November 28, 2014 | 1079 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming & Toning Gel Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just an expensive body cream.I didn't expected that my cellulite will dissapear just by applying the cream,but with good diet and regular cardio this didn't do anything.This can not even compare to a home made peeling (coffee,olive oil and salt) which is inexpensive and works wonders for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by annetteme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased the new formula cream with q10 in september and have used once per day, after bathing, and i am about to finish my second tube, I bought 2 of them on sale at the same time. After about 3 weeks, i saw some improvement on my thighs, however the effect was minimal, but still noticeable. Unfortunately i have quite heavy cellulite, but some bumps have become less visible. I would however not repurchase because the effect is too minimal. After reading all the reviews of other anti cellulite creams, this one seems to be one of the best ones out there. So it seems the HG of the anti cellulite creams has to be invented yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by danai

First of all, let me clarify that this review is for the new formulation of this product, which has added Q10.

A friend of my cousin's who works in the beauty industry recommended her this cream last June. According to said friend, while (as we all know by now) anti-cellulite potions don't really work magic, this one does have things to offer, mainly because it's moisturizing enough to really improve the texture of your butt and thigh skin. My cousin did get it and raved to me about it, so naturally, I had to run out and buy it too. Since I first did in July, I have gone through two tubes which I applied religiously once a day, so I can finally give you my verdict about it, I guess.

First of all, the new formulation hasn't changed the color or the consistency or the smell of this product. In fact, if it wasn't for the new packaging I would have thought it's exactly the same product I used for a very short period years ago (and lazily at that, so I don't recollect the results and if I did, they wouldn't really be valid). It's the same cooling, bright blue, rather strong smelling gel. It's quite pleasant to use and it does sink in ok after five or ten minutes. As for results, I think it gave me decent ones, hence I repurchased and I probably will again. I have a small to moderate amount of cellulite and while this did not remove it all by any means, yes, I can tell you my skin does look smoother than it did without this cream. Also it's constantly very well moisturized, and it does need the added moisture.

So yes, I do like it and I will keep purchasing and using this daily. But do you absolutely NEED it? I wouldn't say so.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by LeoBabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to purchase Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Anti-cellulite Gel-Cream, because of its new revolutionary ingredient, L-Carnitene. L-Carnitine is found naturally in the skin and supports the conversion of fat into energy. Nivea has found a way to put this into a gel. The idea is that you smooth it on everyday - once or twice a day forever. In two weeks you should notice firmer skin and less cellulite. I was curious to see how L-Carnitine will hold up to Caffeine and Retinol.

The Gel-Cream comes in a plastic tube bottle, not very glamorous to compare to the gold embellished Roc or Neutrgemaís metal cans. However packaging might be just one of its advantages. As the gel starts getting low, it is much easier to squeeze out the last bits from the plastic tube bottle, then to struggle with a metal can that has low pressure, and dispenses super slow if at all. The product, which is a smooth blue gel has a delightful, light scent that I certainly did find pleasant. The gel however is thick and makes my clothes feel very sticky. It dries very slowly and leaves a sticky film all over.

Apparently if you use the Nivea Goodbye Cellulite Patches with this gel your results will be better. I didn't use them. However I did use the gel as directed for a month and did not notice any reduction in my cellulite in any way shape or form. So I went out and I bought the patches.

I found that the patches didnít stick to the skin very well even thou I followed the instructions on the box to a dot. I even put a pair of tight shorts to keep them on. But still, they kept rolling up and didnít sit on the skin. Another issue Iíve encountered with the patches was that the area the patch can cover was pretty tiny. Iím fairly slim, 5í8Ē and 125 pounds, and I don't have that many areas I need to cover but in order to cover them all on by legs and butt I need at least 8-10 patches to cover everything at the same time. I can't even imagine how many of them a larger woman would need. The box of Nivea Goodbye Cellulite patches contained only 6 pieces that meant I had to go out and buy several more boxes.

After combing patches and the gel cream, I finally noticed a difference after couple of weeks.

My final verdict, I give Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Anti-cellulite Gel-Cream and the patches 3 star review. Even thou the cream gel had practical packaging, I found it to be very sticky and it only produced results when Iíve combined it with patches. Patches were too small and didnít stay well on. It took too much hassle to finally see some results. As for the rumour that Nivea cellulite treatment is the most affordable one, well it actually is not the case. Even thou cost of Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Anti-cellulite Gel-Cream is low, combine it with few boxes of the Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Anti-cellulite patches, and you get quite a hefty total. To pay a large sum of money for a sticky product with so much hassle to get it work is just not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not say goodbye to my cellulite but it absorbs really quickly and it's moisturising enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Goodbye Cellulite is a nice addition to my summer routine. There is a noticeable reduction in the cellulite on my thighs and derriere. However, you will have to use this every day religiously to see any difference. Also, don't expect miracles; it will reduce mild cellulite, but nothing really severe. It also leaves my skin a bit sticky, but I don't mind.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rachaelsarah

Didn't expect it to work. Basically i assume just massaging the area may have helped a little? But jump to 3 weeks after me getting bored with the whole regime and I'm back to sqaure one. To be honest the ONLY thing that helped me - i promise, for serious results is to do a simple set of 10-15 lunges and 10-15 squats (hold for 2 seconds) each night b4 bed. Trust! just for 2 weeks maybe less. Promise you will be thanking me when you butt is an inch higher ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is fantastic, I was very skeptical at first, but it's definitely doing something for me, I am slim to begin with but I did have a little bit of cellulite at the back of my thighs, no matter how much I work out its impossible to get rid of, I have to wear shorts to work year round so this is perfect! I put it on after my shower and it quickly absorbs, and I pair it with the all over firming body lotion, and I have seen vast improvements, you can't even see my cellulite anymore, I definitely suggest this to someone who has a bit of cellulite that would like to conceal it, fantastic product overall

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by etherpowered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale, so I don't feel that bad that it probably doesn't work. Not that it matters, because at 43 years of age I have no intention of showing my backside in public anytime soon.
I like the scent and it absorbs quickly, so I don't mind adding it to my morning regimen. I would buy it again, but only if it's on sale. I'm thinking the battle to destroy cellulite is best fought by the spa professionals of the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Hamlanabean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am actually surprised by the reviews. I think this product is excellent within a week a could notice a big change on my butt and thighs, 2 weeks it looked almost gone! I would reccomend to a friend, and it's totally worth buying and trying! I did massage my legs and butt for a good 10 mins with the gel- I think that really helps, so I would suggest massage it in for 10 mins if you find it not working!