Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner

3.9

Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl Gluceth-10, Witch Hazel, Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract, Panthenol, Chamomile Extract, Aloe, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA-Copper, Phytic Acid, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, carbomer, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Oleanolic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben. 6/23/11

on 2/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So this is my first Kate Somerville purchase and I'm very happy with it.

First of all with this product I noticed how smooth and soft my skin was, softer than it's ever been and makeup was just gliding on, also I love how hygienic the pump is.
It has definitely improved some redness and discolouration on my skin, and I will be re purchasing if I run out!

on 3/17/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this toner so much. It has to be my favorite toner I've ever tried. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I find this very gentle but very cleansing. Makes my skin feel great. I find this does help prevent acne and help clear and fade active acne and hyper pigmentation. It is quite expensive for the amount you get. I'm used to drugstore pricing but I very much believe it's well worth it. And the pump bottle is so convenient! I think all toners should come in a container like this, its absolutely amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this toner so much! I have very oily, sensitive and acne prone skin and this toner has done wonders to my skin. It lightens up acne scars, removes excess makeup, is gentle enough to use am and pm, and controls hormonal acne. For $24 your skin will love you. I highly recommend this product if you struggle with acne or clogged pores and want something gentle and alcohol free.

*Use with the Shiseido Cotton Pads* - Perfection

on 7/23/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this toner.

The good: NO ALCOHOL. Lol... Alcohol in skincare break me out and there are very few clarifying toners in the market that has no alcohol and still does a good job of clarifying and mildly exfoliating. It's good at prepping my skin for my serum and moisturizer. Instructions on the package say to use it only once a day which is why I did. My skin gets dry pretty easily if I use too much oil-free products or exfoliating products. So I've never tried using this toner twice a day to give a lowdown on what happens then. Haha..
Really good packaging too. You place your cotton pad on the top of the bottle and press it down to release the toner on the cotton pad.

The bad: None so far!

on 6/9/2013 2:33:00 PM

I actually really like this toner. I only use it once a day because I'm using aha's and retinoids and I was so sick of having acne into my adulthood. This toner is helping keep my skin under control. When I use this usually in the am I find my skin is less oily and even toned. I moisturize with Acure oily skin moisturizer,prime with Clarins primer it's heaven btw. I finish with some Strobe and BB cream. This combo has made me skin really nice and it has not broken out at all. If I use it at night I also use 10% aha cream and Cerave PM. This combo along with retin a yes it's a lot but believe it or not I have no acne and have not broken out.

I really like the dispenser on this it's like the cleanser for the beauty blender so this method is clean and you don't over use the product. I have read this has ingredients that help with hormonal acne and that has been my problem. So when I heard that I snatched this stuff up and so far so good. I have been using it over 2 weeks and by now my skin would of broken out, and I haven't. If you have hormonal acne I do say give this a shot it's working for me when I thought I was hopeless. If your skin is super sensative only use it once a day and use a more gentle toner at night like Thayers or something in the non alcohol realm.

I'm very happy with my skins clarity and tone. I will us this always unless my skin cannot tolerate it but so far with all the stuff I use this toner seems to be a great part of my skin care arsenal. Def recommended if you have hormonal acne because it has kept mine at bay and I'm grateful for that.

on 2/13/2013 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this toner, the fact that it does not have alcohol and does not irritate me is great for my acne prone, combo, sensitive skin.
Update: because I liked my results so much I started using this am & pm but it was too much for my skin. So I will continue to use it only once a day at night.
Update: after a month of continued use I haven't seen any results in clarifying or lightening of acne scars. I find its a little bit drying too. I Will finish up the bottle but will not re-purchase.

on 12/30/2012 6:53:00 PM

As a toner it doesn't really do much. I have used many many toners and needed one to help alleviate clogged pores and clear my skin. This one is mediocre at best. I love the packaging though. It makes it so much easier to dispense onto a cotton pad. I will keep the rest of the toner and use it up and then refill it with something else. (I may just end up going back to my much beloved Shu Uemura toner in the red container.)

on 9/15/2012 11:00:00 AM

I have been using this product religiously with my Kate Somerville skincare routine. I find myself using this to mainly help remove the residue left over from the products I use to wash my face. I find the product refreshing at first but leaves my skin a little tacky. I am finishing out this bottle since it wasn't exactly cheap and will then be trying a different toner.

on 4/26/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this toner. It does not contain alcohol so it doesn't burn when I apply it and my skin does not feel tight after application. This product does make my pores appear slightly smaller. Also, since this is a clarifying treatment it should fade dark marks from old acne marks. And it does! That's what I like about it so much. For me, in conjunction with several other products and a good skin care routine, it has improved the overall appearance of my face! The packaging is also great because it comes in a pump so you don't use more than you need (which saves money).

on 3/9/2012 5:48:00 PM

I wanted to love this toner, but I absolutely HATE it. It leaves my face looking greasy-shiny, and feeling sticky. It made me breakout almost immediately after using it, and the breakouts went away when I stopped using it. For the price I expected so much better, and was very disappointed by what I got.

Top Rated Kate Somerville Products