November 27, 2014 | 1432 users online

Treatments (Face) - Evening primrose oil

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Niila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took the EPO softgel tablets. The first week all went well. I even noticed my complexion was a bit rosier.

However, in the second week, a few tiny pimples appeared on my cheeks. This is highly unusual for me. I maybe get 1 pimple per year, and only during menstruation. Never have I gotten many pimples at once, and outside of my menstruation timeframe at that.

I discontinued use and the acne went away, along with the rosy coloration.

If you can use it without getting pimply - go for it! I wish that were the case for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been taking this in capsule form roughly a month for acne. I thought it was starting to help a bit, because it did give the clear parts of my skin a nice glow, usually it's pretty dull. It also seemed to fix my mild rosacea. I have been giving it time, but now I have a bunch of hyperpigmentation spots under the surface of my skin and it hasn't helped my existing acne at all, it has just given me more, in places I have never had it before. Usually it is only on the sides of my cheeks, now its in front and along the bottom of my jaw. Never in my life have I gotten that, so this isn't the "worse before it gets better" thing, or irritation from something else, it's just worse. (plus it's been over 3 weeks) I know for some people this works, and that as I said, it DID have it's benefits, so yeah, if you are not breakout prone I highly recommend it for healthy skin, but if you are breakout prone it is definitely a risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Greensleeves27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have thyroid issues with PCOS and because of the PCOS NOTHING has been able to clear my skin. So, I've had bad skin for the past 10 years. 10 years ago my acne was severe, today it's moderate as I'm very healthy but the inflammation was terrible. My face is always a different color from my body.

Now: Shockingly.... my skin is now mostly clear after just about a week on evening primrose oil at 3000mg.Like really clear. The skin on my face has that dewy nearly pore-less look. If I could hug a flower...

side effects: Only negative side effect has been breast tenderness and seemingly bloating. It does seem to have upset my hormones a bit. However, my mood is great.

Yay, little flower!

OH, also... I put an inch on in hip measurement in this past week...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing evening primrose oil for topical use . as for one of the reviewers advice I
used it as face & hair serum. for hair I did not notice a remarkable change on my hair
it added a hint of moist that is it. for my face I put 3 times a week before bed it is a
light oil & my skin really absorb it quickly & in the morning my skin became soft.
but not as bright & hyderated as it is when I use vitamine E oil
but I like it for summer as vitamine E oil is thick for a summer use it work best for
winter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

No no. Gave me deep, painful cysts on my neck. It didn't help with any of the things this oil is so well known for. Not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started taking this oil to see if it helps my facial eczema. I took this oil orally. One tea spoon a day for 6 weeks.

The results:
- skin was softer and more hydrated
- no improvement on acne (though hard to judge since eczema is where the acne is used to be)
- no improvement on eczema
- unusual increased appetite, followed by weight gain (around 1.5 kg)*

* I am one of those people who NEVER gains weight. I am now nearly 40 and my weight hasn't changed since I was 16, so this weight gain was highly unusual. Since I stopped the oil 10 days ago my weight has dropped back to normal, so I am sure it was the oil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

For anyone suffering debilitating PMS or peri-menopausal symptoms, where evening primrose oil doesn't seem to be helping enough, try Agnus Castus. You have to take it every day of your cycle and after every few months have a break. I noticed the difference in my temperament the first month I took it - I genuinely didn't feel like punching anyone for the first time in months. Yes, it was that bad ..!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I take this internally and I rub it into my face at night before bed and in the morning before my makeup routine. It has cleared my face completely!!! I just started this about 2 weeks ago, so we shall see if it keeps up the good work several months from now ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nadddddd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been taking EPO capsules for a week now and normally i break out on the chin, obviously due to hormonal imbalance. My acne started to spread to my right cheek so i had to do something about it and so i started taking EPO. It has not done much to my skin YET, but it has stopped new spots from growing!!!! I normally get atleast one or two spots grow on my chin once a week, but since i start taking EPO i have not notice one single spot grow and i hope it continues to work and hopefully it clears my acne soon. However, it did give me a headache at first but i guess the effects are different for evergone, but it is defo worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

Tis is a cult product I cannot be without now, I did used to use it and then stopped and forgot how good it was, never again will I be without evening primrose capsules. I had started to breakout around the chin area, small spots under the skin and large painful lumps under the skin, nothing in my skincare routine would help, I have an excellent diet and take supplements. Spots around the chin area in women is a classic case of being caused by hormones, I started taking just one capsule a day and within a week all my spots, lumps and bumps were gone. Amazing results, my skin is so clear and I am so happy, I will continue to take always, very cheap to buy and extremmely effective!