August 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Face) - Evening primrose oil

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been taking this in capsule form roughly a month for acne. I thought it was starting to help a bit, because it did give the clear parts of my skin a nice glow, usually it's pretty dull. It also seemed to fix my mild rosacea. I have been giving it time, but now I have a bunch of hyperpigmentation spots under the surface of my skin and it hasn't helped my existing acne at all, it has just given me more, in places I have never had it before. Usually it is only on the sides of my cheeks, now its in front and along the bottom of my jaw. Never in my life have I gotten that, so this isn't the "worse before it gets better" thing, or irritation from something else, it's just worse. (plus it's been over 3 weeks) I know for some people this works, and that as I said, it DID have it's benefits, so yeah, if you are not breakout prone I highly recommend it for healthy skin, but if you are breakout prone it is definitely a risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Greensleeves27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have thyroid issues with PCOS and because of the PCOS NOTHING has been able to clear my skin. So, I've had bad skin for the past 10 years. 10 years ago my acne was severe, today it's moderate as I'm very healthy but the inflammation was terrible. My face is always a different color from my body.

Now: Shockingly.... my skin is now mostly clear after just about a week on evening primrose oil at 3000mg.Like really clear. The skin on my face has that dewy nearly pore-less look. If I could hug a flower...

side effects: Only negative side effect has been breast tenderness and seemingly bloating. It does seem to have upset my hormones a bit. However, my mood is great.

Yay, little flower!

OH, also... I put an inch on in hip measurement in this past week...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing evening primrose oil for topical use . as for one of the reviewers advice I
used it as face & hair serum. for hair I did not notice a remarkable change on my hair
it added a hint of moist that is it. for my face I put 3 times a week before bed it is a
light oil & my skin really absorb it quickly & in the morning my skin became soft.
but not as bright & hyderated as it is when I use vitamine E oil
but I like it for summer as vitamine E oil is thick for a summer use it work best for
winter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

No no. Gave me deep, painful cysts on my neck. It didn't help with any of the things this oil is so well known for. Not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started taking this oil to see if it helps my facial eczema. I took this oil orally. One tea spoon a day for 6 weeks.

The results:
- skin was softer and more hydrated
- no improvement on acne (though hard to judge since eczema is where the acne is used to be)
- no improvement on eczema
- unusual increased appetite, followed by weight gain (around 1.5 kg)*

* I am one of those people who NEVER gains weight. I am now nearly 40 and my weight hasn't changed since I was 16, so this weight gain was highly unusual. Since I stopped the oil 10 days ago my weight has dropped back to normal, so I am sure it was the oil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

For anyone suffering debilitating PMS or peri-menopausal symptoms, where evening primrose oil doesn't seem to be helping enough, try Agnus Castus. You have to take it every day of your cycle and after every few months have a break. I noticed the difference in my temperament the first month I took it - I genuinely didn't feel like punching anyone for the first time in months. Yes, it was that bad ..!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I take this internally and I rub it into my face at night before bed and in the morning before my makeup routine. It has cleared my face completely!!! I just started this about 2 weeks ago, so we shall see if it keeps up the good work several months from now ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nadddddd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been taking EPO capsules for a week now and normally i break out on the chin, obviously due to hormonal imbalance. My acne started to spread to my right cheek so i had to do something about it and so i started taking EPO. It has not done much to my skin YET, but it has stopped new spots from growing!!!! I normally get atleast one or two spots grow on my chin once a week, but since i start taking EPO i have not notice one single spot grow and i hope it continues to work and hopefully it clears my acne soon. However, it did give me a headache at first but i guess the effects are different for evergone, but it is defo worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

Tis is a cult product I cannot be without now, I did used to use it and then stopped and forgot how good it was, never again will I be without evening primrose capsules. I had started to breakout around the chin area, small spots under the skin and large painful lumps under the skin, nothing in my skincare routine would help, I have an excellent diet and take supplements. Spots around the chin area in women is a classic case of being caused by hormones, I started taking just one capsule a day and within a week all my spots, lumps and bumps were gone. Amazing results, my skin is so clear and I am so happy, I will continue to take always, very cheap to buy and extremmely effective!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reason why I took it:
My friend in school had really dull skin 2 years back. But since she started on EPO supplements, she has really really clear and bright skin. Acc to her, she doesnt use any skincare products. Just EPO, moisturizer and cleanser. So anyways, i had good skin 2 years back, but due to university stress and all that late nights studying, acne has found its way to my face. Notcool. I have tried StievaA, epiduo, that green/black pill and all that. And all those really made my acne worse. So now i look into more natural way of ridding off acne.

My acne is on my right and left cheek, including the hollows of my cheeks. No deep scarring, just red marks of where the pimple has died down with a few pimples. I do feel lately that the acne is spreading nearer to the ear and that's really scaring me.

I'm currently on Day 10 of EPO capsules. Dosage 1000mg 3 times daily. It hasn't done much to my face or hair (or perhaps it's just too gradual i can't see it?). But here's what I notice:

1. When I first took it, i felt more awake and alert than usual. (I really felt it. It felt weird)
2. My right cheek is clear of pimples. only the reddish/brown scars remain. Pretty much under control and can be hidden under a light layer of makeup.
3. My left cheek is cooling down too. But more have grown closer to the ear. Not to sure now whether it is due to EPO. Or maybe EPO just causing them to explode first?
4. My ankle and elbows are evidently much more moisturized. that's a certain fact.
5. My upper cheek (nearer to the eyes) they are much more glowy? that's according to some friends

I'll update soon! I'm giving it 2 months trial!

DAY 14 >
1. My period came a good 6 days late. (not too sure if it was the fault of EPO, but it's pretty coincidental)
2. Redness is much less on my right cheek. No new pimples on Right cheek.
3. Pimples on the left cheek grew and exploded without any squeezing. I just put an Acne Patch from Nexcare after that. So now, my left cheek has no new pimples. But all redness from exploded few.
4. Elbows are really moisturised and has no dry patch at all.
5. My period does not hurt as much as before. Prior to the flow, there was no breast pain too. & I do not feel weak from all the blood loss, which i used to feel a few months back.

Sidenote: I am using Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oils, and taking Zinc Supplements alongside.
Will update again!

Day 18: >
1. My face is a lot more oily (it was dry at first) No moisturising needed for now. leaving my skin to do what it needs.
2. My hollows of my right cheek still has leftover scars, i guess it's undergoing healing. The right of my nose still has a few little ones which I'm guessing is due to clogged pores. (havent scrubbed my face. was too afraid it'll aggravate new pimples)
3. My left cheek continues to explode. I think now there's just 1 left which is huge and swollen. It's kinda like the congested pimple, so i'll wait. Now there isnt much more to my left except huge patches of red/brown/purple blood clotted look. A little upset by thisbunch cause they can't be hidden even by makeup. #annoyed.
4. My period was really not painful and free. Could go for runs and feeling normally energetic.
5. I think i am getting stress pimples on the temples of my head. At spectacle levels. (Exams are coming and I am cramming) But these aren't huge and they arent red. just a lump of pain there.

Sidenote: I upped my level of Zinc to 2 pills a day, still using Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oils. Also using Freeman Dead Sea Mineral Clay Mask now. Overnight, I use Nex acne patches on them pimps.

Oh good Lord, I forgot what day it is now. I would say Day 30? <>
1. My face is no longer disgustingly oily. (Nope, i didnt do anything, i just left my face to how it is suppose to manage moisture by itself)
2. Acne's still there. But it's not swollen and huge. It definitely can be covered by foundation and all that makeup. the bump is short and mild but the diameter of the pimple is huge, i'm talking a dime size huge. lol! This is on both sides.
3. My right side has only 1 ginormous cystic pimple. and a few near my nose.
4. My left is still bad, but much better from the previous eruptions.
5. My overall skin on the rest of my body is amazingly moisturized. You knw how sometimes you get an itch and when you scratch, your skin kinda has white flakes and all that? Yeah, well, I no longer have that.
6. I'm not too sure what it does for my eyes? but my eyes are much more hydrated (i used to have dry eyes.)
7. I recently cut my hair again, and my Stylist commented on how much healthier my hair has become. Since none of my hair products have changed, i'm saying this is the side effect of EPO. :D

1 month to go! continued >>