Laura Mercier Peach Mosaic Shimmer Bloc

Works very well :)

on 12/31/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am late to the highlighter party, I admit. I thought this product would be way too shimmery, but when the MA put it on I was amazed. I looked noticeably "healthier" and it looked natural. I wear this over my LM Wild Bouquet blush and I wear the peach and white colors as eyeshadows. I would never be without this highlighter now! I did not have a skunk-type brush and I bought the LM Finishing brush, which works great. Thank you to all you posters who mentioned how easily this product breaks. I took mine on vacation not too long ago and made sure to put a cotton round in the compact to keep everything in place. I'm LM Warm Ivory/NC15 and Peach Mosaic is just beautiful.

on 10/30/2008 11:36:00 PM

Very expensive, but I think it's worth it. It's true that the colors are too orangey and too frosty to use as eye shadow, but as a blush/bronzer, it's gorgeous. I never really use blush or bronzer unless I'm going out, but this one is so natural and it gives me a really healthy glow. It looks like it will last a while too (I just bought it), so even if it's expensive, it's worth it.

on 1/20/2008 6:54:00 PM

I can't believe all the poor reviews on this product. I love this stuff! This is gorgeous on the eyes as well as your cheekbones.

on 1/7/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i like this palette because it gives me a nice fresh look. I normally don't wear coppery/orangey eye shadows but this one is wearable. I really luv the texture as it's super smooth and not overly shimmery. It also gives me a nice peachy glow when used as a highlighter. Good quality! EDIT: I will not buy this product again because it is very difficult to find the perfect lipstick colour that compliments this palette. Due to the limited usage of this product, I have changed my review to 3 lippies.

on 4/12/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have all the LM shimmer blocks. this one doesnt really work separately. Together this gives a very soft peach shimmer. Not too shimmery and not alot of color. If you want to wear this as a blush you will really have to layer it. As an eyeshadow, its awful. The copper shade goes really orange and doesnt look normal at all. the light peach, light pink shimmer arent super pigmented separately. You see shimmer but not alot of color. Together with the champagne shimmer they all give off a nice soft peach shimmer though. So for $38, you really have to decide if just a highlighter is worth that much! Pretty but not a must have imo.

on 3/14/2007 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This Shimmer Bloc contains shades of copper, pink-peach (both medium and pearl) and coral-peach. The copper shade is more orange-based than it appears in the compact, so it's far more flattering on me as a contouring blush than an e/s. As with LM's other Shimmer Blocs, the texture is very smooth and blendable (both as blush and e/s), and the shimmer is subtle and flattering. As pretty as these shades all look in the compact, however, they really don't offer enough variety for me to recommend this collection. The two lightest colors are so close that I simply brush across both to create a single highlight shade. And if you already own LM's e/s in Guava and Sandstone, as I do, you already have a better, more pigmented look that you're going to get with the Peach Shimmer Bloc. In the end, this is simply too much money to pay for three highlight shades, plus an orangey-bronze shade that's readily available, in numerous varieties, in drugstores.