November 25, 2014 | 1765 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

I do not like the tingle of this gloss and it is being trashed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by witchbaby98

I love it and I love the way it feels tingly and how much healthier it makes my lips look but I hate the smell. it smells like maple donuts or something weird

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Dolly in both the non-tingle gloss and the lipstick (which is in the limited edition container with a kiss graphic on it- only difference that I can tell). The gloss smells kinda like sugar, but it's faint and doesn't taste like anything. I don't smell or taste anything with the lipstick. I like this best layered since I feel like the shine in the gloss gives me more of the color, but the lipstick lasts far longer, so I layer the gloss on top of it and it's a really nice color. I usually stay away from lip products because I hate having to reapply and have a hard time finding colors that I like on me, but this is amazing. It's a nude, but also pinkish, matte-ish in the lipstick and glossy in the gloss so you have a choice of finishes, sells at a reasonable Sephora price point, and just seems to go with EVERYTHING from a dramatic smokey eye night look, to a hanging out at a playdate no makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only time anyone has ever asked me on Facebook what lip color I was wearing, I was wearing Dolly over a Bite pencil. I do not like the intense minty flavor, although I realize that's the "plumping". I just don't like to taste my lip products. Gets in the way of other things. If I couldn't find a drugstore dupe, I might repurchase this but as it is, I'm pretty sure I can find something more inexpensive that's pretty close to this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MissPersephone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have several shades of Buxom lip gloss, but Dolly has got to be my favorite. The gloss is a little thick, but the mauve color very flattering on fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MLBB plumping gloss. Looks mauve in the tube but comes out fairly clear with a hint of color that matches my medium pigmented lips almost perfectly. One bonus is that this medium thick gloss lasts more than an hour, given not a lot of eating or drinking. I'm on my third tube so this is HG status yo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got a mini/sample size in a swap. I hate lip gloss in general and even though this stuff is sticky, I love it. It's mainly because of the effect it has on the lips. It has a SEVERE cooling/peppermint sensation. It's different than a normal menthol flavor/feeling. It's like your lips are frozen (without the frostbite). I love the way it feels. No other plumping or product in general has this heavy of a cold sensation and I love it. It is sticky, which I typically hate, but it's not heavy/uncomfortable. This could be due to the cool effect. I'm not sure. I also like the way it makes my lips look. I have a small mouth so any way I can make my lips look a little bigger, is a good thing. This product makes my lips look plump and juicy. (not in a gross way, which is the way most lip gloss looks to me) The only negative is the price. The full size product is pushing 20 bucks!! That's ridiculous. I think I will eventually buy one because they're so great but no more than that because of the outrageous price. I don't understand why it's so pricey. Even MAC is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I'm already on my second tube! I never would have bought this on its own but it was part of 2012's Superstars kit and it was a lovely surprise how much I loved it. On the website it's described as a shimmering muted plum, I think it's a MLBB in lip gloss form. I'm NC30. It can be worn alone and it's still gorgeous, there is gold shimmer but not obnoxiously so. Personally, I like it over Revlon's honey balm stain or berry smoothie lip butter. I enjoy the plumping sensation and the smell. The only downside is that it's $23 CAD for 0.15oz. Currently, there are a bunch of lip gloss sets for the holidays and they feature Dolly. (I got a set but I still like Dolly the most.) I think I'll just wait for the VIB sale next year to stock up on this. I don't even want to look for another lip gloss. This is HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colour is pretty and I liked the texture.

What I didnt like the tingly feel. I really don't like 'feeling' the makeup on my face and unfortunately I could feel this waayy more than I wanted to. I also disliked the smell.

The packaging is also very solid but I had a bit of a struggle to open it the first time. For a few minutes I thought I would have to take it back just because I was the idiot who couldn't unscrew the lid but it finally opened.

Edit: I have large lips and they were definitely larger after I applied it once so the plumping action works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color is perfect, the packaging is gorgeous, the applicator is great and the minty tingly feeling my lips get when putting this on is fantastic. Plus, it tastes great and not lip-glossy at all! For the price, I got what I paid for. :)