Buxom Lips - Dolly

4.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian previously and really loved the creaminess, plumping and staying power of this gloss even though I've never been a big fan of lip gloss. This time I decided I wanted to try Dolly and see if it lives up to all the hype. I definitely believe it does! This color is perfect for everyday use. It's almost the same color as my lips, only better. I like that it isn't too sticky and my lips feel very moisturized in addition to a subtle plumping. The color is gorgeous and this gloss really stays put. LOVE IT! Will definitely be buying again.

I have this color in both formulas; the cream & sparkly. It's a lovely mauve. I'm not a fan of the packaging, the tubes always manage to leak & make a mess. I don't hav ethis problme with glosses from other brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this lip - polish, I like the plumpness - effect thus the packaging in golden. Kinda reminds me of stila, and Bare Escentuald (Bare Minerals) moxie lipglosses and the other buxom ones glosses. A but tacky, I honestly like b/c it helps the formula last longer. Good colour. Great material for the price in sephora

This is going to be a strange review, because I actually really liked this product and the bee-stung lips it gave me-but I will not buy it again-I will explain why later. The packaging is fairly typical-a tube with an applicator set into the top-my only quibble here is that the labeling on the outside tends to wear off very quickly, and it's a bit annoying if you are trying to remember what the color is called. It's a little sticky, so it's not something I would recommend wearing to dinner, but it is very shiny, a nice color, and stays put for a couple of hours before wearing off. The initial tingling caused by the plumping element goes away very quickly after application, and isn't uncomfortable-it leaves me with a sort of pleasant cool feeling, as though I've just had an Italian ice. It also doesn't come off on my teeth, which is very nice. As far as pricing goes, I don't recall exactly how much I paid for it, but I don't believe it was terribly expensive, as I don't normally splurge on lip gloss. So....if it's all that and a bag of chips, why am I not planning to buy some more? The reason is because I had some sort of allergic reaction to it that caused the tip of my tongue to go numb, similar to the way it might feel a day or two after receiving a pizza burn. Not sure why this happened, or what ingredient caused it, but I'm bummed about it because I really do like this gloss, and if it didn't have that effect on me, I would probably buy it again.

Nice, muted pink; not too light or bright. Typical for a BE/Buxom lip gloss.

Nice neutral color but very very sticky!! Surprised by all the great reviews. This is a hairs worst nightmare in a windstorm

I do not like the tingle of this gloss and it is being trashed.

I love it and I love the way it feels tingly and how much healthier it makes my lips look but I hate the smell. it smells like maple donuts or something weird

I have Dolly in both the non-tingle gloss and the lipstick (which is in the limited edition container with a kiss graphic on it- only difference that I can tell). The gloss smells kinda like sugar, but it's faint and doesn't taste like anything. I don't smell or taste anything with the lipstick. I like this best layered since I feel like the shine in the gloss gives me more of the color, but the lipstick lasts far longer, so I layer the gloss on top of it and it's a really nice color. I usually stay away from lip products because I hate having to reapply and have a hard time finding colors that I like on me, but this is amazing. It's a nude, but also pinkish, matte-ish in the lipstick and glossy in the gloss so you have a choice of finishes, sells at a reasonable Sephora price point, and just seems to go with EVERYTHING from a dramatic smokey eye night look, to a hanging out at a playdate no makeup look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The only time anyone has ever asked me on Facebook what lip color I was wearing, I was wearing Dolly over a Bite pencil. I do not like the intense minty flavor, although I realize that's the "plumping". I just don't like to taste my lip products. Gets in the way of other things. If I couldn't find a drugstore dupe, I might repurchase this but as it is, I'm pretty sure I can find something more inexpensive that's pretty close to this color.

Recommended for Medium Skin