December 22, 2014 | 1467 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been to the Body Shop a total of one time in my life. I came, I saw, I left with some Body Butter that I wasn't all that thrilled with. As a result, I wasn't too interested in going back and haven't.

While browsing in HomeGoods of all places, I saw a slew of Body Shop products at half price. I figured trying a body wash after all these years couldn't hurt, so I picked up the Cocoa Butter Shower Gel. I'm still not sure about the Body Shop's other products but I really love this product. It actually is hydrating and super creamy. You don't need a ton to create a good, rich lather and the smell is great. While I love the effects of cocoa butter, I'm not too crazy about the smell. Somehow, the Body Shop got all the good qualities of cocoa butter without the overwhelming smell of Coppertone.

I like this shower gel so much I went back and got two more bottles that were on clearance no less! I likely won't be traveling back to the Body Shop again, but if their products keep popping up at discount stores, I have no problem trying them out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I can't beleive they're so little reviews for this product. It's a great shower gel. Non drying and gentle. I use it in the summer with the Cocoa Butter Lotion. Not expensive, the small size is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

The other reviewer is right - this soap is super hydrating. I bought it when I moved out to California and my skin was freaking out. It calmed my skin down and made it almost soft. But I agree - I don't like the smell. Not gross or anything but just not pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the most hydrating shower gel I have ever used. I don't even really need body lotion on my dry winter skin after using this shower gel, and it leaves my skin soft, not greasy. The only caveat: The smell. I don't like the smell very much, but it doesn't last after the shower. Cocoa Butter Shower Gel does NOT smell like cocoa butter, so you cocoa butter lovers out there may be disappointed. I will still definitely repurchase for its moisturizing effects.