July 26, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loves this colour! I looks great with my blue/grey eyes. You can use it as a highlight or a subtle colour or build it up for a more dramatic evening look. Alima is the absolute best brand for eye shadows, reasonable prices, great colours, only a few natural ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Alima included a sample of this in my last order and I am SO THANKFUL that they did that! This is such a great highlighting shade! Perks up my lids and brow bone area in a snap! Doing a side by side comparison Glow is very similar to MAC's Vanilla pigment only Glow has a little bit more pink to it and a bit more shimmer. The sample is going to last me for awhile but when it's gone I'll definitely buy a full size jar of this. Thanks Alima!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by babyhera

This is a beautiful color and as everyone has mentioned it makes a great brow bone highlighter. I too have used it on the inner corners of my eye to good effect. I can't quite decide if I want to spend the money on it for a full size (I haven't finished with the sample I bought) because I hate to pay for shipping (I'm a bit of a cheapie when it comes to S+H). However I've been using it everyday and it's becoming something of a staple. Does anyone know if EDM makes a color that is very similar?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by anniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE perfect brow bone highlighter that I have searched high and low for. I tried so many that just didn't work, including the popular ones like MAC Shroom, Stila Kitten, etc, but nothing I found worked. They either had pink undertones, or were too stark white or too yellow. Glow is a pure, pale light gold/beige with absolutely NO pink undertones at all (yay!). A very true champagne color. It's very versatile and I can use it for a beigey, neutral eye or a dramatic black smoky eye. I have a pic in my profile of this paired with MAC Black Tied. No problems with fading if you pair it with a primer and lasts all night! Love this and will continue to buy it again and again, especially at such a reasonable price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewer below - Alima Glow is a gorgeous color and very lovely! It really creates a perfect "glow", and thus, is aptly named. I bought a sample of this, and I just ordered the full-size version. It really is a creamy-gold, but very light, and only slightly yellow in tone. It is great for warm-toned people; I am a W2 in Alima's foundation (though sometimes a shade darker via self tanner). Glow is *the* perfect eyebrow highlighter, and I love to wear it on the lid and as a highlighter (also as an inner eye brightener). I can't say that this has made it to Holy Grail status for me yet, as only time will tell if my love will fade, but right now, I'd say it stands a shot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

Glow came to me as a sample eyeshadow from Alima (they always enclose some free samples when you order). It is described as a creamy gold on the website - when I apply it to my crease, it totally wakes up my sleepy eyes! My eyes immediately look bright and alert and when I line it with one of their Shimmer Eyeliners, my eyes have never looked better/bigger. THis is particularly important because I have heavy/hooded lids. Glow gives my eyes exactly that.

It is more a more natural "brightening" color for me than pure white or even pink, possibly because I have yellow undertones. The gold is very wearable, not yellow gold but a nice shimmery... well, creamy gold! :) I would imagine that it would look good on most yellow/olive skin tones. Applied lightly, it would be a nice highlighter for under the brow bone too. I almost want to use it as a highlighter for my cheekbones too... it is really very wearable.

I have oily lids so absolutely nothing lasts all day on my lids. But this doesn't disappear too quickly and should be long wearing for those with normal lids.

I love Glow, can't live without it! Eyeshadows are seldom HGs because there are so many colors/looks to wear. However, this one is very close to HG if not already. Needless to say, I ordered a full size.

For reference, I wear W2 in Alima and a mix of Golden Fair/Fairly Light/Winged Butter in Everyday Minerals foundation.