November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Pastel Teint Essentiel - Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

So I have been dying to try Bourjois products and have finally made a leap of faith and ordered a few on Ebay.
Before buying this powder I made sure to ask as many questions about it as possible since you cannot really see it in person.
I found an amazing deal where you get 3 products for one price so of course I had to get it.
The powder comes in a very cute twist off plastic packaging. The packaging is light salmon pink color with the description written in gold letters (so adorable). Inside you will find a handy thin sponge applicator and a plastic protective insert that separates the product from the sponge.
The product looks like a dome shaped baked product (although I am not sure if it is actually baked, just shaped that way). It has a peachy tint to it (I got #73 in Rose Plaisir). On the skin the powder comes off more translusent than peachy, but still has a coverage (kind of hard to describe). I am about NC 20 (23-25 in the summer) and this looks absolutely flawless on my skin.
The texture is quite nice, it's very soft and not powdery at all. Makes the face look very smooth.
A few things I do not like about this powder #1 - parabens. It contains both methylparaben and propylparaben, but so does most high street, drug store makeup. So I guess it's not too big of a deal.
#2 - it's highly highly perfumed. I do not have sensitive skin so so far I did not get any bad allergic reacting to it, but I cannot say that everyone would react the same to it. The scent is that of an expensive chic "sophisticated lady" perfume, that's the best way I can describe it! I don't love it, but I don't hate it enough to discontinue wearing the product since I do like how it looks on my skin.
I do absolutely wish Bourjois was carried in the US because it is definitely a very very good brand and can definitely compete with some high end brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best pressed powder I've ever purchased (for now). It can be used as finishing powder, but I use it more as a daily powder. I have quite a pale skin and this powder give me a 'rosey' effect, makes my face look fresh. I apply this product in the morning and I can just leave it all day I don't have to do some retouch. It has some goldy glitter and gives radiant effect, but not too much. It's not a shimmer but I really love the radiant effect.
So far I always satisfied with Bourjois products I've purchased. They're great products come with reasonable and affordable price. And yes, I will totally repurchase this thing again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder & have already repurchased it. I didn't realise just how adored it was until I dropped my old one and couldn't be without it for a few days, immediately rushing out to get a new one! RosÚ suits my pale English complexion perfectly and really prolongs the longevity of my foundation. I'm not oily, but it keeps shine at bay & I like the scent alot :)
EDIT: Both my 1st & 2nd purchases of this the powder shattered, making it an absolute pain to use. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I love this powder! I have it in 64 rose. I may need a darker shade for summer but for now this matches my skin tone really nice. It is so smooth and silky going on and leaves my face looking lovely. It even hides my pores and seems to make my wrinkles less visible. Got to love that! I love the scent as well. It is not too perfumey, but just a pleasant femenine fragrance. I am loving the fact that I can apply this powder without extra moisture and primer. I used it right onto my face and recieved unbelievable coverage. That never happens with any of the powder foundations I have used. Wouldn't you know...they are discontinuing this line of makeup!!! No! I have always loved so many of the Bourgois products for so many years, and now another one is being canceled. I feel like I have to rush to find backups of my very favorite items before they are all gone forever. Get this one while you can ladies. You will love it, and I can hardly find any products left in the stores or online.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lemming this like crazy before I bought it.. but, afterwards I felt a little silly. This is a tinted powder that is pretty peachy in the pan, and applies about the same. It has a great scent, that I really liked, but it just didn't do much for me. I don't think it was the right color for my skin, and it just felt really cheap. It didn't do much of anything for me, so I wouldn't repurchase. I gave it 3 lippies, because I loved the scent, but I honestly have only used this a handful of times since I got it months ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I don't have the powder in rose, but I do have it in sablÚ. I find it is a bit too orange for me and I really need to blend it in to make it work for me... The smell is nice and it's easy to use, but I think I'd be better off with the lighter colour. It's also quite expensive and unless the lighter one suits my skin better I don't think I'd buy it again.

EDIT: I bought the powder again in Rose, I really like it. Suits me much better than SablÚ and it makes my face look lovely :) Adding on 2 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by vc321

I only just purchased this powder, but my initial reaction is one of satisfaction. The novelty of the pretty scent and packaging is probably the most influential factor of my judgment at this point, though (it makes me feel like a Parisian girl playing with her mother's makeup). The color blends in seamlessly with my light skin tone, and is not at all visible or cakey. I notice, though, that the skin must be evenly dry yet well moisturized before application lest the powder clump on moist spots or accentuate dry patches. This is a nice pressed powder for a reasonable price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder...including the heavy smell it has. It *is* very perfumed so beware of that if you are sensitive to fragrance - I, for one, find it very glamorous somehow.

It gives great coverage leaving a velvety, matte finish that lasts quite a long while...which is handy because the plastic container is pretty ugly (although quite secure) and not something you will want to show off. I apply it using a large brush but I also like the little sponge it comes with as well.

I have it in Rose & find it too dark for my NW15 skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this new pressed powder by bourjois.Thought it might be quite peachy but its a nice soft light pink without too much pink.Gives you a healthy glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ice_tea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is suitable for light/fair skintone but NOT super fair skintone. It used to be the lightest shade but Bourjois has a lighter shade now. I am sure you can use this to set your makeup or as a pressed powder. It's transluscent and gives me a velvetly matte finish. Don't get me wrong, it is not drying. What's more, it makes the pores on my nose less visible (I am using a sheer foundation, which doesn't cover pores). I haven't used any other powder or foundation that could do so without looking fake. I have found my HG powder. The packaging is cute too.