November 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sally Hansen - Line Smoothing Airbrush Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jw111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this I had tired something else (w/o knowing about this product) which was thicker and matte like. This looked more special and refined in its presentation and I like Sally Hanson products which even as a little girl seemed a little grocery but have found other stuff they have like nail polish better than other grocery store brands. I liked the retinol thing. So when I tried this, I wondered about the smell too. It also at first didn't work like the matte style and was more, if not very refined and light. It didn't match the matte like I said. It also didn't seem to fill in pores (at first), like I thought it would. So, I didn't use it for a while, but rememered how refined it was and through time when using foundation, that if you put a decent, fine, light moisturizer on first, particularily the nose, then the makeup doesn't get into the pores and protects it from the make up. This can be hard to find as lotions are oils, and etc...and eat away at the top layer of skin, and the best skin is untouched skin, like a childs. Anyway, the lotions i had were thick anyway and then tried this again, remembering it was light. I used this the other day, LET IT DRY first a little, gentley put makeup over top, went about my shopping, etc. What happened was !!!!....my skin got super refined and gleamy like flawless skin w/fine sheen on my nose and the skin texture is really excellent, vogue flawless like sheen...and just on my nose, as that is where I only put if, because I have been trying not to put makeup on my face, but hate pores, so only there when going out. I also don't over scrub or over clean my face, because it is not necessary (like child) ( be careful!) It is in to the second night w/leaving it alone. I went looking for my can to look this up to see what others thought and hoped they were still making it. I am about to take a shower and want to apply this all over my face now and neck. I have a problem w/dry skin, calcium in water film (real pain, hard to get soft face skin) and CAN't use ANY lotion I have ever found to put on face to keep from drying because they ALWAYS give me skin, mass (makeup poisoning they call it...not you, but gunk goes into skin and gets pimply, awful mess) but this stuff?!!!! OMG! I found a new face lotion to super refine my skin....had to tell my story so they'll keep making it!!!! If you have my problems, hate regular lotions, give this a chance and wait a day w/it...if there is something to be smelly about I really don't notice. I can't stand how people put perfumes in face creams, this NEVER bothered me at all w/irritated eyes or nose...so i'll never complain, nothing to complain about in the first place..others too pre-picky...like I said NEW FACIAL TONER PROTECTER AND "TRANSFORMER".....off to my shower...if this needs editing will do later or sorry, wrote alot, but what I thought. Another thing I thought I'd add...not sure if there is a drying out situation w/packaging, or keeping pure but because its a spray in a can I wondered if they could put it in a squeeze tip bottle so you don't lose any. Also, I also wondered if the 'can' spray idea also HELPED in its miraculous workings for refinement because I retried this other foam cleansing wash and skin was shinier too and refined, so maybe better in can spray still since 'it does the job' :) :) ......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this product today and my foundation went on smoother and lasted much longer than usual. I didn't touch up at all in the 10 hrs I had my make up on. I used mac studio fix moisturizer underneath it for the first time so I don't know if this any effect on it. Will update if it doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LisaJansen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aaaaahhhh! A stinky chemical spray that made my pores even larger! It's going back today.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by annaliese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The retinol in this product stings a little sometimes, but overall I was happy because this filled in my large pores & my makeup goes on much smoother after I put this on first. I didn't notice line smoothing exactly, I mostly just want primer to help disguise large pores that makeup by itself almost can seem to highlight. Would be better if it had SPF15 though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was so excited when i swapped for this,my first MU primer! well...it didnt do what i expected at all,in fact i think it made my pores look bigger! glad i didnt pay for this and i guess ill try Smashbox next. although i decided to try it for an eye primer,ill update later w/ how well/badly it worked.
and yes i agree it would of been better if it wasnt aerosol.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by megs34

I really like this product.. made my skin smooth and i did not break out. I like how i can spray it onto a sponge and apply it. I am oily and it kept my oil at bay for a couple hours which isnt too bad

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This did nothing for me. I use MMU and I thought I would try this to see how it did with that. #1, I do not get the whole having to spray it out routine. They could have saved money on that feature. It comes out cold and kind of foamy. I rub my fingers in it and put it on my face. Nothing. No smoothing - just nothing. Nothing bad but nothing good, either. It may work for someone else, just did not work for me. I am putting mine on the swap list if you want to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Monika1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product personally. I use it under a cream foundation and find that my foundation has more staying power when combined with the Sally Hansen Primer. After I apply this product and than touch my face, my face has a silky feel to it. Don't know if it neccessarily "smoothes lines" but heck its a good primer in itself. Would repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolute crap. Why I picked this up on a whim I'll never know, but it's useless. The aerosol is annoying and squirts all over the place, including my clothes, the bathroom counter...everywhere but my hands. It feels cold upon application and then dissipates to nothing... where did it go? What does it do? I don't know. It's just lame and pointless. I can't wait to return it to Rite Aid and get my 7.99 back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE. I bought this as my first crack at a foundation primer and WHAT A BAD MOVE. I tried it for two days and it was two days too long. It made every imperfection on my face stand out. It was very chemical-y and like the other reviewer said, it made my face makeup turn orange. Everytime I checked my makeup throughout the day, I was disgusted. Save your money and invest in something high-end.