October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Carrot Nutritive Day Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sparklinglemonade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given this product after my mother decided it didn't work for her. I initially used it for both day and night, but found it to be a little to hydrating for daytime use, so it's a shame they call it a day creme. It worked OK, but even after letting it settle into my skin, it made my makeup into a sort of oil slick over the top of my skin, which ultimately resulted in less duribility for my foundation and drier skin in my problem areas.

So, after a week or so, I decided to try it only at night and I'm very happy with that. It may just be my skin, but it really takes about five to ten minutes to stop being "sticky" and then the entire night for my face to absorb and benefit from the creme. What I wake up to, however, is soft, hydrated and glowy skin. I haven't noticed any yellowing or jaundicing and I am fair skinned.

The smell is very subjective to taste. I was almost put off by it at first, and even still when I open the jar, it throws me off a little. But once it's on my skin, it smells like delicious carrot cake and it's really quite nice. But I love carrot cake, sooo....

TL;DR: Use at night. Smells like cake.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I like Burt's Bees products but unfortunately I'm not a fan of this one for two main reasons:

1. It's greasy and sits on the skin. It doesn't absorb in very quickly and is very thick, so this leaves your skin feeling a bit sticky and shiny. Some people will be happy with that, especially if they have dry skin, but I didn't like this.

2. It has a very strong smell. It's not an awful smell, it's just very strong and it lingers for a long time.

It does moisturise though so I think instead of using as a day cream I will use it as a night cream or maybe a hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturiser but it takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you're used to regular face creams. The texture is quite thick and heavy, it feels quite sticky at first. However I found that It really suits my dry skin, especially through the winter. I spend time rubbing it in properly and then leave it to 'settle' for 5 minutes before applying makeup.The smell is a bit unusual (reminds me of cake mix) but I soon got used to it. I like the fact it is mainly natural ingredients and also very moisturising. I imagine it might be a bit heavy for oilier skin, and during warm weather I have switched to the Burt's Bees clary sage day cream which is a bit lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by flor1201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I primarily use this as an eye cream because it is very moisturizing for a long time and does not irritate my eyes. I have used so many different brands of eye creams that would irritate my eyes. I asked my mom what she has been using and she suggested this . I wish it would come in a tube because it tends to dry out over time ): I dont recommend to use it all over your face because it is thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Tati77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always liked this product as a heavy-duty moisturizer. It's not so much a "day creme" for me, as it's quite rich (and doesn't contain SPF) but I use it at night and in the winter months. A light application is all you need.

It does take time to absorb into the skin and the fragrance isn't anything to write about, but a light application at the right time of day (i.e. when not in a rush to apply makeup) leaves me with soft, dewy, very hydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by viscousbadgerjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG moisturiser since my OH bought me some for Christmas on a whim 2 years ago because I like natural products. I can't imagine using anything else now.

It leaves my combination skin dewy, soft and glowing all day and doesn't break me out at all unlike moisturisers that contain mineral oil - even when I use it in the summer.

You do need to leave it to soak in for 10 mins before applying make up but it makes a lovely smooth base, especially if you prefer a dewy rather than a matt finish.

A jar lasts me about 3 months and it's rich enough to be used as a night cream as well.

Never sufferd with an "orange cast" and though I disliked the smell to start with, I have really grown to like it.

The only way they could improve it for me is if they added SPF - however I make up for it by using an SPF foundation.

23/07/2012 - Edited to say....4 years after receiving my first jar, this is STILL my favourite moisturiser and I use it every morning and night and have never used anything else. I am now 30 (argh) and hope this moisturiser keeps doing such a good job of keeping my skin soft, plump and hydrated. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by anisola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I'm not using an spf lotion, I use this. It doesn't break me out and i really do like the smell as I do all Burt's Bee's products. It really moisturizes and does give you a glow. I've had several people comment on the glow of my skin, once person even thinking I was pregnant, and no, that's not the kind of comment a woman who's not pregnant wants, but it's good to my skin looks healthy. hahhhhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product looks like it needs some reviews to redeem its name. I have been using it as a day and night cream with great results. It is very moisturizing. You just need a dab on your finger for your whole face.

People that are calling it greasy may be using too much, but I will say, like a lot of heavy moisturizers, it is something that you need to allow to absorb into your skin before you continue with doing your makeup.

Another common complaint I saw was the smell. It smells very sweet like cake batter. The scent does not linger after it absorbs into your skin. I happen not to think it smells delicious like something I want to eat but you might hate sweet smells.

And finally, it does not make you look yellow or jaundiced. Again, these people must be using a lot of the product to be noticing this. Apply sparingly until you feel you've lightly covered your face. Again, you do not need a lot of this product! This little jar will last you a long time.

Since I have been using it day and night for 2 weeks, I will say I have noticed that my complexion and tone have become very even.

PROS
quantity- a little goes a long way
quality ingredients
yummy smell
creamy texture
dewy complexion
doubles as night cream

CONS
if it is hot, the cream becomes viscose . you might spill it easily if you do not carefully open the jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product more frequently when I lived in New England, those harsh winters were killer on my skin. I used this on my face, neck, legs, arms, and it really helped keep my skin moisturized. I never turned yellow. I did find that the product was less appealing as it sat around, it would seperate and get a weird oily layer. I haven't bought it again since moving to a sunny place, I just don't need that level of moisturizer now, but if I lived in a harsh climate I would stock up on this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by brendatroyer

I can't believe all the negative comments about the smell of this stuff! For me the smell is one of its selling points, it's extremely addictive. But I guess scent likes and dislikes are a very personal and subjective thing. Just read some perfume reviews on popular fragrances and you'll find the same thing - intense love and intense hate. This is one of the first moisturizers I used when I first started to moisturize in my early 20's. I think it was probaly too heavy for me back then but I loved it anyway for the smell (of couse :) and for the way it left my complexion so bright and dewy. I now live in CO which is a very dry climate, and being in my early 30's, this is a perfect night cream for me. I think its a little too heavy for day, I prefer Mary Kay Timewise lotion for that. Although I will sometimes use it for day because I'm just craving the smell !!! :)