October 25, 2014 | 942 users online

Powders - Physicians Formula - Skinsitive Ultra Gentle Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by wavesograin415

I've been using this powder for a few months. I use the transulcent because I really only need it to get rid of extra shine. I hate the feeling of wearing face makeup, so I usually just use concealer where I need it and this powder in my t-zone. It looks natural and doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is the best! I even prefer it over MAC Blot powder, which is what I was using before discovering this. This brand I find to be hit or miss. Some products are great, some are horrible. The packaging itself, is not the best. The compact is rather bulky. I wish it were on the slimmer side, so I could carry it with me. It is on pricey side for a drug store brand, but If I find it on sale, I'll buy a couple. This powder is very fine, which makes it look natural, not pastey or dry on the skin. I would purchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Nanashi

I am not impressed with this product at all. It costs nearly as much as a much finer made powder that goes on more natural has better ingredients and is not worth shelling 10 dollars out for! I have very sensitive acne prone skin and I encourage all of you to learn more about the ingredients in your products especially from the grocery store. I mention that because this product contains one of the leading acnegenic ingredients in cosmetics that is a major nono :). The ingredient is acetylated lanolin. Basically if you see lanolin in any of your foundations or concealers you might want to consider another product. Any lanolin that is synthetic and not natural will cause breakouts. Which (go figure) is exactly what I got lots of from this product. Lovely clogged angry pores. Stay beautiful ladies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to find a good pressed powder for quick touch-ups during the day, so I thought I'd give this a try. First of all, I did not look at the price before I purchased it. 10 bucks for drugstore! Geez! That being said, I do feel like it is a superior drugstore powder. It does not make my skin itch like some pressed powders do, and it looks very natural and blots oil. Overall, I think I'll try some other things first, but I might purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by anggiedin

This realy works on my very sensitive skin. It feels great although i have to re-aply it coz I had a combination-oily skin. The downside is the mirror is became useless coz it's under the powder ! But overall I love it & definately going to buy this again! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 12:40:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whenever I purchase Physician's Formula stuff, I feel like I am taking part in a scientific study. The stuff is very unorthodox and sporadic. With that being said, I am too fear full to depend on a product, lest it be discontinued! I was one dependant on their previous powder and it happend. Later, I did some research and found out it was some issue with the FDA, eek! Anyways this stuff is nice, but I would prefer to be poisoning my skin, because it did a better job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchases this in the green shade in attempts to tone down my "redness" from retin-a use. This is my first foray into using "corrective color"...and I must say it really does what it says. The light green color is supposed to counteract redness. The trick is to apply lightly. I use a powder brush, but when on the run I do use the puff that it came with. I only apply in my very red areas (my t-zone, this is really the only place I need powder anyway), but this could be used all over the face. I love that it is formulated for sensitive skin...I have experienced no irritation from this product. The packaging is super cute too! I would definately recommend to someone else looking to tone down their redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2002 1:30:00 PM More reviews by misa

I just purchased this 2 days ago and I love it. I bought this in Pure Beige which is a perfect color for my fair/ruddy/combo skin. Although it's only .3oz, it covers very well for me. The compact is a bit like MAC Studio Fix, but the puff with it is not to my liking so I just bought another one. Also, the mirror is underneath the powder instead of on the top cover. But...overall...I really like this product. Doesn't kill my skin like others and doesn't seem to be drying it out.