September 21, 2014 | 1009 users online

Highlighters - Milani - Glimmer Stripes in Berry Glimmer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in swap & am SO glad I did! I hadn't done any background checking on it, read any reviews, etc. So wasn't 100% sure what I was getting..But I could immediately tell by looking at the shades that it was going to look nice on my fair skin (neutral, leaning warm-nc15 for reference. w/brwn hair & eyes) I took the biggest blush brush I had & swirled it around in all the "stripes" and applied to my cheeks - it's that perfect "flush" of color we're ALL searching for :) It IS slightly shimmery (hence the name SHIMMER STRIPES Lol) but it's not big hunks of glitter or anything like that. It has no more shimmer than NARS Orgasm blush, Milani Luminious,etc.I haven't really tried it as "just" a highlighter yet, but I do plan to & will hopefully update my review accordingly, but Highlighting my fair skin can be difficult so if this is able to do that I will SURELY be impressed then Lol :D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by FRIENDLYROZI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am super disappointed in this product. I bought it on a clearance sale so i didn't lose too much money wise. But I really wanted to like it :(
I bought it mainly for eyeshadow use. The colors are really hard to get on the brush and lid; I think thats because the shadow consistency is really hard. The only way to use this eyeshadow would be to wet it, only then the product is somewhat decent. I hoped I helped, thanks for reading.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yikes..this was glittery on me. I am NC40-42 for reference. I used several different brushes and that didn't help. I stepped out into sunlight and I was a glitter bomb. I was disappointed and tried to use this as eyeshadow but the texture was just way too chunky for that. I couldn't even out the product onto my lids. I am so glad that I only spent about 2 bucks on this at CVS. I believe it is being discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by amydo

I have been waiting for this to go on sale. I finally got it. I love the packaging. Every stripe of color is beautiful. Very smooth and very pigmented. I tried it on my cheek and my eyes. I love all the colors in it. One drawback for me, it is too shimmery. I can't stand it. I wish Milani would make the exact color with 50% less shimmery, then I would definitely buy it again. As is, I don't think I will wear it every day. I have tried to apply very light handed and very small area, but still can't get use to it. I guess I am one of those "matte" type of gals. For now, I will keep it for combine with others eyeshadow but I don't think I will ever put it on my cheek unless I am going to a party. If you don't like shimmery products, this is definitely not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by blushingpammy

I love this product! I use the bottom 2 layers as a blush and it is very pretty! I use the top stripe to highlight and it gives me a gorgeous glow on the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why am I just now using this and realizing how amazing this product is. I've had this for a few months now and just didn't really notice it, until going through my makeup stash. These colors are amazing and are quite buildable and I could compare these to the Laura Mercier new bronze collection out now. Much cheaper still does the same things..highlight and add color where you need to. NC45 and I use this after my foundation stick from IMAN, and my face has this dewey glow. Just amazing and I wish I would have been using this earlier and I could have saved 30 bucks and used this instead of LM. ladies this is a beautiful pallette of colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at my CVS during a bogo. Since i'd dark skinned NC55 I use the lover portion of the glimmer stripes mostly. The pigmentation is great a little is all you need. The powder itself is glimmery so you'll need to blend it well. It last about four hours. I'd buy again. Update: all my ladies who are deeper in color. Beware when using this as I stated above a little goes a long way. I ended up looking like a fool. I used the top portion as a highlighter under my brows. In my bathroom mirror it was pretty and shimmery taupe. At work it was shimmery pink to grape. So be aware that a little is all you need.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by karaer

very very pretty and versatile... i apply it with a light hand to my cheecks and just swipe my finger over it and onto my eyelids for a pretty natural look. makes my blue eyes look really pretty! super cheap too, i got it at CVS for 50% off with the purchase of another milani product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I like this, but I don't love it. Maybe once I get a thin layer of the top off then the pigments will be better like most drugstore makeup. But the thing that I love about this product is that I can wear a shade as in eyeshadow, then use them on my cheeks! You might want to pair this up with a nice peachy pink lipgloss! and light shimmer eyes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

HG!!! This looks so pretty on my fair, cool-toned skin. For reference, I'm about NC15/NW15 in MAC, with cool pink undertones and some redness. This is my perfect pop of pink for that Snow White look. Plus, it's got some shimmer, so it looks like I used a Shimmerbrick on top of it. Another thing I love is the versatility- running my brush just over the white and lilac stripes gives me a highlight over other blushes, while swiping it over the whole thing gives me a great everyday glow, and just over the two brightest pink stripes gives me a more intense pop for a dramatic look.

Before I got this as a RAOK from an awesome swapper, I'd tried NARS Mata Hari- too pink for me and clownish, BB Rose Shimmerbrick- more rosy than pink, Peony Shimmerbrick- almost the same as Berry Glimmer but about 10x the price and actually a bit less pigmented, Pink Shimmerbrick- too frosty and unpigmented, and NARS Angelika- too sparkly, all trying to achieve the effect I get from this $5 DS item!