October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Loose Powders - Marcelle - Face Powder in Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Best powder ever! Keeps me matte yet natural looking. It's about $15can for a huge jar of it. I don't even need to touch up throughout the day.
Only complaint is I find it hard to get much product out at a time. You have to really shake it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i have combination sensitive skin and this powder is very drying for me........like the texture and the finish.....great price too......unfortunately my skin won't agree.......

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ticialanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was my favourite fluke of the year. I bought it on a whim at Loblaws because it was on sale (seven dollars!) and I was running out of my MAC studio fix compact powder and I was no where near the mall.

Usually my MAC powder gets me oily 3 hours into wearing it. I dabbed a little bit of the Marcelle Translucent powder in the morning on my nose because it was getting shiny. By the time I got home (around 4:30) my nose was still shine free! This NEVER happens and I have struggled with oily skin all my life.

The powder is lightweight, clear once you apply it and actually keeps you shine free. The only cons would be the size of the container and the fact that it gets everywhere (but that's all translucent powders). Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Simply EXCEPTIONAL - in its own...quiet way.
Powder is important in my routine, especially loose powder. I have many of them. While I like to experiment with new exciting things, this powder is always there. I am male but can never go on a trip without my sunscreen, the ELF powder brush, and Marcelle Face Powder. I can live without foundation, blushes, and bronzers, but I simply cannot leave the house with an SPF oily face.

Most powders are either too coarse, too shiny (why do they have to put mica in there?), or so dry that I feel like I'm dragging my sunscreen as I slide the brush around my face. Marcelle is so fine, the brush glides smoothly, and the finish is simply perfect! no need for a setting spray. I'm not sure whether it is the fine talc or the small amount of mineral oil it contains but it is pure genius!

Is the packaging too big? Yes!! There's 70g or product in there, which makes it cheaper than Ben Nye Luxury Powders by size. You can get it for 10.97 CAD at Walmart. Considering the size it's as cheap as the NYC Loose Powder. The container might be a bit too bulky for travel but I don't care. I just put a sticker to block the sifter and toss it in my bag. I don't even bother to transfer. The two available shades, Translucent and Translucent Medium differ mainly not in darkness but in color. Translucent Medium is simply a bit red, not dark.

Trying to be impartial, I guess its greatest PROS can turn out to be its CONS as well.
- Because it is so sheer, it doesn't offer any coverage. It will slightly blur imperfections but that's about it. Which is good because it doesn't turn my facial hair beige when applied liberally. :)
- Because it is so creamy, there are other talc / cornstarch / rice powders in the market that control oil slightly better. But for normal to slightly oily, slightly dry skin people this is great.
- Because it is so smooth, I find that blush and bronzer don't bind on it as well. I'd say it's more suited as a finishing powder. But I personally prefer a yellow powder for that.

Bottom line: If you need powder to remove shine from sunscreen all over your face and neck this powder is great. If your skin is not too oily it makes a good finishing powder as well. A true beauty bargain, 100% Canadian.:)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Jayyhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is awesome. right after i apply it i find my makeup to last longer and set reallly well. i find that it can be a little powdery if i apply too much but once ive worn it for a while, it looks fine! this does flashback IF you caked it on. if you dusted it over your face to set foundations, it doesnt flashback. the packaging is simple and it gives just enough powder with a couple of taps. i loove this powder and i havnt touched my other ones since i purchased this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This powder is freaking fantastic! I have super dehydrated be oily skin so finding a powder that doesn't make me look more dehydrated and chalky but keeps the oil at bay has been a very, very big challenge. My mom actually bought me for this a year ago and I for some reason never used it but dug it out a month ago and I love it SO much! The powder comes in the biggest container I have ever seen which isn't ideal for powder but it is only $15 and my mom's jar has lasted her *3* years, still has a tiny bit left and she wears makeup every single day. That is $5 a year for a powder and an incredible one at that. I find one of the biggest issues with powder is getting that really powdered, chalky look and this powder doesn't give me this at all. I apply a generous amount to my face everytime after I apply foundation and my face looks soft matte but not cakey, powdery or chalky at all. The powder does have a slight pinky tiny but I don't find that it actually interferes with the rest of my makeup at all. The only downside I can think of involving this powder is that because the container is fairly large, it isn't travel friendly but for travel you could always transfer a bit of the powder to a smaller container. They also make a Translucent Medium powder for those with darker skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

My second ever face powder, and first loose one. Mostly, I was excited to get to use the big fluffy powder brush, but the product was great too!

I love that it literally keeps your face matte all day, and thats really good coming from someone who has had a super oily forehead her whole life. I like that it doesn't smell, and doesn't make my face cakey. It's a very very sheer coverage, but it's perfect to keep all your make up in place all day, while keeping the oily shine away!!!

The price was fantastic too! Shoppers Drugs Mart for $15. It's HUGE and seems to last forever, so you defientely get your money's worth.

Hope they don't discontinue!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Seri15

Great price for such a big container! I actually was new to make up when I first bought this and I actually never heard of the brand name (actually even now i only know of the powders existence). It makes my skin matte really nicely!!

CONS: The only downside is that i always either have to shake or Turn it upside down for more powder to surface when I run out (with the lid on of course) This can get sometimes messy by accident and sometimes too much surface and when i swipe or dab mu brush into it I get a bit too much. It's actually not that big of a deal since with other loose powders we tap off the excess anyways. Just a little note to you guys out there, be careful not to apply too much because it can look cakey. (Well no one applies powder till its cakey anyways usually with any other powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great loose powder that is great even for my dry sensitive skin. I pat on a very light layer on my Tzone and it really helps control any oil that I get. The shade is translucent so it just gives a very natural matte look. I got a huge jar of it at Walmart for $10 so the price is great. The packaging is ok although it tends to get messy but it's expected of loose powder. I think it would be better if the product is in a jar with smaller opening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL ALERT! I have never bought the same loose powder twice because I was always out to find the best one for my oily skin...and this is it!!! I will never buy another brand of loose powder!

I usually walk by the Marcell section because I assumed it was expensive and I didn't have any experience with the company. I stumbled on this at the drugstore and was afraid to look at the price for such a huge jar of powder. To my surprise - it was $14.50 for 2.4 oz...I bought it without even checking the reviews! The last powder I bought was at MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder at 0.28 oz for $29.00 - less than half the size of Marcell Powder for double the price (and I found the MAC powder made me really greasy halfway through the day)! Its really a no brainer here gals!

I accidently picked up the "Medium" one but its translucent so it still works as a setting powder without changing the colour of my foundation, tinted moisturizer, and BB cream. A little goes a long way with this product...I just turn it upside down, tap it lightly with my finger and it gives me the perfect amount.I put a light dusting all over my face with a kubuki or fluffy powder brush, adding a little more on my t zone and I'm done. After all day my skin is slightly oily but nowhere near what it normally is with all the other powders I have tried. I find this product very long lasting which is very hard to find! The jar is going to last me forever since the 0.28 MAC one lasted me for over a year! So the amount you get for the price is reason enough to go out and get this for yourself! I sit this on top of my makeup table for easy access and it looks great there!

The only single downfall of this is how huge the tub is - it's not travel friendly whatsoever and jar takes up a huge chunk of my makeup bag! With that said, I don't travel often so its not a huge deal for me (but it could be for other people). Maybe you can use an empty loose powder jar that is a smaller size and transfer some of the product into it for easy travel. This downfall doesn't deserve a full lipstick to be taken away so I still give it a 5 out of 5!

I will DEFINITELY repurchase for myself, purchase one for my client makeup kit, and highly recommend this to fellow makeup lovers out there!