September 2, 2014 | 1645 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Micro-Mini Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by geoknox

I got a free sample from sephora and just used it earlier today. My skin feels so soft and fresh afterwards. I really like the idea of the 3 steps (some people on here have said whats the point of the scrub, but I think the scrub is necessary to clear out your pores so the lemon peel can get deeper in there).
I did the 3 steps and then stepped in the shower after I put the mask on and let it stay on for 15 while I was in there. The scrub smells awesome (if you like that sweet almondy scent.. yum!). The lemon peel kinda stings but I was expecting that. And the calming mask was not so calming for me, I still felt the sting of the lemon but I'm okay with that.
Afterwards my face was still stinging a bit and I had awful red marks on my face and neck (like someone slapped me a couple times!). But I normally get some red splotches after a shower. The redness went away after about a half hour.
I think I will buy the kit after using this sample.. It works out to about $10 per use which I think is a bit expensive but I do love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ole Henriksen Peel System is a three step "mini peel". I kind of get confused between the exfoliants and peels since to me they seem to largely fill the same niche. I received this one as a sample originally and managed to milk two treatments out of it. The first step is a cleanser with a physical abrasive in it. It uses almond somethings in it. I'm not a big fan of the large particle exfoliants like this though. I feel like I'm rubbing gravel on my face and I always seem to find particles later in my hair line. This is the only weak point in this system and it's really just my personal preference. The second step is the actual peel. This can sting a bit going on and it freaked me out a little bit but I've gotten used to it over time. The third step is a calming gel. I LOVE this stuff. It quickly takes any sting out of the peel but lets it keep working. It does a fabulous job of calming my skin down and leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.

I felt like I had new skin the first time I used this system so I took the plunge and bought it. It's definitely not a drugstore product as evidenced by the price tag. One of those odd perks is that the system comes with two compressed sponges. I use the sponge daily for rinsing off cleansers and other products. I never knew I was missing such a tool until I had one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this on sale at Sephora, the kit in the .5 oz size- the price was right. This is a three-step regimen that includes a physical scrub, an acid peel and a calming mask. I was skeptical at first because I use REN and I have been very satisfied with it. But to tell the truth, this power peel works quite effectively and my skin was noticeably smoother and more refined the next day. My pore size was not reduced, but I was not expecting miracles. I would repurchase this, although it is worth noting that the acid peel and calming mask are significantly more effective than the physical scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best facial treatment or mask that I've used. It improves my skin instantly and also in the long term, which I haven't found in many facial treatments. I have normal skin that isn't sensitive, and the lemon peel definitely tingles when first applied, but the feeling subsides. This treatment works really well for congested pores and blackheads, skin dullness, and hyperpigmentation. After one use my skin looked significantly brighter and more even and clogged pores were cleared out. My skin also continued to improve the few days after applying the treatment. With repeated use, I noticed the redness on certain areas of my face was reduced, and my blackheads remained shrunken. Power Peel is really amazing--I've never used another treatment that improves my skin so drastically. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by a87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! Makes your skin bright and glowing did have a bit of stinging with the lemon strip but it didnt last long. I had no redness. I really saw a difference on my skin with the first use, i highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with this peel. I previously owned the large size of the lemon flash peel and went through the whole jar, I was planning on buying a new jar but decided to give this a try instead. I see much better results with the power peel three-step process than with the lemon peel alone. I am very happy with the product! To test it, buy the three step packets for $16 and you can usually get at least two uses out of each pack. I do it once a week and my skin has never looked better.

Edit: this is a fabulous peel but I do not suggest using this with retin-a.. they react!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive tried A LOT of peels and masks... and this one is the best!!! I have very sensitive skin prone to redness and acne. The lemon (step2) did sting a little and my face had a few red patches after.. but they went away after an hour. This power peel left my skin so soft & glowing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me first off start by saying that I love chemical peels. I have tried many diff types as well! Ole Hendrickson actually uses this peel in his spa. It shows ! It's amazing!! The almond polish (the first step) smells like candy and doesn't feel rough on the face! The lemon flash peel is the second and the chamomile soothing mask goes on right over it! Let me tell you yours that once I was done my face was legit glowing!!!! Like I went to a real spa n had an expensive peel. I have never received these results with anything other peel! Great product and the packaging is fab for travel and sanitary purposes! I def suggest it ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i have this on my face as i type this review. i loove it! its a great at home peel. i have mild acne and combo skin and i have no burning or bad stinging with the lemon strip. the almond polish is awesome and it gives me clear glowing skin! what more could a girl want. the only downside is that its pretty expensive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ole Henriksen never ceases to amaze me in his deliverance of products. He keeps his line cruelty-free (very important to me) and his products stay in his line (which also tells me that they are successful). Some companies products are always coming and going with new formulations or you just begin to like a product and suddenly it's no longer available. Not so with Ole. He makes a product and stands behind it. That's dependable in a company.
When I purchased this over the holidays, the Micro-Mini Peel came in a set of three jars along with two sponges and a scooper. I love the complexion sponges and have been using them not only for the peel but also for other uses in my skincare routine. His sponges are just the right texture. The jars in my kit are easy to use with the scoop provided, in other words, you can take out what you need with the scoop in a sanitary manner and keep the jar clean. As I do all my other skincare products, I keep them in the refrigerator.
The first step is exfoliation with the almond polish. I set the stopwatch on my phone so I know how long I will be exfoliating. He suggests 1-2 minutes, then a rinse with warm water. I've never gone over 3 minutes with the polish. A slight redness with the scrub will occur, and that's a good thing, because it tells you you're exfoliating your skin.I used the complexion sponge to remove all traces of the almond polish then rinsed my face with warm water. My skin was barely pink and looked refreshed.
Step two is the lemon strip. Since I had it in the refrigerator, it was cold going on. It felt delightful and didn't sting. I put it on in as equal a portion as I could around my face and neck. I did notice my neck was more sensitive than my face, tho. He does tell you you can use the lemon strip under your eyes, and I did. I was hesitant to do so, knowing the skin under your eyes is most delicate, but I had no problems whatsoever afterwards. Instructions tell you to wait three minutes before the next step. Again, I set the stopwatch so I knew the exact timing. I could feel a slight tingling, but not a burning per se that would make me want to wash my face immediately. I waited only 3 minutes until the next step.
Step three is the chamomile comfort. This is designed to cool down and relax the effects of the lemon strip. Again, the timer was set and I used the scoop to layer the chamomile paste on top of the lemon peel gel. I could feel a cooling effect that seemed to neutralize my face immediately. Any burning, any tingling that I was feeling was now gone and a soothing effect had taken over in its place. You don't have to heavily layer the chamomile on, just lightly layer it on top of the lemon peel. He suggests 15 minutes but I've left it on over 20 minutes without any problems, whatsoever. At this point, again with the complexion sponge, I began to remove the lemon peel and the chamomile comfort. The sponge seems to work excellently in this process. I have cosmetic brushes for washing my face and muslin cloths too but his complexion sponges are really great tools. I've seen them sold separately on his site. I rinse well with warm water and pat dry. The first time I was hooked. I do all kinds of scrubs/masks/treatments for my face. But this one? Definitely a must. This is something you could go to the spa for at a much higher price and now you can do it at home. Pamper yourself at a fraction of the cost. But the results are what's really important. My skin was baby smooth. Delightfully smooth. My fine lines were reduced. My skin was not tight nor was it dry. It just felt good to the touch. It looked good too. After most treatments, your skin is ready for hydration, and that's understandable, but with the Micro-Mini Peel, your skin actually looks and feels good right afterwards. Of course, you're going to want to hydrate and follow with your normal skin routine. But enjoy what the results are first. Touch your skin and be amazed. Because it works. It supposed to emulate a microdermabrasion and peel service, treat and reduce wrinkles, smooth skin texture, reverse hyperpigmentation and reverse sun damage. I use it about every other week. My skin looks good. No question there. I especially enjoy using his fruitier smelling products afterwards to give myself more of a spa-like treat. Very relaxing!

almond polish:
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: Water (Aqua/Eau), Honey, Calcium Carbonate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Titanium Dioxide, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Prunus Amygdalus Amara (Bitter Almond) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Benzaldehyde, Vanillin.
lemon strip:
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: Water (Aqua/Eau), Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Carrageenan, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Oleth 20, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum).
chamomile comfort:
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: Water (Aqua/Eau), Kaolin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bisabolol,

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No