Ole Henriksen Micro-Mini Peel

4.2

I received 3 samples from Sephora and have used 2 so far.

I like the Almond Scrub - I like the smell.

The lemon peel stings!!!!!!!!

The calming chamomile mask on top of the lemon peel still stings a bit. But I like the mask.

My skin afterwards is amazingly soft - and I have very, very dry skin, so the results are impressive - and it stays soft for a couple of days. But I don't feel good about the stinging and I look like I have a bit of a sunburn afterwards. I have never had a chemical peel though, so I don't know if the stinging and redness are just part of the deal. But when it happens in my own bathroom, it feels like a gimmicky cheap product.

I also agree with another reviewer who mentioned the length of time it takes to do this.

I may try the third sample I have left and see what happens if I skip the lemon peel.

I didn't pay for this so I'm not out of pocket, but I won't buy this.

This peel is not worth the price. Step 1 is just a 70's style, large grained, rough almond scrub that irritated my skin. The second step is an okay peel, and I'm not sure if the mask really did anything. There are much more powerful, high quality products available for the same price or close to it, from Ren, Philosophy,and Peter Thomas Roth. They take much less time to do, are less wasteful with the packaging, and the results are superior.

I got a free sample from sephora and just used it earlier today. My skin feels so soft and fresh afterwards. I really like the idea of the 3 steps (some people on here have said whats the point of the scrub, but I think the scrub is necessary to clear out your pores so the lemon peel can get deeper in there).
I did the 3 steps and then stepped in the shower after I put the mask on and let it stay on for 15 while I was in there. The scrub smells awesome (if you like that sweet almondy scent.. yum!). The lemon peel kinda stings but I was expecting that. And the calming mask was not so calming for me, I still felt the sting of the lemon but I'm okay with that.
Afterwards my face was still stinging a bit and I had awful red marks on my face and neck (like someone slapped me a couple times!). But I normally get some red splotches after a shower. The redness went away after about a half hour.
I think I will buy the kit after using this sample.. It works out to about $10 per use which I think is a bit expensive but I do love the results.

Ole Henriksen Peel System is a three step "mini peel". I kind of get confused between the exfoliants and peels since to me they seem to largely fill the same niche. I received this one as a sample originally and managed to milk two treatments out of it. The first step is a cleanser with a physical abrasive in it. It uses almond somethings in it. I'm not a big fan of the large particle exfoliants like this though. I feel like I'm rubbing gravel on my face and I always seem to find particles later in my hair line. This is the only weak point in this system and it's really just my personal preference. The second step is the actual peel. This can sting a bit going on and it freaked me out a little bit but I've gotten used to it over time. The third step is a calming gel. I LOVE this stuff. It quickly takes any sting out of the peel but lets it keep working. It does a fabulous job of calming my skin down and leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.

I felt like I had new skin the first time I used this system so I took the plunge and bought it. It's definitely not a drugstore product as evidenced by the price tag. One of those odd perks is that the system comes with two compressed sponges. I use the sponge daily for rinsing off cleansers and other products. I never knew I was missing such a tool until I had one!

I got this on sale at Sephora, the kit in the .5 oz size- the price was right. This is a three-step regimen that includes a physical scrub, an acid peel and a calming mask. I was skeptical at first because I use REN and I have been very satisfied with it. But to tell the truth, this power peel works quite effectively and my skin was noticeably smoother and more refined the next day. My pore size was not reduced, but I was not expecting miracles. I would repurchase this, although it is worth noting that the acid peel and calming mask are significantly more effective than the physical scrub

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best facial treatment or mask that I've used. It improves my skin instantly and also in the long term, which I haven't found in many facial treatments. I have normal skin that isn't sensitive, and the lemon peel definitely tingles when first applied, but the feeling subsides. This treatment works really well for congested pores and blackheads, skin dullness, and hyperpigmentation. After one use my skin looked significantly brighter and more even and clogged pores were cleared out. My skin also continued to improve the few days after applying the treatment. With repeated use, I noticed the redness on certain areas of my face was reduced, and my blackheads remained shrunken. Power Peel is really amazing--I've never used another treatment that improves my skin so drastically. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Makes your skin bright and glowing did have a bit of stinging with the lemon strip but it didnt last long. I had no redness. I really saw a difference on my skin with the first use, i highly recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this peel. I previously owned the large size of the lemon flash peel and went through the whole jar, I was planning on buying a new jar but decided to give this a try instead. I see much better results with the power peel three-step process than with the lemon peel alone. I am very happy with the product! To test it, buy the three step packets for $16 and you can usually get at least two uses out of each pack. I do it once a week and my skin has never looked better.

Edit: this is a fabulous peel but I do not suggest using this with retin-a.. they react!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ive tried A LOT of peels and masks... and this one is the best!!! I have very sensitive skin prone to redness and acne. The lemon (step2) did sting a little and my face had a few red patches after.. but they went away after an hour. This power peel left my skin so soft & glowing :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Let me first off start by saying that I love chemical peels. I have tried many diff types as well! Ole Hendrickson actually uses this peel in his spa. It shows ! It's amazing!! The almond polish (the first step) smells like candy and doesn't feel rough on the face! The lemon flash peel is the second and the chamomile soothing mask goes on right over it! Let me tell you yours that once I was done my face was legit glowing!!!! Like I went to a real spa n had an expensive peel. I have never received these results with anything other peel! Great product and the packaging is fab for travel and sanitary purposes! I def suggest it ;)