July 23, 2014 | 1517 users online

Pressed Powders - Make Up For Ever - Compact Shine On

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by DahliaLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this and find it is not necessarily what I thought. It to me does not seem the slightest bit irredescent or glowy. It appears to be a very silky and lightweight face powder or powder concealer....different colors to correct different problems. Actually rather than glowy it appears almost ashy. It does give a very perfect finish to the skin - undeniably so. BUT it almost looks a little ashy in the process. I will give it a chance to work though and to get used to it moreso. BUT there is no glow and no shimmer effect at all. I guess people say it is glowy in that it perfects the skin but to me glowy implies a little shimmer or light effect which this does not have. It is rather opaque considering how very lightweight the powder is. If I bought again I would try a different color - likely beige. I really don't think I could recommend this powder - it seems to be represented as being something opposite of what it is. To me it seems to be just a thin,, silky skin corrector/finishing powder - no shimmer, no irredescence, no glow. .................UPDATED......I've tried the powder a number of times and wanted to update my review. In certain light I now definitely see a very SLIGHT sheen to this product but it really is just a touch of sheen so I think the product really shouldn't be called "shine on." In most lights I don't notice it. It is basically a highlighter/complexion corrector but I tried it all over as well. Still find it just average.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by channy616

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lately I have been obsessed with MAC MSFs in Natural (I wear Light-Medium) for giving me a dewy, perfect-skin kind of finish. I love it so much that it was actually hard for me to put this on and chance not looking as good as I do with my trusty MSF. However, I braced myself and gave it a try. I was instantly massively impressed--like the MSF, no sparkles, no shimmer, no discoball effect, just glowy-looking, perfect skin.
Then, urgently needing to go to the bank to deposit a check, I hopped in my car, only to find that the battery was dead, so, to my chagrin, I had to hoof it two miles each way in the blazing L.A. heat. I was a complete sweatball by the time I made it home, but, as for my makeup, I don't think it's ever looked better. My skin was glowing and radiant, no oxidation, no smearing. Somehow I'd managed to look perfect throughout the ordeal.

Did I mention that the color is also not orange at all? It looks like it's about NW20 or so.

I am definitely working this into my repertoire!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Pecheresse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Brilliant highlighter powder! It's very, very slightly shimmery and has a subtle, natural look once applied, which is exactly the effect I'm looking for. I have it in #4 (pink porcelain) and apply it on my upper cheeks, right above my cheek bones. I sometimes use it over my matte blushes to make them look less "flat". Pricey but you get a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this by accident in one of my favorite cosmetic stores, I was gonna get Benefit's Dandelion or Georgia because my friends were raving about them and how they make the complexion glow, but then this caught my eye and it was on some crazy discount so I decided to give it a try...and I'm SO glad I did, because it works way better than the other two, makes my face glow and look healthy and rested even on the worst of days when I'm running on 3 hours of sleep! It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, and it stays on. I'm definitely going back to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Usually, powder highlighters make me look disco ball-esque. This just makes me look like I'm lit from within. You can get a little overboard on this and look kind of creepy lol. I apply this over my cheekbones, blending into my brow bone, then in a C shape over my temples and up onto the edges of my forehead. I use a little bit down the bridge of my nose, and I'm good to go. This doesn't get cakey at all, doesn't look like I've dumped glitter all over my face. And lasts and lasts. I've had my compact for well over a year, and I've only made a small dent in the product, and that's using it every single day. I don't go without this. Even if I'm just wearing concealer, if I don't have this on, I feel naked. Go buy this! I promise you'll love it. I want to get a darker one for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I was looking for a powder to set my makeup with but I don't like the matte look. This looked like a good option so I headed to my closest Sephora, a 45min drive. They didn't have it! While I was there I tried a few different powders, NARS,TheBalm,MUFE Matte, and Cargo. All of them made my face feel dry and tight, except the MUFE Matte. Disappointed I went home and just ordered the Shine On in #3 and crossed my fingers. I am glad I didn't go with something else. I Love this. It is not really shiny, more glowy, and it dose not make my face feel dry. I use this whenever I put on makeup to set my foundation. I never look like a disco ball. I would totally buy this again, in fact I am thinking of buying this in the darker color to add some light color to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by neoroxy

unbelieveable. Glimmer/shimmer/glow quality is the highest I've ever found in a shimmering glow pressed powder, or... anything for that matter. I have the darkest shade and use it to bronze or highlight. It's cannot be compared to. 100% BEST EVER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I think Make Up For Ever did a slight disservice to this product by naming it "Shine On." While the loose powder version of it is in fact very glittery, the compact version is really not shimmery at ALL. It's more like a complexion perfecter.

I got #5, which I apply all over my face for an overall healthy glow. Its description on the MUFE website describes it as something that sets makeup and mixes well with MUFE's super matte powder, and I found both claims to be quite accurate. It wears well throughout the day, keeping me oil-free while counteracting the whole deathly matte problem without breaking me out (which is no small feat for my sensitive, break-out prone skin) -- in short, the holy grail for those who want their skin to look healthy while keeping oil at bay.

I apply this after foundation and it makes any other type of skin color optional -- as it gives me a really healthy looking flush, I often forego blush and/or bronzer. The applicator it comes with is a typical powder sponge (which, due to great packaging typical of MUFE, fits easily and securely beneath the powder itself); at first, I was somewhat uneasy about getting the heavier application of putting on powder with a sponge rather than a brush, but it really goes on smoothly, evenly, and without looking cakey. Sometimes I will even go over my entire face with this stuff twice, because it looks so pretty! This powder also does a great job of minimizing blemishes.

This product really simplified my daily makeup routine and improved the look and texture of my skin. Highly recommended. Thanks, MUFE!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by goldenbands

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jojoba, you foul temptress!! Do you have any idea how many products I've tried just because of your recommendations? Love this. #5 was glowy, but not greasy (as MAC MSFs tend to look after awhile). Try it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Make Up For Ever Compact Shine On
Rp 285.000
28 gThis slightly iridescent and pearly multipurpose loose powder illuminates the face and body thanks to the fine mother-of-pearl particles it contains. Shine On Powder is especially useful for making tanned skin look great and accentuating the healthy appearance of fair skin. Shine On Powder provides a healthy look in the daytime and a touch of glamour in the evening.

This pressed shimmer powder feels lusciously smooth and has a beautifully even application. The level of shine is very subtle and fine. All of the shades are gorgeous and versatile;
#3 flesh (soft ivory beige)
#4 pink porcelaine (pink pearl)
#5 amber (light tan)
and it not only blends well with skin but also doesn’t flake. This is highly recommended for day or evening makeup, or to highlight specific features. ♥ continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No