October 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Moist Lip Wear Retro Red 308B

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

Retro Red FLOORED me when I tried it on for the first time. Itís so pigmented that it covers my lips with one pass, and it applies so easily that I donít need liner--and, whatís more, I havenít noticed it bleeding on me. It lasts for a long time and scarcely fades, but when it does fade, it fades evenly, while feeling moist and non-drying on my lips. Its only drawbacks are its plasticky scent and finicky packaging. I donít know if Retro Red is a dupe for Russian Red. I donít expect Iíll ever know, because I will keep buying this classic red lippie for as long as itís in production. I broke a no-buy for this product. But, NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear products cost, what, two dollars Canadian apiece? hashtag worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Artoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The perfect red for warm skintones. This is THE red lipstick for me--I was going to buy MAC Ruby Woo, but after rediscovering Retro Red I realized I really don't need Ruby Woo--this $1 drugstore lippie is creamy, pigmented, applies easily from the bullet or with a brush, doesn't bleed and wears down elegantly if I decide I don't feel like maintaining a red lip throughout the day. I can make it matte by dusting some transluscent powder over it. I can't really ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Do you have warm undertones and have difficulty finding the right red lipstick? If so try this lipstick out. This is my go to red lipstick. And best of all it cost only $1 and it does not have any cheap plastic scent to it. Mine is unscented. This is also moisturizing and feels comfortable on the lips, not heavy at all and when it wears off, it leaves a nice reddish stain on my lips as shown in picture at the end of my video.

Retro red is the perfect shade of red for me. I am Asian and have warm undertones. It is hard to find an affordable red lipstick since most are blue tone which usually looks flattering on cool undertones.
You can find this at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this red, but the colour is unnatural and appears orange against my skin tone. My b/f burst out laughing when he saw me wearing it and said that it looked awful, and I had to agree with him and switched to a more pink-leaning lippy. Otherwise, the formula is great and it has good staying power. Dislike the packaging, as it's difficult to recap without damaging the product. I'd highly recommend this IF it goes with your skin tone :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

loooooove this lipstick. the color is timeless. it's super matte but not drying. it does tend to bleed a little due to the creaminess but using a lipliner should help. transfers quite a bit but that's to be expected with such a pigmented product. on the plus side, even with transfer there's a lot of pigment left on the lips so it lasts fairly long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I'm going to start off by saying that the packaging is not the most luxurious thing in the world, but what can you expect from a $2 lipstick?
Besides that minor complaint, the colour is beautiful! It's a bright pin-up girl red that I think would look fantastic on almost anyone.
The formula is very moisturizing without being greasy. After a few hours, the colour does fade. (It just isn't really vibrant anymore, but I think that goes for all lip colours. Reapplying every now and then isn't a tough thing to do)
What I'm most impressed with though is that the lipstick doesn't apply splotchy, and it's such an inexpensive product.
I will definitely buy this again if I ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Eightysix

For $0.99, what more could you ask for? The shade is definitely a retro pin-up style red and flattering on my blemished slightly olive slightly yellow complexion. Stays put after a light meal, but we'll have to see over the course of a whole workday. Goes on smooth and intense. Slightly drying, but a coat of lip balm pre-application takes care of that. I didn't quite like the taste, but it's very mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite red lipstick! It is hydrating and complements my pale skin very well. It made my teeth pop and look white, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Katniss2000527mano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually buy Chanel lipsticks. But this has an amazing colour, a nice bright red shade that will look gorgeous on anyone. I have a natural light tan and this doesn't look bad on me. I bought this at shoppers drug Mart for about $2.66 (CDN) The packaging Is nice, It applies nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I love love love this color! The formula is rich and pigmented, and the color's simply gorgeous. This color would work for any skin tone, and any lip shape!

I bought this one for $2 roughly at Target, and I completely fell in love with it!

Only cons are that you have to be really careful to close the cap, because the stick doesn't twist down allll the way, and I broke one and had to buy another one....... Also, lining your lips does miracles.

5 Lippies! LOVE!