October 25, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Oyin Whipped Shea Pudding

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Gabihime

I have curly hair (3a Botticelli curls) that I wear naturally, and I strongly dislike the smell of traditional hair care products and have since I was a child. When my hair isn't moisturized enough, it frizzes instead of curls, so I have to moisturize it pretty heavily. When I do, I get beautiful smooth and soft curls as opposed to a big ball of frizz.

What I love about this product is how wonderful it feels going on, and what a tremendous job it does keeping my hair moisturized for second day curly hair. I cowash my hair and deep condition it regularly. After a conditioning treatment and a cowash, I applied the whipped pudding to my hair before putting it up in several two strand twists. I let it dry twisted, and when it came down it was beautifully soft and smooth and the curls held fantastically for two whole days, despite the fact that I didn't put any other styling product in my hair at all (I usually use Kinky-Curly's Curling Custard).

This is definitely a winner, and one of the best curly haired products I've tried recently. I love it, and plan to keep it on hand permanently as a staple.

Please do note that the product smells strongly of chocolate. This goes away after a while, but when you're first putting it on, you'll smell like a plate of chocolate chip cookies. This might be a problem for you, but it really wasn't for me.

Also, a great price for a nice hair care product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Oyin Whipped Pudding is amazing (be sure you are getting this product by Oyin- the brand, because others cannot duplicate this greatness). For my natural hair that is sooo dry this winter, this product immediately provides the necessary moisture to my hair without making it overly oily/greasy. It's a very light cream that really rubs right into the skin and the hair quickly. It works well on my skin as well. It has a nice cocoa butter scent to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this product.
its too heavy for my 3b/c hair, but its great as an all over body moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE. BEST. HAIRDRESS. EVER!!

So, I have been on a constant search for my HG daily "hairdress" moisturizer. My 3 favorites have been: Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Styling Cream (excellent but not super moisturizing), Quemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream (excellent but can give TOO much moisture, and sometimes greasy feel), and plain ol shea butter (excellent, but weighs down hair sometimes, myhair can only take so much Glycerine or it will get greasy-wet-spongy). When Oyin had a sale for CyberFriday I went ahead and ordered some of the Honey Hemp Conditioner and the Whipped Pudding. I haven't tried to the conditioner yet.

I love the Whipped Pudding because it is SUPER moisturizing with NO GREASY feel. I don't even understand how that is possible! A little goes a long way and it is so thick and creamy yet melts right into my hair. My hair is 4a, pen spring size coils & poofy/cottony and fine with some 3c in the front and back. My ends are always an issue - they are always coiling around eachother and I take special care to avoid knots. The is GREAT for my ends. I haven't used it on my skin like some others do cuz I don't want to waste it!!

The only thing I don't like is the scent. I mean I don't hate it, because I love the smell of chocolate, but I prefer more fruity or floral fragrances in my hair. So I add a drop or two of Geranium, Lavendar or Ylang Ylang to it before I put it in my hair to drown out the chocolate overload. But it still gets 5 lippies because it is the damn near perfect all purpose hairdress. My dry scalp likes it as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Before i type, go ahead and order you a tub of this stuff right now! lol j/k.
The first time i opened this product i was blown away. It smelled sooo good. Like dessert. Sweet chocolaty goodness..you just don't know. I was like..man it looks like i can eat this stuff with a spoon ontop of some pumpkin pie or something lol. It really does look like whipped pudding or homemade whipped cream. The texture is dense but still fluffy and airy. I've never seen any hair product of this amazing consistency. It's a pleasure to use just for that aspect alone. When you try to emulsify it between two palms, it doesn't feel quite...how do i explain...quite smooth. I mean..it doesn't have lumps in it or anything but it doesn't spread so uniformally as i would like. I hope that helps. You could try though but i doubt you could even try if it is cold inside your house or if your hands are damp. Better to just dab a little wherever you may need it even on dry skin. Adds moisture and protection from the elements. It keeps my hair in great shape! Also, it will leave your hair smelling so good. You don't need much at all, as a little goes a looong way. I highly recommend this product. (I have 3b-3c waist length curls)
UPDATE: As of now..this product is just.........ok. Other than the scent, it's nothing to right home about as far as moisturizing ect. I can only get away with using this product on my ends. It's too heavy for the rest of my hair. It doesn't even really moisturize..kinda just sits there. It doesn't even moisturize my skin? idk. I don't think i will repurchase this again. Smells good though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells so good- like hot cocoa. The consistency is perfect- fluffy but substantial. This is one of the first products I tried from Oyin and I'm officially hooked. I use it to twist my 3C hair up and it works like a dream. Definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the shiznit. It's seriously a "desert island" product. I've used tons of shea butters, but this one takes the cake, and not just because it smells so flippin' amazing! This Whipped Pudding product is so healing to my skin. My skin soaks it up and I am never left with greasy skin after applying. I love that I can apply it *anywhere* on my body. After just three days of using this on elbows, it looked like I went out and bought brand new elbows - they are soft and supple, whereas for the past 20 years before Whipped Pudding, they had been dry and flakey and scaley and hurty. I am such a fan of the fact that I can use this in my hair. I have ultra-dry, curly hair and my hair adores this stuff. Sometimes, I'll apply it dry and sleep on it and use it as a treatment, but most of the time, I just scrunch a tiny bit (the size of a short thumbnail) throughout my hair and it helps moisturize my dry locks and keep my curls curly as opposed to frizzy. I heart this product so much and don't foresee ever wanting to stop using it. I do think it's a tad bit pricey, but when I think about how well it works, it's well worth the expense.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I made my first order from Oyin not too long ago, and I was definitely pleased. The Oyin whipped shea pudding is described on the website as follows:

This rich, dense moisturizing cream is Oyinís first product. Itís a mixture of rich botanical butters & oils like shea butter, cocoa butter, and castor oil; blended with plenty of pure aloe vera gel and spring water for lightness & penetration. The result is superior, rich, penetrating moisture in an all-purpose, head-to-toe product. You may have noticed that itís listed under both hair and body products!

I can't rave about it enough. Naturally I use it on hands and body, but I also use it on my face at night and though it's super-moisturizing, it's not heavy or greasy. I also rub it between my palms and use it on my hair. I have curly hair and do a modified no-shampoo routine, and this stuff doesn't build up and leaves my hair incredibly soft.

I only got the 2 oz. size in my first order, but next time I'll be ordering a much larger tub. Oh, and the smell (light vanilla-chocolatey) is divine and not overpowering. continued >>