July 28, 2014 | 1158 users online

Scrubs - Naturderm - EpidermxII

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I took a chance ordering this as I live in the UK, but I definitely don't regret it!
My face feels like velvet after I use it. It wasn't that expensive to ship either which is a bonus. It is fading my red marks and even seems to be helping some of my shallow intends.
It also didn't break out me out and I have MUCH less clogged pores since I started using it. I love it! It has also really improved the overall complexion of my skin.
I've used it for almost 2 months now, about 2-3 times a week and I still have lots left.
Will be repurchasing when I run out! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cwelsh12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome. I bought this along with Silkia Camellia Oil from Goldport Beauty and I am so surprised at the results! I never go online to review anything but I always read the reviews of others and this stuff really does work. I work as a hair model and I have developed stubborn horizontal lines across my forehead that I was becoming very self conscious about. I even went to see a doctor about getting Botox because nothing else was working. And the kicker - I'm only 25! I've only been using this product for 5 days but already the lines are fading away. I had low expectations - but I looked in the mirror yesterday and literally laughed because I couldn't believe the difference.

Oh and the jar lasts forever (or it should..) because you only need an tiny little amount for your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Ivanttobealone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This dermabrasion creme is wonderful! I use it once or twice a day depending on how flakey my skin is, which, with this product isn't very flakey. Sometimes it's worse around my nose. But once you find the balance for your own skin it leaves your face feeling like a baby's skin. It makes me look years younger and my makeup just glides on effortlessly after I use it. There are no silicones in it to clog your pores either as there are in other home dermabrasion products. It makes use of my skin's own natural processes to be the best it can be. It's a little pricey but worth every penny. I get it at goldportbeauty.com. I finally found my HG for exfoliation.

Update: I forgot to add that I have rosacea - this process has evened my skin tone out wonderfully!!

Update 2: stopped using altogether. Cold cream, over time, does even better (see my other review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by miranets

Much better than the predecessor Epidermx, which left a greasy sheen on the skin and had to be cleansed off separately unless you have dry skin.

The abrasive granules are well spread so its polishing effects are gentle. The texture is nice and the surprisingly oil rich base leaves the skin cleansed without a film.

The packaging is clumsy and heavy, I dropped it on the bathroom tiles and half of the product was wasted because the porcelain shards mixed into the scrub. The quantity is minute, and for people who need to use this more than once a week and need something with more oomph it will not go far. I have thin skin which is very accustomed to rough scrubs and I have fast skin turnover which means I need more sloughing action, I actually have to use this on moistened (not wet) skin to create enough friction, otherwise I have to use A LOT if I use in the shower. Overall, a well formulated product but something needs to be done about the packaging and quantity of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by virgy123

EpidermxII has become my HG that I can't be without. I'm 42 years old, very oily skin with enlarged pores and have been using this since Dec. 2006. It's made a huge difference with my skin in reducing the appearance of pores and fading old scars.

The packaging is beautiful! One oz. comes in a porcelain jar that can easily be reused for something else. The scent is lovely, slight coconut as the previous poster mentioned. It's texture is very fine and for my fairly resistant skin, gentle enough for everyday use. I scrub all over my face and neck for approx. 1 minute once a day.

Before I tried EpII, I tried Ponds home microdermabrasion, but that stuff made my face break out and I relagated Ponds to use on my elbows. I can't afford facials, so any product I can use at home to obtain the same results as visiting a professional is a huge plus for me.

Let's see, each jar lasts me between 1.5 to 2 months, incredible since I use it everyday but I don't use much. This has become a permanent part of my skincare routine and I have since introduced it to my sister in law, mom and 3 neices.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I bought a sample package called "The Stretch Mark - Basics Tester Package" which includes a 5mL pot of EpidermxII and a 4mL sample of Chrysalyx from greatnewskin.com. The price was 10.50 USD, which is fairly reasonable, though the shipping always gets you in the end. There was a lot of buzz about Naturderm products on the essentialdayspa.com message boards, especially about this microdermabrasion item. I decided to test it before dropping a bunch of cash on yet another beauty item.

The EpidermxII smells faintly of coconut, in a good way (I usually despise the scent). It's a very fine-grained microdermabrasion scrub, supposedly gentler than most due to the kinds of particles they use. I'm not sure, since it still feels the same as others I've tried (L'Oreal and Neutrogena). I don't think I would repurchase this. I used up my sample without noticing much of an improvement in my skin, which is combination, but tend to dryness and flakes in the winter. I'd also suffered from a severe breakout in January, which left lots of lovely post-acne marks all over my face. I was hoping the scrub would help fade these a little (I'm not super optimistic when it comes to skincare products, especially ones with glowing testimonials). I think I'm better off with chemical exfoliants like my Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle, my I Feel Pretty BHA/AHA serum and Avene Diacneal, used in conjunction with my Clarisonic face brush. Perhaps the EpiII would work better for me if I used it for a couple of months, but I don't feel like spending $25 + shipping for a full-sized jar in order to test that theory.

I did really like the Chrysalyx (moisturizer/peptide treatment) that was in the sample pack, though. It smells deliciously like oranges and has a lovely, light texture, yet feels really hydrating. Leaves skin feeling really soft and smooth. I might repurchase the Chrysalyx, but not the EpiII.