September 16, 2014 | 2078 users online

Shampoo - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

When i first went curly, the DevaCurl products were amongst the first that I tried. All that I can say that if you have very dry, naturally curly hair (and especially if your Black or mixed with Black (like I am), i definitely recommend goung with another line. The DevaCurl line of products made my hair drier than before I actually started using them. Plus, I didn't find them to be really curl defining either. They eventually made my curls begin to feel like straw. And, this cleanser happens to one of the reasons why. It doesn't have a pleasing smell, is like using lotion to cleanse your hair, and has 0 moisturizing qualities to it all. It was a total fail for my curls!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wolfas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked how this cleanser worked, left my hair feeling clean without being stripped. Tamed my curls pretty well using Devacurl One-Condition after No-Poo. The only complaint I has is that it doesn't smell that great, kind of chemically. I do have a sensitivity to smells and this one can give me a headache from time to time, but I still use the product, just disguise the smell by using a touch of another better smelling product to mask it. II have wavy- to loose spiral-ish crazy curls that are very prone to frizziness and breakage. This product has worked better than most all of the others I've tried....and I've tried A LOT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by beckym127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have wavy, medium hair. I used this bc it's gentle on the hair and is also good with damaged hair. I have had my hair colored and bleached more than the reg. DevaCurl makes my hair feel healthy and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would give this all fives, but I only had a sample enough for one use. I have very long hair. I did really enjoy the sample. Felt great. Tamed curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Migs007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the BEST! I thought with all the moisturizing that it would weigh my fine, wavy/curly (I am between s-wavy and botticelli, as they describe). I blow my hair out almost dry and then twist it to get rid of frizz, it's smooth with zero frizz and looks clean on day 2 (I only wash every 4-5 days, bless oscar blandi dry shampoo)! I was previously using more expensive products (Rahua, loved it for a while, but then build up occurred, making my hair look dry- Ojon's super moisturizing I used for ages). But this stuff is amazing and takes the cake! i think the price is great too, half the price of Rahua I love love love the no poo, you immediately notice a difference. I was looking for a product without silicone and without parabens (so my hair feels like, well hair!). I do not use the gel, but probably would use that in humid, climates and on tropical vacaitons. I am using the one conditioner.
Note: This is for the regular no poo, rather than the one with vitamin c for color treated hair. I didn't get that one because they recommended against it for me. Although I color my hair, I have some highlights (blending the grey in my brunette hair) and I am more ash (which I like), the vitamin C/color treated formula they recommended against because it can make the yellowy/ash highlights get orangey- I hate warm highlights on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love this shampoo (and conditioner). It has saved my naturally brittle hair (also highlighted) from repeatedly breaking off when I sleep. I rarely blow dry or heat style my, and it would still get "crispy". I have used Pureology, Joico, Tigi, Neuma...you name it I've tried it and this has helped keep my moisture level high which make my hair softer, and shinier!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It is like other no-poo routines I have done. There is no lather, and your hair does not feel "clean" (read: stripped). I do find it a bit overpriced, but if you want no-poo and can't or don't want to make your own stuff, this works well as well, and it smells good.

However, you MUST give it two weeks. For a week or two, your hair will feel greasy and heavy because your scalp is overproducing sebum (oil) to compensate for the stripping action of regular shampoo. Once your scalp realizes that you aren't stripping it anymore, it will drastically reduce sebum production and your hair will feel normal and probably healthier and richer than before, but it will never feel the same as with regular shampoo.

A huge pro is that once you are accustomed to this, you can wash your hair less frequently, saving time, money and water.

I just wish they were clearer about this on the bottle. A lot of people will expect it to work like regular shampoo and thing it's a crappy product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by brwneyd_gurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin, but I haven't had an acne problem for decades. Deva no poo has my face, scalp, and body a mess. I finally went to a doctor and was diagnosed with acne rosacea, so 'unique looking of a case' that he asked to take pictures of my face. Something in this product does not agree with me. The only other thing that has ever made me break out since adulthood is Philosophy products. I'd say be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin.
Also, I have more hair loss when I use this in combination with other Deva products. Over time, my hair actually seems dull.
The smell is great and I loved this product at first.