DevaCurl No Poo

3.4

on 1/25/2015 9:38:00 AM

I have "Botticelli" curls, medium length and super highlighted. My hair tends to go very dry ( par for the course with curls ) and I used to have to wash every day to tame. I spent years hating my curls, straightening them with an iron fist ( lol ) until I finally found a great cut and this poo.

At first its really hard to get used to the no lather, and having to super rinse, but my hair now has the most beautifully defined curls that have people actually stop me to talk about. I follow with the one conditioner, don't rinse that completely out, then scrunch towel dry with a microfiber cloth. The way this does for my unruly hair, I will NEVER switch, who would end a perfect love affair?

Side note, once a month I use the AG silver shampoo to 'shock' and tame down brassiness, though the no poo has never left me overly brassy like other curl shampoos ( cough cough Ouidad cough )

There are great 'how to' vids for this line on youtube to boot :)

on 12/26/2014 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. It does take some adjusting, but now that I'm used to it, would never go back. My hair can easily go three days between washes, and that has never been the case before. It does take quite a bit more product than other salon brands, but because I can go longer between washes, I feel it balances out.

I have wavy hair, and use this along with One Condition and Ultra Defining Gel

on 12/17/2014 12:03:00 PM

I'm not sure what these other reviewers are talking about. This stuff ROCKS!!!! I have combination hair (curly and thinner on top/front and stick straight and thick in the back/underneath). Most shampoos screw with my hair, making part of it dry and the other just fine (this changes depending on the brand).

DevaCurl No Poo is the only one that turns my combo hair into one fine head of hair that all works together.

I just think people aren't used to shampoo that doesn't get sudsy and perhaps they aren't rinsing it out as well as they should.

on 8/1/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When i first went curly, the DevaCurl products were amongst the first that I tried. All that I can say that if you have very dry, naturally curly hair (and especially if your Black or mixed with Black (like I am), i definitely recommend goung with another line. The DevaCurl line of products made my hair drier than before I actually started using them. Plus, I didn't find them to be really curl defining either. They eventually made my curls begin to feel like straw. And, this cleanser happens to one of the reasons why. It doesn't have a pleasing smell, is like using lotion to cleanse your hair, and has 0 moisturizing qualities to it all. It was a total fail for my curls!

on 8/1/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

on 9/9/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked how this cleanser worked, left my hair feeling clean without being stripped. Tamed my curls pretty well using Devacurl One-Condition after No-Poo. The only complaint I has is that it doesn't smell that great, kind of chemically. I do have a sensitivity to smells and this one can give me a headache from time to time, but I still use the product, just disguise the smell by using a touch of another better smelling product to mask it. II have wavy- to loose spiral-ish crazy curls that are very prone to frizziness and breakage. This product has worked better than most all of the others I've tried....and I've tried A LOT.

on 8/30/2013 12:08:00 AM

I have wavy, medium hair. I used this bc it's gentle on the hair and is also good with damaged hair. I have had my hair colored and bleached more than the reg. DevaCurl makes my hair feel healthy and soft.

on 8/10/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I would give this all fives, but I only had a sample enough for one use. I have very long hair. I did really enjoy the sample. Felt great. Tamed curls.

on 7/19/2013 8:16:00 AM

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

on 5/14/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST! I thought with all the moisturizing that it would weigh my fine, wavy/curly (I am between s-wavy and botticelli, as they describe). I blow my hair out almost dry and then twist it to get rid of frizz, it's smooth with zero frizz and looks clean on day 2 (I only wash every 4-5 days, bless oscar blandi dry shampoo)! I was previously using more expensive products (Rahua, loved it for a while, but then build up occurred, making my hair look dry- Ojon's super moisturizing I used for ages). But this stuff is amazing and takes the cake! i think the price is great too, half the price of Rahua I love love love the no poo, you immediately notice a difference. I was looking for a product without silicone and without parabens (so my hair feels like, well hair!). I do not use the gel, but probably would use that in humid, climates and on tropical vacaitons. I am using the one conditioner.
Note: This is for the regular no poo, rather than the one with vitamin c for color treated hair. I didn't get that one because they recommended against it for me. Although I color my hair, I have some highlights (blending the grey in my brunette hair) and I am more ash (which I like), the vitamin C/color treated formula they recommended against because it can make the yellowy/ash highlights get orangey- I hate warm highlights on me.