October 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Deodorants - Secret - Clinical Strength

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

Note to self: even if the world's leading authority on deodorant recommends one by Secret, avoid it like the plague. I would truly give this negative stars if I could. Why? 1. All of them, even the unscented, have this lingering sour, vomitous "aftersmell." Absolutely nauseating, and I mean all of them have it--completely clean, powder fresh, aloe, etc.. 2. Well, duh, it doesn't work. There's nothing a girl wants to hear more from her husband than, babe, you have B.O. And we're not talking about after I've run a half marathon in 100 degree heat. This is during the course of a regular day with light exertion at most. I'm going to try Certain Dri next. Wish me luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SpanishSmileyFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favourite deodorant to use during the day and I'll tell you why:

THE POSITIVES:
1. No more sweat wetness!! (I sweat excessively) It says that it's 'clinically proven extra-effective wetness protection' and results make it seem pretty true.
2. Loving the 'light and fresh scent'
3. The scent completely masks any body odour while not being too over powering (it covers the bad smell amazingly but it's not over powering like perfume can be)
4. Lasts all day on hot summer days :D
5. A little goes a LONG WAY (you don't need to use the "two clicks of product" the back of the package says because that would be WAY too much. 1 click/turn can last you a very long time!!)
6. Because a little goes a long way, the small packaging size is very convenient because you're getting a lot of product in a smaller container.

THE NEGATIVES:
1. Because 1 click/turn gives you A LOT of product, it's kind of awkward to put a thin layer on your armpits when you're getting over a week's worth of product at a time especially since it's a bit of a cream product.
2. When I pull the cap off, especially now that I'm running out of product, the plastic piece with the swiggly lines (where the product comes out) comes off and I have to put it back on so I can use it.

OVERALL:
I got this as a full size sample that came with these Olay soaps that I love. It has changed my view of deodorants and I'm so happy I got to try them. Definitely will repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm an excessive sweater & this cuts down maybe 75% of the sweating for me. While the directions say to use it at night, which I do, I also use it during the day or else I smell. XD This is the best I've found, Certain Dri is to irritating for me. I recommend avoiding the sports one- it has a manly scent... the kind of scent you expect from a men's deodorant. The invisible solid irritated my arm pits too much, left them red & itchy. I really like the Sensitive unscented version in the smooth solid. I plan to continue purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product! I had tried this in the past and not been a big fan. I decided to retry this product because I am a girl who is seriously sweaty/smelly in the under arm area. They must have reformulated in the past couple of years because this new stuff is amazing! I have the invisible solid in ooh-la-la lavender. The smell is wonderful because I love lavender, and most importantly, this deodorant works for me! It keeps my sweat/smell to a minimum, which is the most I could ever ask of a product. For me, nothing has ever worked better. I like that this is an invisible solid. It goes on dry, unlike others I've tried in the past, and doesn't leave me feeling sticky. This will leave white streaks on your clothes if you aren't careful, but 99% of solids will do that. I would recommend to girls who need a heavy-duty deodorant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BeyonceKnowles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the powder scent of the clinical strength. I bought it once on accident and was disappointed when I noticed because I hate Secret's normal powder scent. The clinical strength powder scent is spicy and a bit floral (maybe carnation?). If I apply only in the morning, it lasts about as well as a regular deodorant. I have to apply at night (as it says to do) for the magic to happen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the lavender scent and I had high hopes for it. I was using Degree motionsense and was noticing that some days I get a bit of BO, it was slight but I thought I'd go ahead and try this to see if it was better. I get alot of wetness with this and my pits even feel kinda sticky...yuck. It's clear that this doesn't work for me and it costs alot more than what I was using. I'm going back to using Degree.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the Clear Gel in Completely Clean. While I absolutely love how this smells so much more than other clinical strength deodorants I have tried, this does not control my wetness as well as other brands. I can feel my underarms getting moist when I wear this, and end up with noticeable sweat marks. For the record, I sweat more than "normal", so for someone who isn't overly wet, this may not be a problem. I love how this comes in a clear gel. It goes on literally invisible, like water, and I haven't noticed any transfer onto clothing. This doesn't deodorize as long on me as other clinical strengths either, but that probably has to with the moisture not being held completely away. I don't stink, by an means, but I can pick up a little funkiness mixed in with the clean scent when I sniff my underarms. This would be a favorite if it worked as a better antiperspirant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Strong but expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by melissalynn3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to write this review because this product has changed my life forever. I've been using this product everyday for 5 years. I used to sweat constantly..even if I was cold. I was constantly buying/wearing clothing that would hide my sweat marks. I now wear whatever colour/style of clothing I want because I never sweat while wearing this product.
The directions say to apply it in the evening before bed.. but I apply it every morning after I shower. If I do shower at nighttime, I also apply it after this as well.
You will not be disappointed in with Secret Clinical Strength; It's truly a life changer!! The "light and fresh scent" is my favourite!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the one for wetness protection. Never have had problems with oder, just sweat a lot. This stuff was on sale and figured I'd try it. The directions say "apply two clicks of product under arms in the morning and at bedtime" Now that is WAY too much product. They just want you to speed through so you buy more. I use one click for both arms. (I dab on my right, use the rest on my left. Then go back to my right.) I use it in the morning and before bed. So far, of everything I've tried this is the only stuff that helps. I find if I miss a day, the wetness returns. So it is a product that calls for "dependency" (best word I can think of), but it manages an embarrassing issue, so well worth it. Retail is a little over $7, which for a antiperspirant/deodorant is a bit expensive for me. So I'm glad I can stretch it and make it last longer. Bottom line, I will repurchase!