Secret Clinical Strength

3.5

Active Ingredient: aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex GLY 20%. Inactive Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, tribehenin, petrolatum, cyclodextrin, c18-36 acid triglyceride, fragrance, ppg-14 butyl ether.

on 5/27/2015 1:40:00 PM

This stuff used to be fine. Never tried the unscented formula; maybe I should have. One of the fruity fragranced ones give me an extremely itchy rash; I now have one dark underarm from the raw skin. Also, it just stopped working; however there is no white transfer with the cream.

on 5/25/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this product! I am not a huge sweater, but my armpits do tend to stink. A lot.

I like the scent of this deodorant, but I have started to realize it's not really controlling my odor.

Also, about 1/2 way through my second tube of this deodorant, I started to get REALLY itchy armpits. No idea why but I need to discontinue it.

on 5/7/2015 7:54:00 PM

So far, my HG deodorant. I do sweat more than the average female so I need an advanced or clinical strength deodorant. Strayed and tried regular deodorants, which worked ok in the winter and then tried degree clinical strength which didn't work for me so it's back to secret. I still sweat but not as bad. Price is fair I guess. I'd repurchase.

on 5/1/2015 8:32:00 PM

You know...I really wanted to rate this higher. I have a lot of friends that swear by it. If you've read my reviews before, you may know I'm an on-again-off-again Certain Dri user, so I'm well aware that I sweat more than the average person. I DRENCH my shirt after a moderate workout when I use Secret Clinical Strength and while I like the different scents this product is available in, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I guess it's better to smell good while drenched in sweat than to smell terrible while drenched in sweat, but I guess I'd rather just be dry, you know? I've tried pretty much every formulation this product is available in, gel, invisible solid, sport, waterproof...none of them work for me.

I really loved this product at first!It smells like citrus fruit, controls odor and sweat, and you can easily find it at the drugstore. I didn't even feel the need to wear perfume when I applied this, since the smell is so strong. However, after my second tube, it started to make me itch. Not even minor irritation; it caused an allergic reaction. I suppose the overwhelming scent had something to do with this. The formula also comes as a creamy, white solid that stains darker blouses. Badly. I would have loved it if Secret had made this product as a clear solid. As a result, I will not be repurchasing. My new favorite is the Dove Advanced Nourishment Deodorant, which actually smoothed out my skin and lessened bumps caused by shaving. However, I am going to start testing an aluminum-free options, to see if that it the main cause of my normal adverse reactions to regular deo.
Pros: AMAZING scent, controls odor problems
Cons: Irritating, expensive for a drugstore product, and doesn't come in a clear formula. Stains clothes.

on 3/29/2015 5:12:00 PM

I really like the fresh smell and the level of protection this deodorant provides, however it will not wash off with normal soap and takes too long to dry.

on 2/3/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would be so lost if this product were ever discontinued!

As someone who sweats more than most, I've struggled with the embarrassment of excessive perspiration. For years I dealt with it by wearing layers and lots of black. It can be the dead of winter and I still have issues if I'm not wearing the right deodorant, since it's mostly stress-related. When the clinical deodorants hit the market, I was skeptically optimistic.

I first tried Secret Clinical Strength in light and fresh and I've been hooked ever since! It is more expensive than traditional antiperspirants, so I was hoping it was worth the extra cost. And boy is it ever!! The application is different than I'm used to. It is not a stick, but a "smooth solid." So basically, it's like a thick lotion consistency. I used this for a few months with great success before I read the packaging and saw you are supposed to apply this at night! I then switched up when I apply and find it works just as well. I apply 1 click at night before bed and another in the morning after showering. I am beyond pleased, with the exception of a few minor quibbles.

The first time you shower with this on, you will notice its staying power. It is almost like a wax and the water beads off of it. Unfortunately over time, this will also build up on your clothes. I have found if I pre soak my shirts in a little Woolite and warm water and give a light scrub, it comes out alright in the wash. The other unfortunate part is the packaging. I love the look of it and the functionality, unless you're like me (a klutz) and drop it. The first time it happened, the lid was off and it made quite a mess. The second time I dropped it, the lid was on and got all over the inside of the lid. If you plan to travel with this, I suggest keeping the sticker it comes with to keep it all in the tube.

It is expensive but in my opinion well worth it. The fragrance is nice and fresh and the results are just amazing! I will continue to use, even if I have to buy it bootleg off ebay!!

on 10/28/2014 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a huge fan of Secret deodorants in general, and am especially a fan of their Scent Expressions. I purchased Ooh La La Lavender in both the original gel and Clinical Strength gel formulas. Both smelled great and worked effectively as deodorants/antiperspirants. However, paying the extra money for "clinical strength" (approximately $5 for 2.7 oz of the original, approximately $8 for 1.6 oz. clinical strength) is definitely not worth it. There is no noticeable difference n the amount of perspiration from one to the other. I am not a particularly sweaty person, but definitely sweat occasionally in certain situations. If I did not notice a difference, I doubt someone with a legitimate "clinical" perspiration issue will notice one either!

on 10/23/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't find this that much better than a normal anti-perspirant. I didn't sweat less or notice anything significantly different in odor control. I wouldn't purchase this again for that reason. I also am switching to men's deodorant because of the better results and lack of cancer causing chemicals.

on 9/2/2014 5:49:00 PM

Note to self: even if the world's leading authority on deodorant recommends one by Secret, avoid it like the plague. I would truly give this negative stars if I could. Why? 1. All of them, even the unscented, have this lingering sour, vomitous "aftersmell." Absolutely nauseating, and I mean all of them have it--completely clean, powder fresh, aloe, etc.. 2. Well, duh, it doesn't work. There's nothing a girl wants to hear more from her husband than, babe, you have B.O. And we're not talking about after I've run a half marathon in 100 degree heat. This is during the course of a regular day with light exertion at most. I'm going to try Certain Dri next. Wish me luck!