July 24, 2014 | 1479 users online

Deodorants - Secret - Clinical Strength

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the Clear Gel in Completely Clean. While I absolutely love how this smells so much more than other clinical strength deodorants I have tried, this does not control my wetness as well as other brands. I can feel my underarms getting moist when I wear this, and end up with noticeable sweat marks. For the record, I sweat more than "normal", so for someone who isn't overly wet, this may not be a problem. I love how this comes in a clear gel. It goes on literally invisible, like water, and I haven't noticed any transfer onto clothing. This doesn't deodorize as long on me as other clinical strengths either, but that probably has to with the moisture not being held completely away. I don't stink, by an means, but I can pick up a little funkiness mixed in with the clean scent when I sniff my underarms. This would be a favorite if it worked as a better antiperspirant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Strong but expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by melissalynn3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to write this review because this product has changed my life forever. I've been using this product everyday for 5 years. I used to sweat constantly..even if I was cold. I was constantly buying/wearing clothing that would hide my sweat marks. I now wear whatever colour/style of clothing I want because I never sweat while wearing this product.
The directions say to apply it in the evening before bed.. but I apply it every morning after I shower. If I do shower at nighttime, I also apply it after this as well.
You will not be disappointed in with Secret Clinical Strength; It's truly a life changer!! The "light and fresh scent" is my favourite!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the one for wetness protection. Never have had problems with oder, just sweat a lot. This stuff was on sale and figured I'd try it. The directions say "apply two clicks of product under arms in the morning and at bedtime" Now that is WAY too much product. They just want you to speed through so you buy more. I use one click for both arms. (I dab on my right, use the rest on my left. Then go back to my right.) I use it in the morning and before bed. So far, of everything I've tried this is the only stuff that helps. I find if I miss a day, the wetness returns. So it is a product that calls for "dependency" (best word I can think of), but it manages an embarrassing issue, so well worth it. Retail is a little over $7, which for a antiperspirant/deodorant is a bit expensive for me. So I'm glad I can stretch it and make it last longer. Bottom line, I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best antiperspirant (not deodorant, as it contains aluminium zirconium 20%). I used to use Perspirx antiperspirent that is amazing - once applied, lasts for almost a week.. but as you can tell, it was too strong. I also used Secret deodorant before but it didn't do anything, so I was very excited to try Secret Clinical Strength antiperspirent. And I'm glad I did. It works sooo great! I apply it in the morning and even in hot weather (as in Florida) it does an amazing job all day long.
The only problem, it comes out too much, I usually I have to divide it for both underarms and then wipe off the access cream with a tissue.
I sent one to my mom and she loves it too. About $7 is not bad price, lasts a while.
I got Fresh Water Orchid scent but will try unscented next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sweat under my arms.. a lot. I have never had a problem with actual body odor, just pure sweat, like water under my arms that wets my clothing almost instantly and is embarrassing and feels gross too (it doesn't matter if it's winter or summer - I sweat in that area). After years of using Dove invisible solid deodorant (unscented for sensitive skin), I decided to try Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid in Completely Clean in an attempt to control my underarm wetness. The deodorant smells nice - it has a strong fragrance but I like it so it doesn't bother me. It goes on smooth and to my surprise it actually works! It cut down my underarm sweating by about 80% (granted it's winter so it may not be as effective come summer time).

So... why only a 3 lipstick/star rating? This deodorant may cut down sweating, but it does absolutely nothing for body odor.. if anything, I have found that it amplifies it. As I said before, I have never ever had a problem with B.O. - that was until I started using this deodorant. I put it on at night after a shower and by mid day the next day, my underarms may be mostly dry but my armpits stink like a combo of the deodorant fragrance and B.O. It's awful. I have started spraying perfume around that area to mask it because I really don't want to go back to my Dove yet - because the wet pits will return. Either I naturally have a horrible body odor problem and ALL my deodorants over the years (Dove, Suave, Ban, etc..) have completely masked this, or this Secret Clinical Strength is just does a horrific job of dealing with body odor and in some weird way the fragrance and composition enhances it. I am going to go with the latter.

I will not re purchase. This was my first dabble with clinical strength deodorant. After seeing that there can be results (with the wetness), I plan to try a different brand and perhaps try unscented. Hopefully it will cover underarm wetness AND body odor like a deodorant should and doesn't create horrible body odor instead.

UPDATE - it's is now the end of May and much warmer - I have since completely stopped using this deodorant and have taken one lipstick off the rating to make it a 2 star rating now. It still does great things for the wetness issue but it does nothing for body odor and in my case, makes it worse than it ever was. I have never had a BO issue until I started using this deodorant. I take a shower, I put it on at night, I wake up in the morning a little sweaty since it's warmer out and I have BO under my armpits that gets worse as the day goes on. Yuck. I threw the product out and will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This stuff is uber expensive. It works okay, but I find that I still end up sweating profusely.
You only get about half the product you would get from the regular secret deodorant and secret needs to fix the container so you don't end up with too much coming out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall love this stuff! It comes out like a cream and you simply rub it on. It's very effective and leaves me stank-free. Recommend! xx

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by speez33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only deodorant that I use. I buy the sensitive kind because I have had issues with underarm rashes in the past due to the ingredients in other deodorants. No rash and I never have issues with sweating when I use this Secret Clinical Strength deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Straight up: in the summer I sweat like a horse. I live in the South and that's just the way I am and I have come to terms with it. I was wary of this product because it has aluminum in it, and I seem to remember something about some vague link between aluminum and Alzheimer's, but if I were really, truly, severely worried about that I'd quit drinking beer, which I have not done and likely will not do. (I digress.) I tried this product out of curiosity - characteristically for me, because it was on sale and I had a coupon. And I love it. I don't put it on at night; I use it in the morning after showering, at which point many people apply deodorant, and it works very, very well for me.

I started off with the sport version, which is fine, and the stress release version, which is fine too, but I don't care to go to the trouble of matching the fragrance family of my deodorant to that of whatever fragrance whim I have for a specific day because I'm just not that coordinated in the morning, so I've begun to use the unscented. All are excellent. I'm even using it in the winter now because it works, works, works. I remain slightly concerned about aluminum but on the other hand I'd just as soon not stink, and the natural, aluminum-free deodorants I've used just don't cut it one bit.

Check out drugstore versions of this too. They work just as well. Enjoy!