September 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sundial Face Self-Tanning Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

The only reason I won't be buying this again is that it has the same ingredients as the kind for body, which is the same price but a lot bigger. I've used both on my face, and love the formula. It's creamy and even and doesn't streak. The color is as natural as fake gets, but I'm pretty dark anyway, but I just moved to the Midwest and get pale in the winter, so I need this to keep my island tan year-round. It actually smells pretty good and dries quickly. I've tried other brands, including other prods by BBoat and Neutrogena, but this is the most natural-looking and pleasant to use. But you really have to wash you hands fast after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by BelladonnaPop

I LOVE this product, although I hate the packaging. There are two chambers, one moisturizer, one tanner...It says to keep pumping out the lotion until the tanner flows out the second hole. Well, I had emptied the moisturizer half with no luck of getting the tanner to start pumping as well. So I took it apart, and ran the nozzles under warm water...refilled the moisturizer side and it works beautifully! I use it on my face, neck and shoulders and it's a perfect bronze color, and I haven't had breakouts in the 2 weeks I've been using it. Once you figure out the wonky packaging, it's a great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Diamonds

If I were writing a story, my headline for this product would be:
" Nice Product, Bad Packaging" !!!

Seriously. I like the product, I like the fact that it has an added face moisturizer, but the packaging on my bottle gave up only after a few weeks! I can't pump any product out anymore! :( Sad, because the product works well. It has a dual chamber dispenser, one with moisturizer, and one with the tanner. There are two little holes where the product comes out. I am not sure if my product is clogged, or the dispenser isn't working, but nonetheless, I can't get anything out of it!

The product itself is nice! The moisturizer makes the product "goop-less" and not so thick on your face. The product didn't dry so fast on my face, which is another "con" on the list of pros and cons to buy this product, but the color was very believable, and sheer!

Ugh. I am conflicted about this review, because it is a good product, but you have the risk of buying a product with a poorly made dispenser, so take it for what it is worth! If you want to go ahead and get the product you won't be disappointed in the self tanner itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ellediva

OMG!! I have tried SEVERAL self-tanners and this is the ONLY one that has not turned me orange....I am sooooooooo happy I bought this product. At about $12 it is a little pricier than many drug store self tanners,(bought mine at Walgreens) but it is worth it! I love that the color is adjustable. There is no stench or odor, product goes on smoothly and evenly IF you take your time and rub product in carefullly blending as you go, you should have no streaking.....I also noticed that it takes very little time to dry....this product is amazing....finally, i have a nice golden-brown tan, and there not a hint of oompa-loompa orange in sight. Note* I have used this on my face for a week now and have had no breakouts...I have combination, sens. skin. This is my HOLY GRAIL self-tanner!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by stilafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted this product to work! I bought the one for the body and the face. Neither one have streaked or splotched, and they do leave your skin moisturized. However, I have had no color change that I can notice, and I've been using it for a couple of weeks! :( Very disappointing, especially since the products together were around $25.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by black_star_47001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to this when it was first advertised. My mom, sister, and I all have different skin tones. I am very fair whereas my sister and mom are beige to medium complected. This self tanning lotion suited each of our tanning needs. It didn't leave any streaks either! I would definitely buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by straynor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If your looking for a uneven, blotchy tan, this is where you will find it! Also, the container broke continuously, so difficult. It took over a week for my skin to get even again..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few days ago and have only used it once on my face. It is a bottle with two chambers inside- one is the actual self tanner and the other is a priming moisturizer. You can select how dark you want the tan to be by turning a dial on the pump. This dial changes the tanner to moisurizer ratio. It soaked in as quickly as any other moisturizer with no sticky residue. It delivered a believable, non-orange glow. It isn't streaky and it did not smell bad as it developed.So far so good, but the jury is out as to whether it would cause a break out.The label says it is oil free and hypoallergenic, but nowhere does it address being noncomedongenic. Will update the review if my skin takes a turn for the worse.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No