August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rouge Dior - Academy Beige 433

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by nicolew

i, too, picked this up because of the props allure gave it. this lipstick and shade is fantastic. i have decently pigmented lips, and the color is just a perfect neutral - not too pink (like nars dolce vita could be) not too beige to wash me out, and it has the loveliest, elegant shimmer. plus it doesn't dry out my lips. check it out, you won't be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This was ranked in Allure magazine's 2006 Best of Beauty issue as "the best sheer" lippie. In the tube, it is a gorgeous warm beige with golden-peach shimmers to it.

My lips are fairly pink, so this sort of tones them down a little and adds a warmth and glow. It goes on quite sheer, but the texture is amazing - very lightweight and dewy feeling. I hate wearing lipsticks because they can sometimes feel heavy and waxy, but the Rouge Dior line feels like a light gel. I liked the texture so much that I went back and got Pink Suspense. (I haven't tried that one yet, but I will review it when I do.) I did take off a lippie because it's not quite as long-lasting as some of the dryer, heavier lipsticks I've tried (which is to be expected, I guess.)

I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a sheer lippie.

For reference, I am MAC NC25/Stila 30 Watts/Dior 200 with dark hair and eyes. continued >>