September 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Styling Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by altar_keene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm shocked at the bad reviews for this product. Few people are more critical about hair products that I am and I absolutely love this stuff. A few years ago I gave up on styling products and threw out every styling product I had, which was a lot. My hair is medium length and fine. The top layer of my hair is straight, but the under layer is quite curly. I live in FL so my hair was usually a frizzy mess. I wanted it to be sleek and swingy but I was reluctant to use any straightening products for fear it would weigh my fine hair down. I decied to give this product a try and I'm thrilled. My hair is soft and swingy but not weighed down or sticky in the least.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Much to my surprise, this works really well. I had never really used Garnier products before (apart from some kind of mousse) but Wal-Mart had this deal where a ton of the Sleek & Shine products came in this zipper bag for $8 so I got it. My hair is naturally straight and fine but I am prone to getting little frizzies along my hairline and also at the very ends. This stops that from happening. It even kept my hair from getting horribly frizzy in the rain. My only complaint is that the fruity smell is a little too much for me. However, it's not a dealbreaker so I will repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sellofain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty decent product. My hair goes crazy in humid heat and ends up looking nothing like how I styled it in the morning. With this, my hair doesn't get as messed up, but the humidity still gets to it. However, this does make my fried hair look a bit smoother, which I'm thankful for. And since my hair is so fried, it has lost it's weight. So it does add some weight to my hair, which I also like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was nothing but a big clumpy mess that left my hair dirty looking and slimy.It went back to the store.I have long thick hair and I only used about the size of a penny.This stuff was so sticky I couldn't even brush my hair.After styling my hair it left it feeling heavy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very generally a LAZY hairstyler. Oh, I will curl my hair when I have the time (not often) and only make time for very special occasions (date night, family events, ect.), but for the most part I don't have time to blow dry my hair everyday.

I have a TON of long, fine, mostly straight hair that frizzes like you wouldn't believe if left to airdry, which is usually what happens. My friend calls it the "frizzfro". For those of you who read Harry Potter, imagine Hermione Granger hair.

First, apply it to towel-dried hair. Keep it away from the root, concentrating from the middle to the end of the hair length. My scalp gets greasy if I put it near the root. You don't need much product, a bean-sized glob is all you need.

Then you can use Fredderic Fekkai glossing cream near the root (not ON the root for heaven's sake) and at the tips for moisture, and let airdry.

voila, natural, sleek hair with no heat needed. (its better with heat, but can bear without)

please dont put this on dry hair though, it is much to creamy and greasy. use the fekkai glossing cream instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by diggity

This is actually a pretty quality product for a drugstore item. I picked this up and tried it during some of the hottest and most humid days so far this summer. It worked decently (not as good as Nioxin Pure Shine Gel, which is my current fav). But I do like that this product can be used in a few different ways. You can put it on wet or damp hair to prevent frizz while drying. You can use a little on hair before blowdrying or flat ironing. Or you can use it as a finisher on dry hair to tame the frizzies that pop up during the day. It has the classic Garnier smell, which I happen to like. The price is right. This one is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by gembug100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very, very long hair and this cream leaves my hair very soft and makes the waves in my hair pop. It helps control the frizz on the those hot sticky days and thats a plus with someone with very long hair. Love it, love the smell and yes I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

Let me start by saying..

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

LOL ok now on to the relevant stuff:

Pros:

-- Smells great. All of this line's products smell wonderful including thei hair dye as an FYI.
-- Pretty inexpensive considering how little you use and compared to salon brands.
-- Makes hair silky not greasy and NOT sticky or stiff. I HATE HATE HAAAAAAAAAATE havign anything in my hair normally; even hate hair spray. UGH! I like my hair to feel silky and natural and this works wonders.
-- Makes heat styling easier; you can use before or after.
-- Nixs most frizz and flyaways (unless its REALLY humid and even then not bad at all!)
-- Adds shine.

Cons: Yet to find any for the product itself but many stores do not carry it and thats a pain in the behind. I get it at my local shop rite.

I've been using this product for two weeks now? It says NEW on the packaging so not sure if this is a new forumla but I hope they keep this for good!

I have naturally THICK and unruly hair about shoulder length; very wavy and frizzy (think Queen of all Bushwomen LOL) and with the rain NYC and NJ has been having for the past month I was looking FREAKY to say the least! But with this product WOW is all I can say.

I usually blow dry my hair completely dry and then take about a nickel sized amount, rub it between my hands, flip my head over and work it through my hair, back to front, ends to roots and then smooth it down on top. Then I give it a thorough brushing.

Let me tell you it works fantastically. Even with 100% humidity yesterday and on and off storms, my hair still looked really good. I should try and post a picture to show you. Even my husband commented on how well it held up considering the wrath of the elements. It gives a good STRONG hold but still feels soft and silky to the touch. A++ Garnier!

Lets see if this works..this was yesterday before I cut my hair. A little frizzy but I'd been up since 5am and this was after 7pm when I took this pic and in and out of thunderstorms so overall, not bad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I have extremely super naturally curly hair and this products works wonders for me!!!! No more frizzes in the summer at all and I use this in my hair straightening routine as well. So now I can have nice straight hair in the summer and it will not frizz up!!! This stuff is the bomb!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by tamberb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over a year now, and I LOVE IT, haha. I have fine, relatively thick hair that comes down to my waist, and apply this after my shower every time! I usually take about a nickel sized amount, rub it between my hands, flip my head overand work it through my hair, back to front, ends to roots.

Pros:

-- Smells great. I can't stand the scent of most products, but this is amazing. My one friend tried to get his girlfriend to switch to using this so she would smell like me, haha.

-- Relatively inexpensive.

-- Makes hair silky- not greasy.

-- Makes heat styling easier.

-- Nixs most frizz and flyaways.

-- Adds shine.

Cons:

-- ........erm.....still trying to think of something, haha. Really the only thing is that it CAN make your hair a bit waxy-piecy if you apply too much, but then again, any product can do that, so it's a consumer problem, not the product.