April 20, 2014 | 1525 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Shiseido - Sun Protection Eye Cream spf 32

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Tread carefully with this product. I purchased it on a Saturday and used it the same day. Immediately after application I felt a burning sensation that just would not go away. I wasn't at home so I had no where to wash it off but the next morning I woke up with these unsightly flesh tone bumps under both eyes. I returned it and will go back to using my Colorscience Mineral Undereye SPF.....as soon as my eyes recover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bookie101

Okay, the sunscreen element of this product is great. However, I buy it because it tightens and firms the crap out of the skin around my eyes. This is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Violetgreenblue

I apply this around my eyes after Paula's Choice Superantioxident serum. I'm fairly pale so I don't mind the slight white cast, but it really dries out my under eye area -- so much so that I can see fine lines that have never appeared/weren't noticeable before. The sunscreen is also a huge pain to remove unless using an oil make up remover (I use DHC's deep cleansing oil). I was using cetaphil gentle cleanser and avon's moisturizing make up remover before, and felt like I was repeatedly scrubbing my face trying to get this stuff off (which was the last thing I wanted to do around my eye area).

Also, it's not the greatest sunscreen on the market. If the zinc oxide is water-based, it's a fail for UVA. If the zinc oxide is oil-based than it's a pass. So I guess I'm back on the search for a good sunscreen around my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by AROMAA

like it so much.. but moistrizing wise..mmm u probably will need another moistrizer with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After 1 month I got several little milia in the eye area. This has never happened to me before, until I started using this eye cream. I have never tried any other eye creams with sunscreen. The milia didn't go away for 6 months until I started using an alpha hydroxy acid eye cream 2 weeks ago.

I don't know why I had this problem. On a brief perusal of the reviews, no one else has had this issue.

Yes, it burned if it got into my eyes, but no more than any other eye cream I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I love this product. There are so few eye treatments for the delicate eye area on the market, so it's worth the price. It very rarely irritates my eyes ; I've certainly never experienced stinging, and I have very sensitive eyes. If there's something with SPF that can be used on the eye area that is gentler, I don't know about it.
UPDATE 1: While I have experienced slight irritation with this product before, today was one of those days where my left eye got really irritated. I would buy this product again, but now that I'm seeing more eye creams with SPF in them, I'm going to look for better alternatives.
UPDATE 2: I still think this is a great product, and it hasn't irritated my eyes since my last update. While I will use a bit just for the moisture at night on occasion, my one tip is to not put it all around your eyes and then nap or something. I think the cause for my irritation was the product rubbing off on my pillow and getting into my eyes. I still haven't found anything with better sun protection for the eye area.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is average IMO. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. It doesn't irritate my eyes as a lot of products do, but I'm always careful not to get eye creams too close to my lids anyway. It stays in place and doesn't migrate into my eyes during the day as I've found some products do. It's a medium consistency and is white when I put it on so it takes a little blending - I just use the pad of my finger to blend it but it needs more work than other creams I've tried, which is a little annoying. It moisturises well but isn't so heavy that it makes my eyes puffy (a common problem for me). I like that the tube has a tiny opening so it's really hygienic. I always use an eye cream with sun protection for daytime and I love that this contains a high SPF because a lot of sun protection eye creams only have a low SPF. UPDATE: I have made the mistake of getting this too close to my eyes a couple of times on hot days and it's "melted" into my eyes about halfway through the day and it really stings - a lot! Even rinsing my eyes doesn't take away the sting. I've used the tube up now and I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Cristiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to get an eyecream with a decent SPF and I actually like this product quite a lot. I don't have puffiness or fine lines or any other "issues" on my eye area, so I only use eye cream to prevent it from early aging and to protect the delicate skin. And this cream seems to be doing good job at that! Unlike for a lot of other people, it doesn't irritate my skin at all (then again, my skin isn't really sensitive at all).
What I really like about it, is that it comes in a tube instead of a jar. You get a very good amount of it, and this way it's much more hygienic.
I don't really have any complaints about this product, but I wish it was a bit more moisturizing.
Overall, the product clearly doesn't work for everyone but I personally like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I feel that an SPF in a daytime eye cream is a must, so I conducted a search and selected this one based on the positive reviews and the Shiseido brand name, which I have always admired (for skin care). I am very disappointed in this product and cannot understand why some people like it. Although I have not experienced any burning from it, it just isn't moisturizing AT ALL.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AndreaDG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stung my eyes too badly to wear!