December 26, 2014 | 1905 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Kimmacious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a little bit of this over-top my mattifying foundation to make it look a little more natural. I cannot recommend using this over any dewy-type foundations if you have combination to oily skin. With my matte foundation, I only use it on the high points of my face. I do this because 1) it's a little light for my skin and the next shade darker is too dark and 2) because it will make you look like a ghost in flash photography if you put it all over your face; it reflects light like crazy. The product lasts forever though and, if you know you'll use it, is worth the higher-end price tag for that fact alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder. I've tried so many different powders over the years but this is by far my favourite. It sets your make up in place without adding a ton of additional coverage which means you don't get that powdery cake face very easily. It lasts forever, and the packaging is great too, lovely and simple with a decent amount of product. I know MAC is on the dearer side of things but it's worth it. I recently finished up one I had for about 18 months which got used nearly every day, so you get your value. Use a fluffy brush to apply not a puff or sponge for the best result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder to use as an undereye highlight. My skintone normally in MAC is NC 35 but because I faux tan I'm currently an NC 42. Either shade, this powder works beautifully under the eyes. I typically use a highlighter and a lighter concealer then set with this powder. It very light and gives a satin finish. It doesnt look chalky at all. I'm not a fan of harsh highlighting so I blend everything out and this blends without an issue. It melts right into my face powder. I originally bought this to alternate with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light. It's a little starker than Ethereal Light but thats ok because I use less product when using this one or If I just dont pack it on as much as I do I'm sure it can be more sheer.. I find myself reaching for the MSFN a lot. It's a great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ehhhh-- I bought this because there was SO much hype around it. My go to w MAC has always been the studio fix powder bc of my oily and difficult skin.

Anywho I do not like this product for the following reasons:
-light leaves a slight pink cast on my nc15 skin
-does zilch for oil control. I set my foundation primarily to control oil. This fails at that
-realllllllyyy bad at creeping into lines and accentuating bad texture on skin. This is the absolute deal breaker for me. I really don't like how my skin looks in most lighting while wearing this
-I generally don't like that baked dome from baked mineral products bc it's difficult to pick up product without stuff falling around everywhere

So yeah. I'll use this up. I LOVE the mac mineralized loose. Like LOVE it- it makes my skin look gorgeous. But the MSFN isn't a real winner in my book. It's OK at best. And too costly to just be "ok"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I think I have repurchased this product in this shade at least 5 times. It's a great powder for touch ups, setting, adding coverage, being a powder foundation, you name it.

It can get a bit cakey if you don't use with moisture spray. That might be my one complaint.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't say there is anything particularly wrong with this product, it's just that to me all it seems like is just an average pressed powder? Does the job, controls shine ; but then again so do most powders for a fraction of a price of this one! I usually buy drug store brand powders which tend to range from about £4-£7 not £23 like this product. It seems like a silly price to pay when you can save 70% on drug store brands which are the exact same quality. I like the new packaging, convenient compacts mirror and magnetic closure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Laminitis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased the Mac mineralize skinfinish last week and I must say I'm very disappointed . I've been using the Medium
Dark for YEARS. The product itself is fantastic however in pictures you do get a white flash so be careful.
Although I love the product itself MAC have ruined it by changing the packaging!!! It looks horrible and alot of makeup artists have said so too. It looks cheap and tacky. If I were not buying from Mac store I would say it was a fake. I don't understand why they have taken a perfectly good packaged product and ruined it! Now, you must be thinking, what's the big deal? It's only the packaging but wait, there's more... I put this in my make up bag and in 2 days the product (without being used or even opened) leaked into my makeup bag and got onto pretty much everything. Now for those who like to keep there make up bags clean and tidy DON'T BUY this. Even makeup artists, i wouldnt recommend this product. DON'T BUY this. You kits will be covered in it. The product seeps through the bottom. I thought I got a faulty one so I went back to MAC only to find they are all the same!! The icing on the cake is it is a () pound more than the old packaged one. So we are paying more for msf for a poorly designed package. Talk about ripping your customers off. For those who use this product... Please contact MAC and tell them how you feel about the new packaging its the only way we are gonna get the old packaging back. You can email them through their website or contact consumer care number 0800 074 6905 it's (free phone)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a baked powder with minerals which is supposed to give your face a natural looking, matte finish and a light coverage. I got it in the shade Light Plus, but I think it is the wrong shade for me. After a couple of hours the powder turns quite orange, which means it actually oxidizes! I have never experienced powders oxidizing on my skin before. I guess the Plus shade is a little bit more yellow than the regular Light shade, so if I ever will repurchase this I will buy it in Light, not Light Plus.

When it comes to the coverage of it - it provides a really light coverage. It covers a tiny bit, like redness and pigmentation, but not acne, scars, freckles etc. When applied with a dense buffer brush/kabuki brush it covers more than when applied with a regular powder brush. The finish looks really natural when buffed into the skin! Over a full coverage foundation it can look a little bit cakey, but if you're careful and don't apply too much, it will look good. Applied alone over a kind of thick primer (a primer which is supposed to fill/hide pores for instance, they are usually quite thick), it will look as natural as bare skin - but with that tiny bit of coverage!

The staying power is just OK, nothing too great. After only 2-3 hours it's completely gone around my nose, mouth and forehead. After a couple more hours it's gone everywhere else on my face. I reapply it though, but I'm always on the hunt for a powder that lasts for several hours, not only 4-5 hours.... It controls oiliness quite well, but my skin can get EXTREMELY oily, so I'm not surprised over the fact that the powder disappears after only 2 hours when my skin is at its worst. If you got just slightly oily skin, I think this will be good. Since I've got combination skin, my skin often gets really dry too and when my skin is dry I don't use Mineralize Skinfinish - it clings to dry patches like crazy, making my skin look awful.... A good thing though, is that it didn't break me out.

!SHORT SUMMARY!
I probably won't repurchase this since it's not a good powder for my skintype. It only works great when my skin is just slightly oily and a little on the normal side, but that happens rarely. The finish is pretty, it looks natural and feels light on the skin, it doesn't break me out and all that jazz.... But there's nothing more special to it. It doesn't last for too long, turns orange on me and manages to find all the tinytiny dry spots on my skin.... So yeah, guess I won't repurchase it. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, not sure why I didn't review it sooner. I am NW10 and this powder is a neutral light beige color IMO. It is ever so slightly a smidge too dark for me if I get heavy handed, which is the only reason I took 1 lippie off. However, if I use a lighter hand and MAC fix+ it looks really good! I use a velour puff to press the powder over my foundation and then I use a powder brush to lightly buff the excess away. It is expensive for a setting powder, I may try something else if I find something pale enough but you get a lot of product so I would consider buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by maddieziegler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I highly suggest this powder if you wear a lot of full-coverage foundation and you want to give your makeup a more natural looking finish. If you're looking for a face powder with coverage, however, I would skip this as it is very sheer- this product is better suited for setting your liquid makeup. I use this powder everyday to set my MAC Prolongwear Foundation and I love it. Will continue to repurchase :)