December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 223 Eye Blending Brush (Raquel Welch)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is almost like the 222, but a little stiffer and slightly longer too. Good for blending eyeshadow, I've used it for concealer like MACs pro longwear as well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by MissMary2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at a CCO. I had been on the look out for either a 222 or 217 brush for a while, but when i saw this i figured i might as well try it. As far as I'm concerned, the biggest difference between the 223 and 222 is that the 223 has longer bristles.
Great for crease work, but not as awesome for gradient blending.
I would recommend as a 222 substitute.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by vanialovesbenny

I have asian eyes, it is really hard to apply eyeshadow in the outer V of my eyelids because when I open my eyes it goes farther than my crease. I found that this is the perfect brush for anyone with small eyes! Instead of using the 242 brush for the outer V of my eyes I use the 223 brush, it is 2x faster for applying eyeshadow. What I do is rock the bristles back and forth in the outer V of my lid . By doing this is creates the perfect outer V , without going over my crease. I think that's the purpose of why the bristles are so long! This is a must have!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by IndigoRockGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush, it is able to apply thin cream products but doesnt work well because of the long bristles they brush will just "drag" the product instead of buffing and blending it in. I think it applies eyeshadow quite well - I use it to apply colour to my crease - I love that it is synthetic which makes the brush have multi uses and I love how soft it is.
Pros - Soft, apply both cream and powder products
Cons - Expensive, bristles are a tad long

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by joyce77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this brush alot. I creates a different look, a nice soft crease look. Due to shape of brush, it fits into the crease area and doesn't spread the product out like the 224.

It creates a soft flush of colour in the crease, whilst keeping the colour in the crease. It's not an essential brush, but I'm very glad I have it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

really like this brush, The 223 is a blending brush, almost like the 224, but smaller and not as fluffy if that makes sense? Which is why I bought it, I love the 224 brush, but the bristles are much softer and a little longer which I like.. the 223 and the 224 gives me a diffeent look and I love the various looks..I'm glad I found this at the CCO for a great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Isatralala

I like this brush for smoothing/blending the color up to my crease when i only use 2 colors on my eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jolener

This is a nice brush to have, but it's not a must have. It's hard to control it since the bristles are really long. The only use I have for it is to blend out the harsh lines of my paint pots, since the brush is synthetic. That's pretty much the only good use I got out of it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush at MAC a while back and I have barely used it and I have recently discovered why. MAC labels this brush as "blending," but it doesn't really blend shadows at all. In fact, the brush just kind of "pushes" the shadow around and I feel this brush is way too "soft" for blending. The best MAC brush for blending is the 217. The 222 comes in a close second.

I discovered this brush was not all that great when I tried using it to apply my new Kat Von D for Sephora eyeshadow Palette in Beethoven. I wanted to blend the black matte shadow with the light, shimmery mauve color and the result was just bad. It looked like an 6th grade makeup newbie had applied my colors! This brush just threw the colors all over the place and the overall look was uneven and blurry.

Now the 217 has more of a "stiffness" to it and therefore really helps control blending and separation of color way much better. I think the 223 is okay for applying highlight colors to the brow bone but that is about it.

Overall, this is a letdown. If blending is what you are looking for, do not get the 223. You will not like it for that purpose at all because the bristles are way too soft. The brush reminded me of my cat's tail! Fluffy and puffy soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

This brush is perfect for applying concealer under my eyes and highlight my cheekbones. i truly love it and got two back-ups . Edit: use it for strobe liquid = <3