October 24, 2014 | 938 users online

Sunscreen - MD Formulations - total protector color 30 - tinted sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by nezinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I kind of love this product,I've had it for about 3 years and I am on the last of it and contemplating to get another one. It has somewhat runny texture and very light coverage. Other people say it's shiny and oily, but to me it's more like shiny in a dewy way. i like the way it makes my face skin looks much more than any other foundation Ive tried. It does not cover any imperfections and I do have somewhat large pores but still it manages to look good. Blush applied over it looks awesome! It It applies smoothly and it feels somewhat oily in the beginning but after a while it just feels smooth. I like to use it by itself in summer and I mix it with foundation in other seasons. My only gripe is the packaging - you always squeeze far too much and waste a lot of product. When i get another one, I will probably transfer it to a pump bottle.I have it in light tint and it just disappears on my medium yellow undertone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Camilla_20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked the idea of a tinted sunscreen, and as a brand I trust Md. Formulations since I have liked other products. At first this seemed great, nice colour and texture. But after application I notice that it rolls off! I tried several times, but the same thing happends.Really annoying when I am putting on make up and it looks awful! Like I have dry flakes all over.
Anyone else noticed this? I do not think it is very stable sunscreen when it keep coming off like this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so greasy and shiny! I usually use tinted moisturizers with SPF, so I assumed this would be similar, but my face is shining like a light bulb! It was also a pain to get my hands on this. Total waste of money because powder doesn't even help too much...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the MD Formulations Total Protector untinted in the past and loved it because it didn't leave my face greasy, so I thought I'd give the tinted version a try. I wanted a sunscreen that would even out my blotchy skin tone when I exercise outdoors -- biking or walking. I am about a medium brown color -- MAC NC43, so I bought the dark tint, however, it was much too dark. It did even out my skin tone, but it made me look dirty. The funny thing is I tried it on my husband who is very fair complexioned, and it looked great on him -- like he got a nice tan. So then I tried the Medium. The Medium blended into my skin though it didn't add any additional coverage or evening of my skin. So I mixed the Dark and Medium -- not bad. The Dark has a bit too much pink undertones to my liking, as my skin has warm undertones. But the mixture did even out my skin somewhat. I'm taking of a lippie because their range of colors is very limited, especially for caramel toned girls like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lanabean

I bought this in Light and it truly meshes right into my skin. I still get oily, but it looks very nice and feels nice. So far, no reaction to my oily, sens. acne prone skin. I will update this review if I find it bothers me but I generally do a lot of research before using something and this product looks A-ok! I top it with a little mineral powder and I'm good to go. I plan to try the regular (untinted) Total Protector 30 soon for summer days at the beach and whatnot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by maryrita

Being a minimalist when it comes to makeup and skincare, I was happy to find something similar to Olay Complete SPF 30 Sensitive (my former mainstay) but with a tint. It has the same sunscreen ingredients as the Olay Complete, but in slightly different proportions. The texture of the MD Formulations tinted sunscreen is smooth, it blends in easily, and the sheer coverage is natural looking (I have ight, and it is almost a perfect match for my very pale golden skin.) Best of all, it does not burn, itch, or feel greasy. I am glad I tried it--thanks to other positive MUA reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Gingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this sunscreen in light. I like that it gives me some light coverage and 30 SPF. And because you get 2.5 oz, as opposed to 1 oz., the price isn't so bad! I LOVE that it doesn't break me out, irritate my sensitve skin or make me greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Karlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in light. I love this s/s! It goes on easily and evenly, dries matte, isn't sticky, and doesn't interfere with my foundation. The light tint is not very noticeable on my skin (to me anyway). Every s/s I have ever tried has made me breakout, but this causes absolutely no problems. I have been using this everyday for one month. Not one clogged pore. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 7:30:00 PM More reviews by csensitive

I use the untinted version of this and I am in love with it!!! 1) it doesn't irritate my skin 2) it doesn't break me out 3) it gives amazing protection against the sun and I never burn with this on 4) it doesn't have an overpowering smell and 5) it has actually improved my complexion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by mollyejo

I have been using this product for about two weeks. I have very fair skin and vitiligo, so I need a good sunscreen and good coverage. So far I really love this, It feels nice on the skin, provides sheer coverage just to even things out a bit. I do have to say however that my skin sweats when I use this, so I have to use palladio powder foundation over it. I don't really mind having to use the two products because when I do I get a "perfect" very fair complexion, soft, matte, and natural looking. BTW I'm an nc20