September 23, 2014 | 1443 users online

Sunscreen - MD Formulations - total protector spf 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

Fantastic product, I totally disagree with some of the negative reviews which have been left about this SPF. I have been using this for a couple of years now and use it every morning as part of my skincare routine and it never breaks my skin out. I sometimes skip my moisturiser and just apply this SPF as it is quite a thick cream. The trick is to let your skin totally absorb this before applying makeup so I will go and brush my teeth while it sinks in then come back to my dressing table and start to apply my makeup. Great SPF which protects your skin from sun damage, I wear this all seasons in the UK even winter as I hate getting even one freckle on my face as this is sun damage!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by meveka

Perfect cream for oily and combination skin. I used very expensive sun creams before this product, but they all left my skin oily and shining, if no mattifying moisturizer was put under. But this is so far the best. Even without moisturizer, it leaves skin matte. I have been using it over 3 years and I am happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is good if i only use it once in a while. used consistently it clogs my pores and gives me pimples. it worked okay at protecting my skin against the sun (uk), but the clogs and pimples caused more blemishes, so it was useless to me really.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by pauliewalnuts

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this sunscreen on my sensitive skin. It does not clog my pores. It is not shiny, blends with my skin, and my foundation goes over it nicely. I use it over my obagi vit C 5% and no balling up, no sliming. It is great when your favorite products actually work together.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by raveonette

I've been using this every day for about 3 weeks now, and also as a night cream until I can afford a proper one. It took a while for me to get used to the consistency, but once I got the hang of it - dabbing it on rather than rubbing - this cream goes on great. It leaves my skin very moisturized and soft, but it does look rather shiny unless I put powder on top. But that's fine to be honest, because it works great as a foundation for my powder. It stays put all day with no streaking, and most days I don't even need to reapply.

I've also never experiences any dry spots since I switched to this cream. I used to have constantly dry and flaky skin around my mouth and nose, but that disappeared after 3-4 days. Overall, I really like this cream. The only (slight) downsides are the thick consistency, and the fact that I can actually feel the cream laying on my skin after application when I touch my face. It's still the only sunscreen I can use on a daily basis without getting massive breakouts, so unless I find something better in the meantime, I'll buy this again for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by barbie11

I found this sunscreen just ok.
I found that it gave my skin flakes and balled up when I put it on. I tried just smoothing it over my skin with quick sweeps instead of rubbing it in, but that still didn't work.
It worked pretty well under make-up, but it was quite oily and my pores looked huge!
Overall, this is just an ok sunscreen and I probably won't be buying it again. There are much better ones out there for a third of the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LeisyB

I think this product is totally over priced for what it is! It has a very thick consistency that does NOT work under make-up. It pills when massaged into skin, it needs to be dabbed in which makes it go on even thicker. It claims to moisturise but skin feels dry and looks greasy and shiny. I think you can buy much better sunscreen for a fraction of the price such as Neutrogena, I would not recommend it and will not repurchase.

For those foundation lovers out there, an excellent product to wear underneath is MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50. It makes skin look great, controls oil and has a really high SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by madeleineocnr

This does NOT go on well under make up and over my regular moisturizer. It rubs off in little white peelies. After applying this I had to wash my face and start over because it looked like i was molting.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by LauraUNC

I don't know if the tube I have turned or what but it feels grainy going on--more like a scrub than a sunscreen. I liked the no odor quality and it was lightweight which was nice. Unfortunately, I'm paler than pale already and the white cast it gave to my face was more Goth than I'd like. I also didn't care for the tightness it gave my combo skin throughout the day--like I'd stripped the moisture from my face and it couldn't recover regardless of how long I waited.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on good reviews here, but it just doesn't work for me. I have combo skin, but perhaps I need to be oilier in order for this to work for me. I had a hard time smoothing it on, it takes some effort to blend it into my skin so that it isn't noticeable. I prefer a matte finish, but I found this to be way too drying. It didn't provide a good base for makeup. No breakouts, though.