November 24, 2014 | 1527 users online

Fragrances - Indult - Tihota

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mh2393

I recently purchased Tihota and I purchased it without smelling it first. I took a chance and fortunately, it worked out. I did sample Lignes St. Barth and I found that the fragrances were quite different. I much prefer Tihota. When I first spray Tihota it almost feels like there is a bit too much musk, but on my skin it quickly drys down to become a little sweeter, richer, and more depth. The smell resembles vanilla cake. I find myself always smelling my arm where I sprayed it. With Lignes St. Barth there was something in the scent that was a little annoying and I wanted to wash it off. I don't have that feeling with Tihota at all. Its a comfort scent and feels very good to wear it. At first, I felt guilty for splurging on such expensive perfume but now I am happy I did, despite the price tag. I really enjoy it and I looked high and low for a perfume that suited me, and smelled a few high-end vanilla's, including Diptyque, Van Cleef, Serge Lutens, and Proumi de Firenze, and some more moderately priced, such as The Body Shop, and L'Aromarine. Tihota really is a beautiful, simple, yet sophisticated vanilla fragrance and is enjoyable to wear. Update: I have to say, that I am liking this perfume more and more. It is like a treat to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hi. My name is Amy.....and I am a vanilla addict. Sure, it didn't start out that way. I began with body lotions, but from there it went to body sprays, then drugstore perfumes, The Body Shop, L'occitane, department stores and before I knew it, I was hooked. I started spending quite a bit to support my habit. I couldn't always get the same feeling I used to get from using the products I started with. So I went to designer vanillas. High end stuff. Yeah, I've used a lot. I use first thing in the morning, sometimes. I use it to relieve stress; to feel good. Look, I just don't feel the same when I'm not using. But enough about me...
Tihota is like vanilla crack. LIke someone took vanilla extract and made it into a superhero. Rich, a bit dark and caramelized, velvety smooth and luscious. It stays close to the body, but it is clearly there.
There are many comparisons to St Barth's and sure, I can smell the similarities. And if you're jonesing and can't get Tihota, then St Barth's is truly the same vanilla. But the supporting notes are different Where Tihota is warm and pure vanilla with musk, St Barth's has a seamlessly melded floral note which does not detract from the stunning vanilla at all.
However, St Barth's is an oil, which does not make it suitable for misting with abandon. It's only the pricetag of Tihota that holds me back from overdosing.
This is vanilla done exquisitely. It doesn't shout, it isn't multifaceted, it doesn't evolve. It is just quietly superb vanilla that fits like an elegant leather glove. Subtle but beautiful. There is a reason this is a HG scent. If it isn't one for you now, wait a while and come back in a few years. Simple isn't always boring. This is the olfactory equivalent of fresh Maine lobster with butter - it doesn't need anything else to be perfect.
I know. You're drooling and cursing me for being an enabler, a pusher. I've given you cravings. But I just wanted to share with you. Tell you my story. Admit I am powerless over my delicious drug of choice. And I appreciate your support, fellow makeupalley dwellers. Keep coming back.
p.s. NOT meant to offend anyone struggling with the pain of a real addiction.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A warm, rich, buttery vanilla extremely similar to Ligne St. Barths' Vanille West Indies, which is still expensive, but significantly less expensive than the notoriously exorbitant Tihota. The only difference I can detect between these two scents is that Vanille West Indes is a more summery, beachy vanilla because of the orchid, but the core vanilla used in both of these scents is identical! I am surprised at how amazingly similar these two scents are, so if you love Tihota but wish it was more reasonable priced, check out Vanille West Indies! I wrote a review of that it also.

*Update: I am finding Indult Tihota boring, and am very, very glad I only purchased a sample! I think Ligne St. Barth's is better because it is more interesting and not as one dimensional. The orchid really adds beauty and character to the perfume; and makes it more unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so sorry I didnt purchase a bottle of this perfume when it was available, bec it is perfect to me. I ordered 2 small vials from Luckyscent before it was discontinued and have half of one vial left and the other vial is kept in the dark and tightly wrapped so it doesnt evaporate. A lot of vanilla scents turn funky on my skin, and I dont know why. When I first spray this on my arm I smell vanilla, grown up vanilla, no flowers but something else and it is not the musk unless the musk and vanilla give off such a warmth I can almost chew my arm off. It is so delectable yet not sweet in the sense of being gourmand to me and I love it so much bec it also doesnt turn soapy on my skin. I find some scents turn into a foul odour after a couple of hours and they resemble a chemical smell to my nose and I have to wash them off with a lavander soap. To me this was the best vanilla and musk scent ever brought to market and is one that can be worn winter, fall and cooler nights in the summer. Lovely scent, too bad I missed out on a bottle. If anyone knows of a dupe let me know please.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Very beautiful, rich, simple vanilla. Best mostly-vanilla fragrance I've found. Too bad about the scary pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Whenever I take a whiff of this, it's like I can hear angels singing. This is one I've been aching to try for well over a year now. I purchased a sample online as $250 for a bottle is just absurd. However, I'm in love with the way this perfume smells. This is supposedly the best vanilla perfume in the world, and for my pricey little sample, it better be. It is a truly, truly pure vanilla. No bells. No whistles. I know a lot of people don't like that because they believe it's "too linear". It is linear and that's how I want my Vanilla perfume! I love smelling like pure vanilla bean, which is what this fragrance is with just a teeny hint of musk. It smells soooooo sexy. It's the simplicity of it that I appreciate most. I think everyone's clamoring for some complicated, unusual scent. This is not that. It smells uber creamy and feminine. I've contemplated tracking a bottle down, but it smells so amazingly similar to Lavanila's Pure Vanilla (my signature), that I really don't think I even have to bother. So that's $250 I'll keep. Lavanila's perfume is $65 and smells so much like Indult Tihota that I cannot even find any real differentiation. Mmmm....I've probably sniffed my own wrist about 22 times while writing this review. I can't get enough of it. I suggest you track a sample down so you can smell the goodness too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ABBYEYRE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok so here it is. I have been searching for a l'occitane vanille replacement and I think this is as CLOSE as I can get. Is it expensive? yes. I bought a sample- and couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I fell in love! It's the only gift I am asking for for xmas. Nothing can replace my beloved l'occitane, but this is darn close. I am so excited to get a FB, it lasts all day so I think it will last a long time, i am praying it does:) BTW took a lippie off for cost, but to me it's a perfect scent. I get frustrated with people who complain it's not complex enough, or to linear. That is what I love about it, a pure vanilla with no other flower scents to foul it up. If you want complex, this is not for you.
9/20/11 SOOOO upset this has been discontinued ;(((((

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love vanillic notes, so I had to order a sample of this one from the Perfumed Court especially after hearing such rave reviews on Luckyscent, etc. Tihota is a perfectly nice vanilla, simple and straightforward, but a disappointment considering the price. It does not have the richness of Guerlain Spiriteuse Double Vanille, and the composition is very uninteresting. I agree with the other reviewers, other more affordable alternatives abound; go for the SDV if you want to splurge.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't get over that waxy artificial musk note. This stuff positively smells like a vanilla CANDLE! Had great expectations for this one, since I'm a great fan of French Polynesia and Tihota is a word derived from the Polynesian language, so I was intrigued. However, the vanilla here does by far not live up to the hype created for this perfume, maybe in the same way as French Polynesia and Tahiti do not really live up to the hype created around them, since the reality is that you pay 600$ for a run down, shabby, not very clean bungalow, representing a standard of accommodation for which, as a comparison in Thailand, you would pay a maximum of 80$, that means no luxury, just very basic stuff - that applies for Tihota as well. Its just very basic, artificial smelling and hugely overpriced at that. Actually a scrubber for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review is based on a Luckyscent sample, so I don't have a longterm experience with this product and have no idea what the packaging looks like in person.

That said, I absolutely adore vanilla and have been on a loooooooong search for a simple, sexy, warm, non-gourmand, non-nauseating, not-too-sweet version to fall in love with. Considering the $250 for 50ml (1.7 oz) pricetag, it's an absolute relief that Tihota is NOT it.

Is Tihota a lovely perfume? Yes. Does it live up to its Luckyscent description as: "the finest pure vanilla we’ve ever had the honor of carrying"? IMO, not quite. While the notes are simply listed as vanilla bean and musks, for me this is far, faaaaaaar to sweet to be an ideal vanilla. Upon first application, I smell a fuzzy amber and citrus opening that's very similar to La Maison de la Vanille's Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar, followed by an overwhelmingly sweet vanilla. While the lasting power is great, for me the drydown is nearly identical to Lavanila's Pure Vanilla.

I would not purchase this product but recommend it to sweet vanilla lovers. I also suggest trying the La Maison and Lavanila lines before purchasing a full size of Tihota, since both are similar at a much smaller cost. If, however, you're like me and on the search for sexier, less sweet vanillas, out of all the vanillas I've tried so far, the one that's absolutely stood out for me is Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561's Vaniglia del Madagascar (quite a mouthful for quite a lovely vanilla).

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No