October 31, 2014 | 752 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by theskinguru87

Great foundation, glides on my skin, evens out skin tone, decent medium coverage, gives a nice glow and dewy skin, which really makes my skin glow and look less tired, it doesn't break me out and i have very oily skin other foundations look very cakey, i use it then apply a translucent powder and set with thermal water spray. its not very cheap though and it runs out fast, only lasted a month but i would buy more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mbdiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must say that I am a fan of lighter foundations but this one is way liquid and has very poor coverage. It simply lightens up your skin a bit. I couldn't notice any difference in terms of coverage. This was actually my first foundation a few years ago.. I decided to try it again because it perfectly matches my skin tone (72), but unfortunately I wasn't satisfied, as I found it to be much more liquid than before...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was matched to 73 Beige Clair ( I am a MAC NC25 for reference) and looked great in the store. But it is way too dark for my skin and I look like I have a tanned pumpkin head on a white neck. Coverage is light to medium and the formula is runny. However, it leaves a nice dewy finish and I really like the effect. Looks very natural and doesn't settle into fine lines. Pricey for a drugstore foundation (around $30 in Hong Kong). But if I find a good color match, would be happy to try it again.

Right now I am lightening the color with Face Architect Zero and this seems to work well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a three for two deal in Boots, it was about £9.99 which is a cheaper foundation in the Bourjois range. Probably because of the plastic packaging as the others seem to be glass.

I like it. A lot. I normally buy high end as I find it really difficult to match in places like Boots and Superdrug. I have almost run out of my Clinique CC cream (my favourite to date) so decided to chance it. I think this is a good price for a foundation.

I'm very happy with this. It's very runny, but sets nice and matte. A bit dewy, but not as dewy as Mac F&B which I also have. It blends out nicely and the colour I chose is 73 Beige Clair which is great for my skin. Just enough warmth. It looks lovely paired with the Bourjois cream blusher, very natural and doesn't necessarily need to be powdered.

I used two layers today and had no caking issues at all. It sets quickly and if there is a smell, it wasn't offensive enough for me to remember now. I've had it on for about 6 hours now, I have a little bit of greasy breakthrough on my nose but nothing I can't handle. I've got combination skin.

All in all, I actually really like this foundation. It's sheer but not too sheer, doesn't dry shiny like F&B and doesn't have a hefty price tag like Clinique or Guerlain. I would prefer a squeezy tube because I hate the fact I might throw it away with even a tiny bit of product left!

I've only marked it down for the texture because I prefer it more creamy, but really this is purely because because I am less likely to spill it!

I would possibly buy this again because I like it, but it's likely I will buy something different because I like trying new products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always used heavier foundation because I felt my under eyes were so flawed I needed massive cover up (To be honest no makeup on this planet has ever hidden my dark circles).

I then realized I was just punishing the rest of my face which doesn't need much makeup so I was looking for something lighter for my face. I discovered BB creams and Garnier's was the lightest and the smoothest. Unfortunately it was too dark for my face.

Bourjois' 10 hour foundation does exactly what I wanted. It makes my skin look flawless while being completely weightless and at the right colour too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $30 CDN.

But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did. This foundation didn't oxidize on my skin and gave me great light- medium coverage. It didn't break me out and it had a nice scent. It had a very watery consistency ... like the mac face and body foundations. Also, it was easy to apply with my fingers... You just have to work quickly.
    This is my most favourite drugstore foundation line for sure... I think I like this one the best out of all the bourjois foundations.
    Edit: after using this product for a several weeks now... It's my HG foundation :) I love it so much that i bought another bottle as a back up and so more than my rimmel wake me up foundation. I know in Canada it's pricey at around $28 CDN but it's so worth it... Much better than the healthy mix IMO. I use about 1.5 pumps for my whole face an neck. I prefer using my hands to warm up the product instead of my real techniques buffing brush. It applies so easily and goes on smoothly. I don't wear foundation everyday, so I can't review if it will clog my pores or give me acne.

Note: I'm an NC25 - NC30 in Mac and I use #73

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by etteilbuO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation on a daily basis for YEARS now. I still buy it, along with others, and to be honest I really love it and always go back to it. I use the tone 72, rose clair, and it does what it's supposed to, it's not too heavy but it's enough to give a uniform tone to the skin, very natural. It's not oily, it does not have any scent, it does not cause my skin to break out, it does not irritate my skin - which is very prone to do that - not even in the eye area, and does give it a nice healthy glow. For its price tag, all in all, I think it's a great foundation, one I will keep in my boudoir for years to come. The only down side is the package, although the pump is very hygienic and helps control the amount of product, you are never sure how much you have left and after a certain level it becomes very difficult to pump stuff out, even though you know it's there and do manage to extract sufficient amounts for several days.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

I dont know why I keep buying those light coverage foundations, I sumply dont like them.
    Im sure people with good skin will love this but for me there is too much redness and if I have to cover my cheeks and chin with a concealer afterwards I might as well use a heavier foundation and skip the concealer.

Very runny and light, I love all bourjois foundations.
    I also have vitalumiere aqua and that one doesnt cover enough either although it definetly covers better than this one.

but if you have good skin already then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by irf7

I am a huge fan of Bourjois, expecially the healthy mix even though i've got OILY SKIN. This is a light coverage foundation. It's like healthy mix but less heavy/oily and lighter. I think it's great for an everyday foundation. I do set it with powder. In terms of longevity, I do have oily skin, so the healthy mix and the 10 hour sleep effect don't really last all that long compared to say the mac studio fix. I would say it lasts about 4 hours and then after about 8 hours it's almost off my face. But, I think the finish is great and the colour match for me is perfect, which is why i'll continue to purchase Bourjois products.

(I am NC25 and shade Beige Claire and 53 in Healthy mix)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

love it! Smells good but little bit strong, light coverage, suitable for oily and combination skin, but the coverage is not enough for me, but it is still good