April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying many, many moisturizers and creams to use overnight on my dry, lackluster skin, this was the one that made my skin look alive and did not break me out. Right before discovering this product, I would get tiny bumps, even cystic acne with many other night time treatments, even some that were oil-free. With this product, my skin achieved a healthy glow the very next day, as if I'd had an expensive facial. My bumpy skin texture was so smoothed out and glowing. I'm sticking with this one as my miracle overnight treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it smells good, the texture of emulsion feels like it glides on the skin so well...HOWEVER
I have dry skin and it does not moisturize my skin..
It leaves a sticky feeling on my skin especially on my hands after applying the lotion. FYI I live in Inland Empire California considered to be a low humidity area.
not recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by helensung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's kind of pricey, but it smell really nice, and I really wanted to love it. But after 5 days of use, it broke me out, and I have to stope it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kurbsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's 'ok' . . . which is not good enough for the price you pay! And the bottle looks like it'll be hard to get the last out of it. My skin isn't any better, not glowing or youthful or anything like that. That's what I wanted when I spent the money! I wouldn't buy it again. It hasn't made my skin any worse, that's about as positive as I can be. And you hardly need to use any so I will be using it up for ages and ages before I can try something new...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by esparzan

I really wanted to love this moisturizer but unfortunately it didn't do the trick. I only used it for 3 days so I can't say if it delivers on its promise to brighten, but what I can say is that it broke me out right away. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and chin -- it definitely helped moisturize and felt fresh on my skin but because of the terrible breakout, I've had to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I work in a pretty dry office, my skin gets quite tight from the air. Thus after letting myself be convinced by the sales consultant, I decided to splurge on this product, combined with Anessa sunblock.

Unfortunately, this product only made my skin feel even tighter! A quick chat with a colleague had her commenting that Shiseido products often come with an overpowering alcohol scent (hinting at its high alcohol content), and that alcohol essentially dries out your skin. Not sure how many months of youth I've lost because of my use of this product.

I guess this works if you use this on your oilier bits/ have oily skin. My oilier friends think Shiseido's a godsend.

Oriental/Fair/ NC15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by keifu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this emulsion is how runny and easily absorbed by skin but that being said, it's not enough to moisturize your skin fully. More like something to use before you apply a NORMAL more hydrating moisturizer. I wouldn't buy this ever at its full price because there are other cheaper alternatives that give the same results. I have oily/combi skin and this never breaks me out even though my skin is pretty sensitive and acne-prone. In the morning, I use this then apply my moisturizing makeup base and sunscreen and my makeup looks good even after 5-6 hours. No dry patches etc. But at night, since I sleep in an a/c room, I have to apply serum and a night cream to make sure I don't wake yp with dehydrated skin the next morning. It's a nice product to have on your dressing table but not a must, especially considering the steep price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by surleslevres14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from the warehouse sale so it was quite cheap, however, I would probably pass if I were to pay regular price.

Although this does give my face a nice glow (mind you, this could be attributed to the White Lucent face wash, cleanser and softener), it doesn't moisturize my skin enough. I find the consistency to be quite thin and I usually have to use another moisturizer with it. I find that if I use this as a regular moisturizer (as some people apparently do) it's almost as if I wasn't wearing a moisturizer at all...its lasting power is a few hours at best. My makeup definitely doesn't look as good.

I will be buying this product again (at the next sale!) however, it is merely due to following the WL regime--which 100% has given me the coveted glow I've been looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by salbaliao

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and I don't really notice any difference to my skin. Although my skin is probably a tad brighter, the results are not dramatic or even that noticeable. It is also supposed to be a moisturizer, but the consistency is way too runny and thin to be moisturizing. For those ladies that are looking for a product that will whiten and brighten the skin, this may be a disappointment. This is not a cheap moisturizer, so for the price I paid, this is definitely not worth it. However, i'm giving it 3 lipsticks because it is not a terrible product, it is just not very effective in terms of brightening the skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with a friend because she has been raving about it for a while. I bought it because it felt great when I tested it out on my hands, and figured I should give it a try since my friend loves it so much and she has great skin so I thought it might work for me, too.
WHAT A MISTAKE! I used it for about a week and loved that it was hydrating without being overbearingly greasy on my oily skin, but after a week, I started breaking out all over my face. It was as if somebody got red stickers and stuck them randomly on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I was literally breaking out in places on my face I don't usually break out on. I don't have super sensitive skin or anything, so I was pretty shocked. I stopped using it for a few months and then decided that I would give it another try during fall, when I am less oily and my skin gets drier. I thought that maybe less oily skin might equal no breakouts. WRONG! I broke out all over my face again within a week! Tried this again a few weeks ago, only to go through the same ordeal.
Now I can pretty much say for sure that this product was the culprit for my nasty breakouts. After I stopped using it, my skin calmed down and went back to normal. So yeah, safe to say that I will not be purchasing this ever again.
I'm pretty bummed this didn't work for me since it is working wonders for my friend. She uses this and has the skin of a baby's bottom, so smooth and even! I guess it just depends on the person, but I seriously do not understand why my skin reacts so terribly to this emulsion. :/