July 23, 2014 | 1183 users online

Blush - Jordana - Redwood

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This review is for the Redwood hue, not for the Jordana Blushes which I like a lot.
Jordana lists this as a pearl finish but isn't very shiny in person. It does have micro glitter in it, nothing over the top but enough to show up in daylight which is a no no for my cheeks.
The color itself is very opaque which is good, but on my skin the red made me look like I was having a skin issue not a healthy flush.
For darker complexions this could be very pretty...if you don't mind sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, go easy on this one girls. A light dab will do ya! That just makes it a great deal because a little goes a long way. Personally, I think it would be great in the summer when my skin is darker and light blushes may look chalky. This is a definite rouge red powerhouse....I love it and Jordana's prices are always right.. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by minkidiva

I am not a blush person sad to say this is the only blush I own, apart from the blushes that come in the eye shadow palettes. I must say I wear this only when I'm going out or on a friday when I wanna dress up for work. It is very pigmented with a reddish/burgandy color which is great on my nc50 skin. It comes out so natural and natural in pics which is a plus for me. I will buy again but I will have this blush for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by gwb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely color for a fraction of a price. I have read reviews on here then I went to 3 dollar shop. I as after a reddish shade which is hard to come across. I bought almost 3 of these blushes in few different colors. The best ones I like were Coral Sandy Beach and Redwood. I only paid 4 dollars for each. The product is in a kind of cheapy container, but hey who cares if the product inside delivers quality. It is not a bright bright red, such a subtle reddish bronzy hue. I only used on my already ruined and sun stained face as the sun in here is very strong and damaging. Without applying full makeup such as moisturizer-primer, foundation and powder, I gently applied over my sunscreen and I got lots of compliments. I own Mac, Clinique blushes and Jordana is an amazing runner up for these. It is also similar to Boots's 17 Blusher, which is not a bad quality either. I will check all the Jordana products here in NZ as Jordana is the most affordable out here.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This blush is absolutely amazing, it looks amazing on my NC40 skin.

its gorgeous and very pigmented

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This particular color is Redwood, which I would describe best as a burnt mahogany-ish red. Stunning! These are great blushes, worth far far more than their super cheap price! They are well pigmented, long lasting, and gorgeous colors. The texture is very nice and smooth and applies evenly and easily-something you would not expect from a dirt cheap product. The packaging is a twist off with a clear lid so you can see the color inside-a plus. I purchased 8 of these (for a total of $16 or thereabouts in a bogo-half off at KMart). I am NW25ish+ for reference, and my favorites are Redwood, Coral Sandy Beach, Terra Cotta, Blushing Rose, Tawny Beige and Bronze. I also have Touch of Pink and Rose Silk, which are very pretty but these colors don't get as much love from me as the others solely because I am not really a pink blush kind of gal. A whole blush "wardrobe" for less than half the price of one higher end blush! I highly recommend these-money well spent for a product worth far more than its price!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is great at any price point, but at this price it makes me consider giving up on MAC and NARS, altogether. Seriously. The quality is excellent. The pigmentation level is ideal - while it is highly pigmented, I don't have to spend a lot of time buffing the excess off my NC20 skin. The color looks brighter in the pan than it plays out on the skin. On me it sits just barely on the bluer side of a neutral, believable red. Wow!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a makeup snob and any makeup I find in a dollar store sold next to paper plates and cartoon themed stationery is not on my to buy list. But I saw so many positive reviews for Jordana that I decided to try one lipstick, one blush and a nail varnish. Why isn't this more expensive? It is amazing. The blush shades are so beautiful and offer great variety in shades. Definitely will buy more of this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Jacqu1em

WOW! Was NOT expecting this to be so pigmented... Used my E.L.F. Powder Brush from the Studio Line, dipped the brush in & tapped off the excess & was still left with too much product! Don't get me wrong though, this is not a bad thing as a pet peeve of mine is blushers with no pigmentation. Will definitely be trying out others from this line of blushers, especially for the inexpensive price! :)
For reference this is the perfect rusty toned blush for a sunkissed look. It makes bronzer look so much more believable with the red tones, and leaves you looking like you just had a day out in the sun. Beautiful. x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by TheMadameDex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this for my personal use (as a freelance MU artist, I designate my stash and my kit) but would likely repurchase for the kit, as this has a beautiful universally-flattering (depending on quantity applied) hue. When we blush naturally, our blood vessels engorge and become visible underneath our epidermis. The natural color variation depends upon the "filter" of skin through which that blood is viewed. Sticking to red-based shades, and applying subtly most often produces the most natural flush, or at least a shade that registers as believable within the realm of Mother Nature.
The texture of these blushes is smooth, blendable, and nicely pigmented; akin to something of a much higher price point. Mine says "Made in USA" which IMHO, is preferable to the megacheap mass-produced lines like ELF. The packaging, while not particularly quick to open and close, with its screw-top pot, is formidable enough to withstand the rigors of most makeup bags and purses without disintegrating. There is no offensive scent to the product, and though I wouldn't deem it any kind of luxurious cosmetic, it is a reliable workhorse. I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend or client- especially a budget-conscious one!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No