Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment

PH: 3.4 Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG 8, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Trideceth 6, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sclerotium Gum, Laureth 23, Laureth 4, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Green 5, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Fragrance

on 5/25/2015 12:40:00 AM

Discontinued?! I got this years ago cuz my usual BHA and AHA Jan marini bioclear lotion is too expensive and troublesome to buy. Thus, I switch to this. It is less potent than Jan Marini one, and depends on how bad/ clogged you skin is, this may work. Forwhitehead/ blackhead/ milia/ white bump, this doesn't help much while jan marini can melt those away in 2 days, if not overnite. But Jan marini one is too potent for me to use it daily, so I will repurchase this if not being discontinued.

on 2/6/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I used this years ago and I couldn't review it because it was listed as discontinued. I used about half of it and during that time, I was breaking out and trying a lot of new things. It could be that this is helpful, but because of everything that was going on, it was hard to tell. It's not sold anymore so it doesn't matter, but I found out after years of agony that it was propylene glycol that breaks me out, and possibly butylene glycol too (the BG is in this product). But it was so hard to find out, so one thing I will say is just be careful of over doing it with all the acne treatments. I had over dried my skin and caused a vicious cycle, but going totally 'natural' didn't help either. Propylene glycol is used so frequently, that it's really in everything, but because it has a low comedogenic rating I didn't think it was that. But it really could be anything that's an irritant to someone. So just be careful and good luck!

on 11/20/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's disappointing Neutrogena discontinued this well formulated product. The Neutrogena bha keeps my pimples at bay and has helped with clearing up tiny pimples or redness around my cheeks. I love the gel like texture of it because it is easy to spread. I do not like how dry it can be at times. The price is inexpensive at $10 for two ounces. One tube lasts me many months. I'm on my last bottle of it and hope it lasts for many months. Neutrogena, please make this beautiful bha exfoliant again!

Edit: I would like to mention using this treatment reduced redness and bump on my cheeks.

on 8/9/2014 10:32:00 PM

I have been using this for 6 yrs or so. I have sensitive skin/oily. This has not irritated my skin but it exfoliates my skin, prevents acne and keeps my wrinkles at bay thanks to BHA. I use this only at night either every night in the summer & every other night in the winter. This works great with a moisturizer as well. This has a light texture that doesn't make your face tight. I highly recommend this. I bought this on line because I can't find this in stores anymore:(

on 7/29/2014 12:57:00 AM

HG! I use this every morning and night all over my face even if my skin is mostly clear because it prevent my breakouts I USED to always get. I combine this with my the scrub and facial wash also from the acne stress control collection and my skins looks clear, soft and flawless! My only issue is that I noticed when I stopped using those 3 products my skin broke out even worse than it did before, not much of an issue though since i don't plan to stop purchasing:)

on 7/20/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Found this at my local Dollarama for 3 bucks and since it was Neutrogena, I figured "why not?" It smells nice but I didn't really see a change in my skin. It didn't do anything to stop breakouts from occurring and if anything, I broke out even more! I didn't notice any of my acne healing either. But my skin has been softer and I've noticed a lot of blackheads have been reduced.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. But for 3 bucks, I don't feel as dejected.

Update: I persisted and kept using this product and I'm happier with it! It still doesn't prevent acne for me, but I've noticed that it does help a bit with the breakouts I do have and my face has cleared up and I like to believe that this product helped!

on 7/18/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

*12/08/2014 UPDATE* after about a month of not using this product, my skin has remained clear, so I'm figuring out that using or not using this product makes little difference. In addition, I'm realizing that it pills up like a B%TCH. Under everything. It's extremely annoying, and I don't know how i didn't notice before.

One of my HG products and a major contributor in the clearing of my skin. It isn't an overnight miracle worker, at least, it wasn't for me, but over time it drastically improved my skin. It has a very light texture and can be used on its own on my oiler days, but my skin can sometimes lean more to the dry side and I need more moisture than this provides. It feels cool on the skin but doesn't tingle or sting. It does have fragrance, so if that irritates you, I'd avoid this. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to bother me. I will continue to purchase.

on 6/30/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has been my go-to acne treatment for about a year now. It is light, doesn't burn or irritate my skin, and works well for how gentle it is. I find that it does not help me with hormonal breakouts, but not much does so I don't find that to be a huge problem. It calms down the redness in my t-zone as well and prevents my skin from getting flaky. It prevents large pimples from popping up and dries out existing pimples within a few days. I do have a gripe about the packaging, though. The product is so runny that I find it tends to leak into the cap and get a little messy. I can live with that since this product is awesome in so many other ways. Definitely worth a try!

on 6/20/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is essentially a very light, salicylic-acid/BHA based lotion. It is alcohol free and oil free, but not fragrance free, though this doesn't seem to bother me. It is very light and runny, and a greenish colour. It absorbs fast and has a tingly feel, but doesn't seem to irritate my skin. This is my only moisturizer in the morning; at night I apply it under C Serum and another, richer lotion. Overall this has definitely been one of the power players in clearing up my acne, and keeping my skin fresh and bright looking. It doesn't get rid of all my blackheads(sadly!) but it keeps my pores clean and thus appearing much smaller. It is not a hugely expensive product, and for what it does I wouldn't care anyway. I will be repurchasing(have been through three or four tubes already)

on 5/22/2014 6:33:00 AM

i've been buying this for years and love the gentle BHA formula and mild unoffensive scent.

this product seems to disappear from shelves and the neutrogena site, then reappear over the years. it seems to have been discontinued yet again (?), which is a shame and kind of strange, given how highly rated it is. thier newer/alternative products are too heavy and too strongly scented for me. too bad.