September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I had gone by the reviews, I would not have purchased this because I like 4 lippie products and I generally avoid Maybelline mascara just because of not so great lash. That said, I really like this mascara. For me, it lengthens and defines and can go from light and natural to a bit of drama. No one is going to think you're wearing falsies when you wear this so it's not for that kind of look but for non-clumpy definition with a bit of length & a smidge of volume, this works nicely and also seems to hold curl or at least doesn't flatten them. It has not smudged, flaked or run on me and I've sweated and be rained on, I use the non- waterproof version as I'm not a fan of WP.

The flexible brush head is not my favorite, I usually prefer bristles, but isn't overly bendy and the tip is narrow enough to get to the little lashes but you'll probably have a little clean up.

Removal is easy, it melts with a good bit of water and does raccoon but removes completely with any remover or cleanser. I use Philosophy's original Purity.

This is one of my go-to mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Maybelline mini brush waterproof mascara for years. Lately it seems I need something more since my lashes seem to be not as thick or long anymore. I tried Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening mascara (advertises zero clumps, sleek definition, sensuous length) It does clump a bit and my lashes were not lengthened.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent layering mascara, lengthens well. Not much in the way of volume. Doesn't clump if you don't zig zag as you separate. Top with a volumizing mascara (Dior) and you'll have a set of peepers TDF.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by meghall90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! It's never ever clumped on me at all. It does a great job of separating my lashes. It gives a great natural definition of the eyes. Nothing too dramatic. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by auburninthesnow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works in a pinch, somewhat clumpy but less so after I added a few drops saline to the bottle, doesn't add much for volume or length. I particularly didn't like the way the bond between the wand and the applicator was "loose" and I had to be extra careful when putting it back in the tube or else it would bend and either not go in without leaving a ton of product on the top, or completely "pop" out of the hole and onto my hand. Not fun. Doesn't help their case as they aren't cruelty free. Not a deal breaker, but a degrading factor. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara did wonders for my lashes! But sadly, my country do not sell these mascaras anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I love this so much! Can make my lashed super long buts still keep it a natural looking! I love using this every day, easy applying and nice effect! If I want more volume, I love the volume express one which is yellow tube also by maybelline, these two definitely my drugstore favourites! But, attention! The waterproof version of this one sucks! Bad bad bad! This one is excellent!! Do not try the waterproof one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by radlegend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just as a lot of other reviewers on here - I love to hate this mascara. It's not the best, but definitely not the worst.
I would recommend this ONLY FOR LENGTH purposes. It does nothing in the volume department - but gives incredible length. I've found this product works WITH another mascara. So currently, i use this as a primer to get length, then round off with Colossal Cat Eyes for the most amazing lashes!!

Use this alone if you want a more natural / subtle eye
Use with a voluminous mascara to get a full / GLAM eye

I reckon i'll always have one of these with me - as it's my fav on the days i don't wear make up. Just some mascara for length and it makes all the difference!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay, for the price.
Pros:
Lengthens (but only a little)
True to its color (I have very black)
Really nice packaging
Doesn't smell or clump

Cons:
Always flakes in one/two hours
Smudges under my eye (and NOT because I have oily lids, I DONT.)

So this isn't my favorite product, but I don't hate it either. For now, I just use it as a top coat to my other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by anonyym