Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/6/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- no clumping
- wonderful small brush that really gets into your lashes
- gives you natural looking, defined lashes

CONS:
- not much volume
- small amount of clumping

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

waterproof one was just too wet for me. It made my lashes all clumped and droopy

on 1/30/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- no clumping
- wonderful small brush that really gets into your lashes
- gives you natural looking, defined lashes

CONS:
- not much volume

on 11/18/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is an okay mascara. It gives me really natural looking lashes. It clumps sometimes and smudges on me by the end of the day. I think the brush is actually great. It's somewhat flimsy but it applies the mascara well. It doesn't give you volume but gives you some length. It's a bit hard to get off also. Probably won't be repurchasing though.

on 10/8/2014 8:57:00 PM

Kind of surprised by the low ratings on this one. I have very sensitive eyes, and this is one of the few mascaras I can wear without irritation. I like that it doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and comes off easily at the end of the day with a little cleanser. I have pretty good lashes to begin with, and this adds some nice definition -- not wild drag queen lashes, so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a good, basic, lengthening mascara you can wear day to day, this one's worth a try.

on 9/16/2014 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I use this mascara because I love having lengthy eyelashes. This mascara does just that. It doesn't clump my lashes at all. It provides some volume, but if you're looking for a good deal of volume, this is not the right mascara for you. It's more focused on length, which it definitely provides. The color is brilliant and very black. The formula is more wet than creamy, but not wet enough to be a problem. The wand separates my lashes well and coats them quite evenly. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's way too flexible. It's not stiff or sturdy at all. It bends if you don't put it back in the tube slowly and straight on, and if you're not paying attention, it can miss the tube and flick onto your hands and fingers. Other than that, I love this mascara.

on 8/31/2014 5:27:00 PM

If I had gone by the reviews, I would not have purchased this because I like 4 lippie products and I generally avoid Maybelline mascara just because of not so great lash. That said, I really like this mascara. For me, it lengthens and defines and can go from light and natural to a bit of drama. No one is going to think you're wearing falsies when you wear this so it's not for that kind of look but for non-clumpy definition with a bit of length & a smidge of volume, this works nicely and also seems to hold curl or at least doesn't flatten them. It has not smudged, flaked or run on me and I've sweated and be rained on, I use the non- waterproof version as I'm not a fan of WP.

The flexible brush head is not my favorite, I usually prefer bristles, but isn't overly bendy and the tip is narrow enough to get to the little lashes but you'll probably have a little clean up.

Removal is easy, it melts with a good bit of water and does raccoon but removes completely with any remover or cleanser. I use Philosophy's original Purity.

This is one of my go-to mascaras.

on 8/28/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Maybelline mini brush waterproof mascara for years. Lately it seems I need something more since my lashes seem to be not as thick or long anymore. I tried Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening mascara (advertises zero clumps, sleek definition, sensuous length) It does clump a bit and my lashes were not lengthened.

Excellent layering mascara, lengthens well. Not much in the way of volume. Doesn't clump if you don't zig zag as you separate. Top with a volumizing mascara (Dior) and you'll have a set of peepers TDF.

on 8/24/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is awesome! It's never ever clumped on me at all. It does a great job of separating my lashes. It gives a great natural definition of the eyes. Nothing too dramatic. Love this stuff!