April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Loose Powders - Black Opal - Invisible Oil Blocking Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I use the oil blocking gel as well and they really work. My face doesn't get oily, it gets dewy like. I just blot a little bit and my face looks fine. I also have the pressed powder but I don't always use it. MAC makes oil blocking products as well but I didn't want to spend the money for it not to work. Black Opal impressed me because my face gets so oily that I really didn't think the powder would work. It really makes a difference. I'm not a fan of loose powders but I just opened 2 holes. If you are oily like me, I suggest you try their oil blocking products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. This powder is truly translucent as it doesn't leave behind any ashyness. Even on my very oily skin, it manages to keep me matte for 5 hours.

I only wear liquid foundations when taking pictures & i use this to set it. I dont experience any white casts or alter my foundation shade in any way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best translucent powder I have purhcased. I have used other lines that are not formulated for WOC that worked ok; but this powder gives my skin a flawless finish. It really controls the oil and i only touch up @ 2x a day (mind you the make up is applied @ 6:30 AM and I leave work at 5 PM). If you looking for a great translucent powder, give Black Opal a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by krissy1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have this in the preseed format-this doesnot work for me.does not soak up any oil...nothing.this is pretty expensive in my country and i regret purchasing it-o why did i waste my $..lol.its all abt trial and error i guess-anyways would not be purchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

I liked this product a lot. I was hesitant to purchase for awhile because I use MAC Blot in deep dark and havent had a problem with it....however I was looking for a good "loose", colorless powder to set my foundation/concealer with. This does the trick just fine! I dont regret my purchase. I'm NC50 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have been a fan of p/p version of this powder for years. So decided to give a try when stumbled on this at Walmart. Light beige translucent powder in shifter jar. Finely milled. Color-LESS, disappears on skin. Works just as well as the pressed version. A winner if you are looking a translucent powder that won't look white. 28 grams for $7.27 at Walmart. Dust under eyes, down nose, over chin, and over blemish concealer after apply foundation/concealer. I'm DDD; NW45ish or HIP #820. Also use on my makeup clients and they love it.