October 2, 2014 | 1352 users online

Bronzers - Iman - Afterglow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a couple of years ago, but I only used it as an eyeshadow, because I was leery of bronzers on my cheeks. Well, I finally put it on and I was amazed at how flattering it was on my face! Most bronzers either match my skin or are too dark, but Afterglow is a nice mixture of pink and brown and the shimmer creates a nice glow.
The mirror is a helpful addition and I find this bronzer easy to use. I don't remember the exact cost but it wasn't too expensive. This is the only bronzer I feel comfortable using and I recommend this to any black woman who may be uncomfortable about bronzer like I was. BTW, I don't wear blush, so this bronzer is the only thing I wear on my cheeks.

P.S-I bought this at Sear's but they don't carry Iman makeup anymore, so I don't know where at what stores you can buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mellodyhayes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful warm color, I probably will never fine a better blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I wore this about 4 years ago, a male friend complimented me on how radiant I looked, so I knew it was a keeper :-). Back then I wore it all over and as soon as I applied it as a finishing touch over my makeup, I would notice an instant warming and evening of my skin, and it even made me say under my breath “whoa”. I don’t know any special bronzing techniques, so I would just tap gently all three colors and lightly sweep over my face with a Face Secrets deluxe powder brush. There are no tell-tale sparkles-just a smooth, professional-like airbrushing (I have an older pan-I don't know if there is a newer version with more sparkle). The pan is huge, and I will have it for a very long time given that I only wear it on nights out. All the other Iman powders suck (on me), but this one is a keeper. Over time though I noticed how this really WARMS your skintone, and now I prefer to use it simply as a blush-it works great that way also. On my cheeks it turns a soft muted rose,and I even see a touch of highlighting. In photos it is a fresh and young look. The pink is also very pretty as a standalone on my lids. Still a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

After all the glowing reviews and the fact that Iman is my go-to face makeup, I was sad not to like this. Way too sparkly for my dark brown complexion like most 'luminizing' Iman products. I'm just not into the gold glitter. With a LOT of blending and the lightest hand/super soft brush ever, it can work. But still doesn't beat my Cargo bronzer for a soft luminescent finish. I've dusted off extra powder in my inner wrist, so I can see how it would look better on a light complexion. Ultimately, stay away if your complexion is more kelly than beyonce.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

Great bronzed looks beautiful..I use it as a bronzer, blush or eyeshadow love it the only bronzer I'll ever use..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so pretty. I wear it as a blush. Its the perfect color for me, as it brings the perfect warmth to my cheeks. It's not too cool orwarm, but achieves perfect balance. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching FOREVER for a nice, glowy bronzer for my DDD skin. Every other brand just washes out on me or leaves me covered in glitter. This ... is just beautiful ... adding a lovely coppery peach tone to my skin. I'm in love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! I love this blusher/bronzer. It's one of the few products that I have hit the pan and mind you I own Nars blushes, and MAC blushes and Bobbi Brown bronzers but this is the one I always reach for, sometimes I will just wear this and pressed powder. I have put this on my light skinned friends and dark deep skin toned friends and I can honestly say this looks great on everyone. A lot of celebrities make and endorse crappy products and clothes but I can honestly say I always have good luck with IMAN products, she really does endorse or make quality makeup products. I am MUFE HD 140 and Bobbi brown warm natural 4.5 foundation for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Iman Afterglow bronzer after reading several good reviews. I purchased a Milani bronzer recently and I like the results initially, but it seemed to give me a chaulky look over time or in different lighting. I also did not care for the loud fragrance from the product. Nevertheless, I decided to give this product a try. I used it for the first time this morning. I applied using a large brush and it just gave me a beautiful sheer glow. I don't wear foundations or anything so this was just a little pop to my daily look along with a little gloss and neutral eyeshadow. It doesn't have a shimmery look when applied. I am looking forward to using this during the Spring/Summer months. I think this will be perfect for my trip to Mexico.

Okay, I am revisiting my review following a week of using this product. I think I am falling in love with this bronzer. It is getting to the point where I apply this when I leave the house on the weekend to run errands. It just gives my skin this pop. I don't wear much makeup but it is something about this bronzer that I love. I think WOC should definitely consider making this product a staple. I am even considering purchasing a few more in the event it is discontinued. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by blubandit85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite bronzer hands down! I have been wearing it everday. It looks perfect on my caramel skin. I was mixing my blush and bronzer together to create the look that this bronzer has both and I love it!