November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Fusion Soft Lights - Gossamer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful blush! I love the finish this product gives. It's the perfect pink color, not strong or garish. It left a very subtle "glow" to the skin after you apply it. I like the fact that you can build the intensity. I have their Soft Lights blush in Guru and I found that blush was just a bit too bright for my liking plus it didn't give me the same sheen/glow Gossamer provided. A very nice everyday blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

Iíve found it hard to find a lovely pink blush that isnít too strong against my very fair complexion, but this stuff is amazing! Itís very buildable and versatile; for uni and work during the week I lightly sweep it across my cheekbones for a natural, subtle, soft glow that makes me look healthy and perked up, but I can use more when I go out at night for a glowing babydoll look. It looks so soft and natural and brightens up my face beautifully. Really generous amount for the cost too.
My HG blush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Contains the following coloured stripes: bright white shimmer, berry-brown, golden apricot shimmer, pale gold and bright rose-pink shimmer. All over Gossamer gives a beautiful flushed look with tones of pink and apricot. This Fusion Softlight will really warm the skin and awaked tired or pale skins. I reach for Gossamer when my skin is looking a little dull or when I want that ĎIím super healthyí glow, a really gorgeous product and possibly my favourite of the Fusions range.
As with the original Softlights the size is huge! At 9.5g they are over double the size of a Bobbi Brown blush and comfortably larger than Mac, Shu and Stilaís regular line blushers. They sit a mere .5 of a gram smaller than Macís Mineralized Skinfinishes, which are also known for their generous sizes. So swirling a large, fluffy brush around a Softlights Fusion pan is no problem at all.
I will definitely purchase again.
Click continue for pics-

continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by muddles

Gossamer was left cold storage for a few months until one fine day I decided to try it. Consisting of various shades of colour-hot pink,champagne,orange, brown and white, Gossamer appears as cool pink with subtle shimmers on my NC 15 skintone (swirl and sweep your brush across the different colour stripes).Very unique shade of pink I would say, somewhat different from the other colour blushes I own. Quality-wise is fine..Packaging could be improve, as I do not really like the idea of having to screw open the cover.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by divanana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My perfect summer blush color. Looks like you've spend a day or two on the beach. You can easily build this product too. I do use it for eye shadow and it looks so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Cland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of Smashbox Fusion blushes and I didn't think anything could really top my love for Guru, but Gossamer is even more perfect for my skin tone and less intense. It is my go-to color when I don't want to think about what color blush I am wearing as it is very versatile. Great pigmentation, nice color depth, lasting power. The only thing I could ask for is what the previous reviewer noted, which would be a compact rather than screw on lid - Smashbox desperately needs to work on the packaging of most of their items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was all set to give this a 4 - taking one lippie off for so-so packaging - but I just can't. The powder inside is just too wonderful. The shades are 5 stripes: bright pink, goldish-peach, deep peach, aubergine and white. Each has a glowy shimmer except the bright pink stripe, which also has some visible silver shimmer, although it doesn't look obvious on your skin. The colors look deeper than they apply to skin, and the white shade has a pink opalescent sheen to it - just gorgeous! The fact that these also can be used as e/s is a bonus, but I can't see myself using the aubergine and pink colors that way since I'm worried I'll get a rabbit-pink eye look. I love that I can sweep all 5 stripes for a rosey-peachy glow, or I can single out stripes to tailor the final color to my taste of the moment. I think for the price it should come with a flip-top and mirror, not screw top and no mirror. But the product inside makes up for what the packaging lacks.