July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - 513 - Wizard

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ScullyNess

Wet and Wild did what MAC didn't even manage to do completely well with their Blue Streak line they had out last year in 2007. MAC's blue was far far to sheer, this is a true dark straight up deep blue. Not sheer, it's not completely matte in color, it has a slightly silverish sheen very vaguely against the light. If you want to collect colors out of the normal mold of nudes, mauves, and pinks, Get this to add to your collection. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

I wear this whenever I get a chance as straight-up blue. Such an unusual color, and I didn't even have to go to a place like Hot Topic to get it. I like all the other WnW lipsticks in term of wearability, but this color seemed to be more long-wearing than the others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 9:36:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Click continue for product pics

Color: Dark royal blue.

Price: Under a dollar.

Packaging: Plastic silver tube w/ WnW logo and clear cap.

Scent/Taste: None.

Texture: A bit on the dry and waxy side.

Wear: So-so, nothing impressive but not dreadful.

Raves: For somebody who has a huge soft spot for funky colored makeup this was a huge score for me. I felt compelled to own it even if it was of no use for me. Being a dabbler in photography, it is at least there for photo purposes. But as the first reviewer noted, this lipstick is more useful for transforming other shades as well. So far I have put it under a ruby colored gloss and it transformed into this gorgeous deep wine color. I think when seeing products like this, this you have to think more creatively about using them than just "oh wow that's bizarre" or "that would only work for Halloween" or something like that. One of the reasons why I love makeup, you can find fun products and discover multi uses for them!

Rants: Well it is blue lol... so it isn't something one is probably going to get tons of use out of. The packaging is rather ugly. The waxy texture is poor and makes applying, even for use under another color a bit difficult.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I marked 'yes' as I would buy this again, although I don't see me ever really running out of it. I initially purchased this to wear with my Halloween costume (Dark Angel, did all blue m/u) and it worked really well as a violet-based dark blue lipstick. And it lasted for HOURS. I have not yet tried it as a deepener of my other shades (as the other reviewer stated) but I'm very excited to do so. I got this for 59 cents on sale, it usually runs about 99 cents so it's a steal! Fruit-scented and flavored, which is fine, although it did have a bit of waxy odor that I didn't care for. All in all a great lipstick for what I paid, and it did it's job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ladies, especially ladies who prefer cooler colors, don't let the blue in the tube scare you. IMO this isn't meant to be worn straight as lipstick, but rather, over colors to add drama or make them more wearable. i use this over hot pink to turn it from fuschia to magenta, or even more to turn it into boysenberry. over red, you can go from cherry to raspberry to blackberry. Wizard color turns pinks and reds into stunning berry colors, while Black Orchid turns them into wines.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No