October 22, 2014 | 1200 users online

Hair Color - Boots - Botanics Semi-Permanent Hair Colour

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sexySaria

Hi everyone, today i bought Spiced Conker and Warmed terracotta auburn semi-p botanics hair dye. i have med/dark brown hair, so i'm wondering what color my hair will turn out like??? i cant go too red either becos of skl , but i want a bit of a change.
also, if i use this dye, will my hair ever go back to its natural colour because i love my hair natural!? and does it damage the hair in any way??
which colour do u think will be most natural and less of a change for my first time dying my hair??
what colours does each one turn out like??
also, if i dont like the colour, can i immediately put another semi-p dye on top??
thanks Saria xx sorry for all the questions, but i really need your help!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

Well, this makes my hair ultra soft. It is nice to put on, smells nice and doesn't drip at all. Bottle could be a bit better designed but its ok. I didn't notice it but my friends say my hair was really shiny. Turned out darker than the picture. My hair is dark and I used spiced conker medium brown, it didn't lighten my hair at all like the box displayed it would, but gave it great depth and toned down my highlights. I would buy again and its a good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by greenling

I had to change my review.

I had been buying this dye for years now - naturally I'd have dark blonde hair and the Bitter Chocolate takes me to nearly-black.

However I think they changed the formula in Autumn 2011- the leaflet inside changed, certainly, and I started to get an allergic reaction from the dye.

Boots, if you're reading this - change it back, please!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair naturally is a dark blonde,that turns a mousey colour in the winter. I wanted to try a golden brown shade without having to worry about roots and damage to my hair. I chose the colour "baked nutmeg",which looked like a light golden brown with a tiny hint of red. It was only 6 euros! I did a sensitivity test and a strand test 48 hours before like the instructions tell you to. The instructions are really easy to follow and helpful. The box comes with 1) An instruction leaflet 2) Conditioning colour 3) Developing lotion 4) A conditioner for afterwards and 5) gloves for applying the dye. I would recommend asking a friend or sister or mother to help you with putting the dye in, to avoid patches or missing the roots at the back. After the dye was applied all over, i massaged it in for about 30 seconds. Then i left it in for 17-20 minutes. After this i combed my hair to get rid of knots and my friend helped to rinse it out. Then i applied the conditioner and left it in for 2 or 3 minutes. I rinsed it out thoroughly and blow dried my hair. I was nervous that it would turn out pink, as that's the colour it rinsed out as in the shower. But it turned out to be a gorgeous light to medium brown with golden highlights. I LOVE IT! My hair has never been as shiny. It feels like i just had a deep conditioning treatment, and it smells lovely as well. I can't comment on how long it lasts as i just put it in today, but i love it so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ethatsme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mousey brown/ dark blonde hair and went for the Dark burgundy brown, did the strand test (where you cut off a sample of your hair and dye that section to find out the developing time). I left it on for 15 mins, and my hair went purple, then another 5... still purple, another 5... still purple and half an hour later (10 more mins than your supposed to leave it on) it was purple. I don't dare use it!! don't buy this shade unless you want purple hair. any suggestions for good semi-permanent hair dyes?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves hair in excellent condition (so soft and glossy!), and absolutely no chemical smell. (Compared to other semi-perm colours - Casting for instance - which don't have ammonia, but still smell nasty.) Colour turns out a bit darker than shown on the box, so I'd go a shade lighter next time. Bottle of enclosed conditioner is pretty big. Conditioner feels a little watery, but works very well so that must not matter. Very inexpensive. As other reviewers say, the bottle for the developer/colour mixture is terrible: hard to squeeze, hard to get all the product out, can be messy if you're not careful. But otherwise, very good quality for great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Review for Sweet Maple - dark golden blonde

Before colouring I had some highlift tint highlights.

Easy to mix but the bottle is hard to squeeze and made my hand hurt getting the product out. I applied to dry clean hair and developed for 25 minutes. The product doesn't drip or stain the skin and has a very light clean fragrance, no chemical smell at all. It washed out easily and very clean, very minimal mess in the bathtub. The conditioner now comes in a tube with enough for 6 - 7 applications and is light and smells fresh.

The colour result was excellent. Virtually the same as the box but slightly warmer. My hair throws out a lot of red so my result is a little more golden but very pretty and natural looking.

Overall I am really impressed with this product. It smells lovely, covers well, good colour and leaves the hair smooth, shiny and soft. I would rate it as the same as a colour gloss at the salon but at a fraction of the price.

NB: If you have thick hair or hair below the shoulder, you will need 2 packs.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MarBah

Horrible product!!! Left my hair ORANGE for months, even though the shade on the box was a warm dark blonde!! Never really washed out! I recoloured my hair with a permanent dye. If you are looking for a good semo permanent, Natural Instincts is an excellent option, I loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this in two colours - the dark brown chocolate one and mahogonay one (can't remember the name). This really moisturises my hair and makes it very shiny and look thicker. I have naturally auburn hair which was very very damaged from straightening when I first used this (and thin as hair so dry and brittle lots had broken off) so I was very happy with how much healthier it made it look. The only downside is it lasts a lot longer than the 20 washes it says on the pack (for me it lasted more like 3 months). Even though lots of people compliment my hair with my natural colour some people prefered the colour when I died it with this,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by makeyouparticipate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in spicy brown and liked the result. didn't dry my hair. will buy again!