Awake Volumizing Mascara

4.7

on 3/2/2003 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the best voluminizing mascaras I have tried. I have to curl my lashes for about 5-10 minutes each, often even after heating the curler for a few seconds. Even after that, the majority of mascaras I've tried weigh them down and they lose their curl. Because voluminizing formulas tend to be heavier, I had had no luck whatsoever for a long time. The few I've tried were Bobbi Brown voluminizing and Aveda Mosscara, but this pumps up the lashes way more and keeps the curl all day. I love the rich black color and portable packaging. Great brush too.

on 4/10/2002 5:47:00 PM

The packaging is a bit cheesy on this mascara - gold painted plastic, but the formula inside is quite good. It's not as thick as most other thickening mascaras, and doesn't clump. The brush is a bit short, though. I've added this to my list of "come back to" mascaras.

on 4/7/2002 10:59:00 PM

I have been using this mascara on and off for a year and I always go back to it. For me, it lengthens and volumizes my long thin lashes. Still on the look out for the HR mascara (b/c I can't accept that I have found it), but so far this is pretty close.