August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aveeno - Skin Relief Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by attarius

I really like this body wash. I have sensitive and acne-prone body skin as well. I've used other sensitive body washes before but always felt irritated and developed small red bumps. When I switched to this product, I rarely, if at all, get these bumps (pimples I think) anymore and I am never irritated or red from this product. It has a traditional soapy smell and lathers well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive and very dry in the winter and this was nice and moisturizing when my skin was angry about the weather. It is not 100% fragrance free, but it did not irritate my skin. I was surprised that this did not get a high review on Paula's Choice, but I have had no problem with the product and I have been using it for about 6 - 7 months.

I may end up trying the regular Aveeno body wash since that got a good review on Paula's Choice, but I worry about the fragrance in that. (My skin is very sensitive to fragrances).

Anyways, if you have dry, itchy skin and every other soap and body wash makes your skin feel tight, try this. It may give you some relief.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by auntiec30

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have had problem skin and was diagnosed with a skin disorder that clogs my hair follicles with oil. It started first on my upper arms and then my legs, but now my face breaks out all of the time. I am allergic to mineral oil and any form of lanolin. I was so excited when I saw the review for this product until I read the ingredient list; sodium lauryl sulfate & propylene glycol both of which are a no-no for my skin. So now I'm back to the drawing board trying to find something that really is natural or organic with no harsh additives. Why do so many companies have to add all of the sulfates & parabens to their products when they know they are harmful to our skin?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff, I use it mostly on my legs that get so dry after shaving and it leaves them nice and soft. It also doesn't really have a smell to it, which I love because I dislike overly scented body washes/soaps. It's kind of pricey but it works. Worth it if you have dry, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by krmicmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail body wash!

I have sensitive dry skin which suffers from the occasional allergy break out. Because of this fact, I cannot use any body washes with fragrances. THIS body wash, however, is a life saver. It is super gentle, moisturizing and very cleansing. Also....worth every penny as it costs more than many of the washes I used to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love this body wash. I have very sensitive, dry skin, especially in the winter. Really like that it's fragrance free, and gentle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found out about this product from Angie/HotandFlashy on youtube. She recommended it very highly. I have come to value and trust her as a mature woman dealing with many of the same issues. As someone who has to deal with extremely dry, sensitive skin that can react to almost anything, I have to be careful with whatever products I use. The fact that this is fragrance free was very important to me. I decided to buy this on the basis of Angie's recommendation.

This product goes on smoothly and lathers up nicely. It's very soothing and does not cause any skin irritation at all. It's like a quencher for my thirsty, moisture starved skin. The only issue is that you have to be careful when you open the bottle because too much product can come out all at once. But that's just a minor thing. This product does its job well and doesn't aggravate my skin issues.

I had been using the Dove Body Wash for sensitive skin. I thought that there couldn't possibly be anything better. However, I actually like this product even more. My skin seems softer and smoother and more moisturized.

If not for Angie I would never have known about this little gem of a product. I bought it at Walmart for less than $8. So it's also a bargain. It is now my go-to body wash. I am happy and pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by NaturesKarma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently found out I have Plaque Psoriasis. It's on my legs. I like to switch brands every few months but whatever brand I'm using needs to be natural & moisturizing, the skin on my legs is very dry & sensitive. When I tried this I honestly couldn't believe how soft & moisturized my skin felt afterwards! It felt as if I'd put lotion on already. My skin felt relieved after first use. And you don't have to use a lot at all! A little honestly goes a long way so be careful when pouring it onto sponge because too much will easily come out. It would be nice for the hole to be smaller so that so much wouldn't come out. So yes this wash is moisturizing and gentle. I've used it on my face a few times. I have bad hyperpigmintation and so I'm using the Dermalogica Tri active cleanse to fade, it can be drying and harsh on the skin. To avoid drying out my skin about one or two evenings a week I use this and works just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this body wash a lot, along with the other Aveeno body washes. this one is the best as far as sensitive skin is concerned. I recently purchased an Olay body wash, it seemed to be fine. Then I developed a poison ivy rash and the Olay wash was just too irritating. I quickly ran out to repurchase this wash. It lathers well and is fragrance free and that is best since fragrance is very irritating to sensitive skin. I will continue to purchase this wash along with the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing and Aveeno Stress Relief (this one may be discontinued). I prefer these over the Aveeno Positively Nourishing line. I have used Dove, Olay, BBW, and Philosophy and I have no plans to stray again. I have very sensitive skin and I am just going to stick with what works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing bodywash for someone with "weird" skin like me. As a child I had eczema which I grew out of for the most part. In my early teens, I developed seborrheic dermatitis, which eventually turned into scalp psoriasis along the back of my hair line (I still have it). I also had perioral dermatitis when I was 19. Aside from all that, I do have to be moderately careful about what I put on my skin because certain products will make me itch and/or give me a rash. About six months ago I moved into a new house with my boyfriend, and our new house doesn't have a water softener. I don't know for sure if that's the only culprit but I do know that after about 2-3 weeks of showering in hard water, my scalp psoriasis was the absolute worst it's ever been, and my skin in general seemed to become more sensitive. I had a few very small patches of either eczema or psoriasis (they were so tiny I couldn't tell for sure) on my arm and back. I finally decided to give Aveeno products a try and I'm sure glad I did.

I started out by using their Active Naturals Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream instead of the heavily fragranced B&BW lotions I'd been using. Within a couple weeks, the itching and patches on my skin had greatly improved. More recently, I decided to try out their Skin Relief Body Wash. This has improved my skin even more, and the patches are completely gone. It leaves my skin feeling soft but not overly, grossly moisturized and it definitely doesn't leave a film. It feels just right. I realized just how well this product works for me when I, like an idiot, decided to try a Desert Organics body wash from my local organic store after my first bottle of Aveeno ran out. It was fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, etc., so I thought it would work just as well as the Aveeno. I was wrong. After just one day of using it I had itchy spots on my legs and especially my lower back. Needless to say, I'm going back to Aveeno. My only complaint about this product is that it contains sodium laureth sulfate. I *do not* like sulfates (and neither does my skin, usually) and try to avoid it in everything. But for whatever reason, it doesn't cause any problems in this body wash. I will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No