April 19, 2014 | 1853 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Smoothing Body Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by romydsch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think there is a specific product called Skin Smoothing Body Scrub anymore, this review is for the Aveeno Positively Radiant Exfoliating Body Wash. I really like this as a gentle scrub on my sensitive and fair skin. It seems to keep my mild KP at bay when I scrub with this and use an AHA/BHA lotion (currently using up the last of my Garden Botanika Skin Renewing Body Lotion which has been discontinued, going to look for a replacement soon).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by 98gaucho

I am undecided about this scrub. It's really thick so I have a hard time spreading it with a loofah or washcloth. The consistency is weird, sort of jelly-like but with exfoliation particles. I do like the smell of this stuff - vanilla almond. And it does get the job done in terms of exfoliation. I'm not sure I would repurchase though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not particulary fond of this body scrub. Although I think it smells very nice (like most Aveeno products ), I'm not wild about the consistency of this. I'm not exactly sure how this is a smoothing body scrub because the graunule thingies in this are microscopic and sparse. This is a very, very, very mild scrub. Instead of being called a body scrub, I think this would be better marketed as a facial scrub geared towards individuals with sensitive skin. One of the good things about this scrub is that it seems to be quite moisturizing. It does have jojoba beads in it which is pretty nice. I could see how someone with extremely sensitive skin might appreciate this. It is just not for me. I prefer something a little more exfoliating, like the scrubs from Queen Helene.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by AJRD222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only body scrub that doesnn't irritate or break out my sensitive skin. I love to use it as an exfoliant before I self-tan. This is a wonderful product for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by girltak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the smell of this product. I also love how moisturizing this is...but I didn't find it grainy enough for me. I would repurchase this again for the winter season but that's about it. For those of you who were looking to clear up some bacne, I would suggest trying the clear complexion foaming cleanser...that works great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lefeeverte

I adore this scrub, and this is why: I have suffered from cystic acne on my back and sometimes shoulders and now it is gone! I have been on oral medications, and tried spot treatments and body washes for this purpose, but this is the only thing that did the trick. I also love the way it exfoliates and how I can see and feel the smooth difference after using it. It is gentle and moisturizng enough to use daily. I also enjoy the smell, which is light and almond-like. I have been repurchasing and will continue to do so! One of my staples and I'm very picky(having tried everything!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fantastic mild scrub. I do wish that the scrub contained more grains, as I do seem to go through the product very quickly, however I can also say that it is suitable for daily use. Perfect for travel when one does not want to worry about a wet loofah or washcloth in the suitcase. What I like most is the scrub's creamy base, which is incredibly moisturising, and its mild almond scent. Definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore the flip-top tube packaging! So convenient and un-messy.

This scrub is gentle yet effective, can be found at the drugstore, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I use it daily on my keratosis pilaris, and combined with urea lotion, it's made a huge difference in the texture and redness.

I'd definitely recommend this. If you don't have sensitive skin, you could most likely use this on your face without problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2004 1:24:00 PM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boy, I strongly disagree with all the rave reviews here.

This scrub is NOT scrubby at all! AT ALL!

The texture is horrible, and somewhat mucus-like.

The scent is soft, but not particularly pleasant.

I'm using it up by mixing it with my EXCELLENT BBB&B foot scrub. It adds just a little extra slip that is nice with the pumice foot scrub.

Yucky product, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 2:50:00 PM More reviews by dmartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a decently priced cleansing body scrub that I use for everyday. Love the scent too.
Big rave for a 'drugstore' product...perfect for when I run out of my Asquith & Somerset Sugar Scrubs~