April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by juliaday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm halfway through my second bottle of this and I think it is my HG cleanser at last - it's certainly the closest I've come so far.

Pros:
- I loved the consistency of this product. I like foaming cleansers best on my oily skin but I find most of them dry it out; this was gentle and light enough to leave my skin feeling soft and balanced, but still foamy enough to get my makeup off without using a wipe beforehand. It comes in a pump bottle and the cleanser is in a foam straight away when you put it out, so there's no need to lather it up in your hands before application (I do a little bit anyway, though).

- One light pump is all I need to just cleanse my bare skin, two if I'm wearing a bb or other light makeup, two hard pumps if I'm wearing longlasting formula foundation or heavy makeup for nighttime. So despite the fact that it's a small enough bottle (not much bigger than my hand stretched out) it lasts me about four months.

- I bought this because I have blemish prone skin and had been reading up a lot about skincare on Paula's Choice Beautypedia, and I loved the ingredient list for this product; very gentle detergents, lots of soothing aloe, Vitamins C and E, and not much else.
I started to see a dermatologist a couple of months before I started using this product and he put me on a really strong course of antibiotics and a topical gel as a last step before Roaccutane. Two months into the course and I was seeing improvement; I wasn't getting those awful, under-the-skin lumps like I used to, but I still had lots of smaller bumps and blemishes.
I really think this cleanser was the push my skin needed. Since I started using it my skin has completely cleared up and I've even been getting compliments about how it looks and actually had people ask about my skincare routine, which feels amazing. (I use this cleanser, follow with The Body Shop Aloe toner if I've been wearing makeup, and then use Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30. Every day and night, religiously.)

Cons:
- I would only recommend this to people with oily skin. Even if you have combination skin, you should probably stick to gels as opposed to foaming cleansers like this. While this does, as I said above, leave my skin feeling soft and balanced, if I don't follow up with moisturiser within about five minutes it's start to feel rougher and can even get a bit flaky. My skin is oily, but not extremely so, so I imagine that anyone with drier skin than mine could potentially find this too drying on their skin.

- I think I pay around fourteen euro for this in The Body Shop in Ireland, which is at the expensive end of high street cleansers. For me it's been worth it to find something my skin likes at last, but the price would obviously put some people off.

Bottom Line: If you have oily skin, particularly oily sensitive, and PARTICULARLY oily sensitive blemish-prone skin, definitely definitely try this. I haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I use it at night on my sensitive/reactive/rosacea skin and it doesn't irritate my skin or dry me out. I tried using the Simple foaming cleanser as a cheaper replacement but it just doesn't compare. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by verkkis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is one of the best cleansers I have ever had! I have a sensitive skin, but still get lots of impurities, blackheads and pimples! Due to that I double cleanse my skin every evening and use this product after cleansing my make up first. I also use this product with Clarisonic Mia 2, whenever I use it and they work perfectly together. This product always feels soft on the skin and doesn't dry or irritate my skin at all. It is also very affordable and lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic morning face wash to use, but if using as a make up remover... for me personally its not enough on its own. I need to cleanse first with a wipe off one then this after to double cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Cerla

By far the best gentle skin cleanser I've ever used. There is no scent and it doesn't foam up like shampoo...both bonuses in this product.

The Body Shop has frequent sales on this product line and since I purchased both bottles on sale it was a great deal. It's very expensive when it's not on sale so one lipstick off for that. Also, one lipstick off for the fact that one of the bottles leaked even when I turned it as tightly as I could.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really, really enjoyed this product. It feels great on your skin and it cleanses in a super gentle way without heavy build up or dryness. Does exactingly what it says on the bottle.

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I realized I don't even have sensitive skin so I'm going to change to a different range.

If you have sensitive skin I would 100% recommend you to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is a lovely gorgeous cleanser. This is from the body shop and it comes in a pump bottle, so the cleanser is a liquid but comes out foamy. This is great on my skin, leaves it soft and smooth. I used up about 5 bottles of this years ago, but financially this was expensive for a cleanser. So i switched to Paula's choice skin recovery, cause I can buy it in bulk. I will always still really like this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't too impressed with this face wash. It is a very basic cleanser for sensitive skin; it doesn't cause any breakouts or dry out your face and there's no initial purging but I also felt like it didn't thoroughly cleanse my skin either since I had to use makeup remover before using this so that I wasn't left with any eyeliner or mascara on my eyes. On certain days I tend to wash my face 3x or more (once in the morning, once before I workout so I don't sweat with all my makeup on, and once at night) and on these days I'll use the aloe cleanser for my mid day face wash since it isn't very harsh and I don't want to dry out my skin. I did like the foaming dispenser since it takes the effort out of lathering the face wash with your hands and the slight scent it has isn't bad either. However, I will definitely not repurchase this since I feel as though there are much better basic face washes at a cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

About as effective as washing with glycerin soap, but with what I can only call a sort of “green” equivalent of new car smell attached. Tried using daily for 3 weeks and was able to keep it up for 2 days per week. Very bumpy cheeks, chin and forehead coming up 2 – 5 hours following each wash and staying for about half a day afterwards with no benefit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by MrsRupee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This Aloe Vera Facial Wash face is a pleasure to use. It cleanses my skin really smoothly. My skin looks radiant and feels as smooth as silk. Even in winter I don’t feel any stretch or dryness on my skin. It’s smooth to touch and refreshes my skin like no other face wash. I recommend the Aloe Vera facial wash very strongly.