I was recommended the Aloe line from The Body Shop after their Vitamin E line trashed my skin. I chose the foaming version of the cleanser because I prefer to cleanse in the shower and a foaming cleanser is more practical for that. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't dry it out and irritate it. It also doesn't really do anything amazing for my skin though. So for that reason I'd rather find a cleanser that can help clear up my skin as well.
Review for the foam version. I really like this product but it runs out fast. It has alcohol smell but it still works great on my dry skin. No more eczema and dry patches on face. Give it 4 stars because it is slightly expensive. It will be better if the price is cheaper.
I think this is an okay cleanser....but one thing that i dun like about it is da i can't seem to rince it off my face no matter what i do.........it leaves residue and many times when i put toner on my hand and rubs my hands together to apply onto my face, i will see foams on my hands from the residue of this cleanser....but again my face is super sensitive and doesn't tolerate most items i have tried......this one is okay so far until i find something better....
Super gentle to my skin and i love the idea that this is a foaming cleanser. I have a combination skin and this works well for me. However, i don't think this really removes makeup. When i wash my face every night with this face wash, i think there is still some foundation left, so i need to use a cleansing wipes before using this. This is a great facial wash, but if you're looking for a face wash that removes makeup, this won't do the trick.
After a year of using La roche posay toleriane, i've been struggling to find a facial cleanser with a similar effect, since LRP is not available in the country i live in.. I tried cetaphil but it just didnt work out with my skin.. Then i found this product and it's been a week and im very pleased with the result.. My skin is clean, no break outs, doesnt get dry. One pump is enough . overall i think this product can finally replace LRP and it's less pricey (yay) :) totally recommended..
I'm halfway through my second bottle of this and I think it is my HG cleanser at last - it's certainly the closest I've come so far.
- I loved the consistency of this product. I like foaming cleansers best on my oily skin but I find most of them dry it out; this was gentle and light enough to leave my skin feeling soft and balanced, but still foamy enough to get my makeup off without using a wipe beforehand. It comes in a pump bottle and the cleanser is in a foam straight away when you put it out, so there's no need to lather it up in your hands before application (I do a little bit anyway, though).
- One light pump is all I need to just cleanse my bare skin, two if I'm wearing a bb or other light makeup, two hard pumps if I'm wearing longlasting formula foundation or heavy makeup for nighttime. So despite the fact that it's a small enough bottle (not much bigger than my hand stretched out) it lasts me about four months.
- I bought this because I have blemish prone skin and had been reading up a lot about skincare on Paula's Choice Beautypedia, and I loved the ingredient list for this product; very gentle detergents, lots of soothing aloe, Vitamins C and E, and not much else.
I started to see a dermatologist a couple of months before I started using this product and he put me on a really strong course of antibiotics and a topical gel as a last step before Roaccutane. Two months into the course and I was seeing improvement; I wasn't getting those awful, under-the-skin lumps like I used to, but I still had lots of smaller bumps and blemishes.
I really think this cleanser was the push my skin needed. Since I started using it my skin has completely cleared up and I've even been getting compliments about how it looks and actually had people ask about my skincare routine, which feels amazing. (I use this cleanser, follow with The Body Shop Aloe toner if I've been wearing makeup, and then use Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30. Every day and night, religiously.)
- I would only recommend this to people with oily skin. Even if you have combination skin, you should probably stick to gels as opposed to foaming cleansers like this. While this does, as I said above, leave my skin feeling soft and balanced, if I don't follow up with moisturiser within about five minutes it's start to feel rougher and can even get a bit flaky. My skin is oily, but not extremely so, so I imagine that anyone with drier skin than mine could potentially find this too drying on their skin.
- I think I pay around fourteen euro for this in The Body Shop in Ireland, which is at the expensive end of high street cleansers. For me it's been worth it to find something my skin likes at last, but the price would obviously put some people off.
Bottom Line: If you have oily skin, particularly oily sensitive, and PARTICULARLY oily sensitive blemish-prone skin, definitely definitely try this. I haven't looked back.
Love this product. I use it at night on my sensitive/reactive/rosacea skin and it doesn't irritate my skin or dry me out. I tried using the Simple foaming cleanser as a cheaper replacement but it just doesn't compare. Will definitely repurchase.
I think this is one of the best cleansers I have ever had! I have a sensitive skin, but still get lots of impurities, blackheads and pimples! Due to that I double cleanse my skin every evening and use this product after cleansing my make up first. I also use this product with Clarisonic Mia 2, whenever I use it and they work perfectly together. This product always feels soft on the skin and doesn't dry or irritate my skin at all. It is also very affordable and lasts forever!
Fantastic morning face wash to use, but if using as a make up remover... for me personally its not enough on its own. I need to cleanse first with a wipe off one then this after to double cleanse.
By far the best gentle skin cleanser I've ever used. There is no scent and it doesn't foam up like shampoo...both bonuses in this product.
The Body Shop has frequent sales on this product line and since I purchased both bottles on sale it was a great deal. It's very expensive when it's not on sale so one lipstick off for that. Also, one lipstick off for the fact that one of the bottles leaked even when I turned it as tightly as I could.
Will definitely repurchase.