December 22, 2014 | 871 users online

Fragrances - Bobbi Brown - Beach

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought the Beach Body Oil last week at Macy's & fell totally in lurrrrvvvve! So I can't afford a normal sized bottle right now w Xmas coming up & all, but I had a $20 VIB gift card come in the mail so I did not hesitate to buy the Beach rollerball (& Nakeds basics 1 fwiw plus I used points to get a Smashbox lipgloss & a D&G delux sample for men I will give my daddy as an Xmas gift amongst many other items! & 3 samples. Sorry I don't order off sephora or go there much so it's a big deal to me when I get something off them! :) ), I just adore this fragrance, but it's financially unfeasible for me atm other than the body oil & roller ball but luckily for me u don't need to apply much. My mom called it "too strong," it -is- potent which is the way I like my perfumes to be, to proceed me in a hallway or waiting room & my scent to linger after I've walked away (probably totally weird!), I want people to smell it on me when they hug me or lift my hand to shake it & layering the oil w the EDP seems to go do that. The bottle is a regular sized rollerball bottle w a rollerball dauber I think it was ~USD$25 approx. I love fresh scents, this co mingles with sand, sea, gardenia, & the warmth of the sun, perfect for winter to use as a reminder of the promise of care free summer days lurking ahead just out of reach, but a promise is a promise luckily I would wear this year around. I can't explain how much I love this scent, it's inexplicable how much I adore it. It's sophisticated & a little boozy, evoking the image of going to a bonfire after dark at the beach, drinking cold beer, roasting hot dogs & marshmallows long into the night the sand & scent of the salty breeze, good times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried it in Sephora. Would not buy it - don't like anything about it at all (and I'm a Bobbi fan). It isnt the fresh great scent I was hoping for - more just sunscreen and not special. I will go back to Fresh "Sugar" which is my current favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by carboholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this fragrance. It is a casual, carefree, and inoffensive scent. It is beachy, but not tropical (more on this in a second). On me I get jasmine, warm sand, and sea breeze. I don't get the Coppertone vibe that others mention but it may be that I don't remember what Coppertone smells like! When I asked a relative for her opinion (she didn't know what fragrance it was) she said she smelled jasmine and that it smelled nice. As I said before this is beachy but not tropical... I was recently on Martha's Vineyard and on the ferry down there with the waves lapping around the boat I was reminded of this scent. I associate it with being on the beach or water on the east coast rather than getting a tropical beach vibe. It is a lovely fragrance and I'm glad I picked it up. Staying power is maybe 6ish hours and then it starts to fade. It comes in a rollerball now which is convenient if you like to reapply later in the day or if you don't want to commit to a full bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Sequin101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you close your eyes and smell this, it will definitely take you to the beach-- because it smells exactly like Coppertone! Fun to wear on a cloudy day if you want some cheeryness, but not a very flattering perfume. You just end up smelling like you're wearing sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried Beach for a, well, beach-ey scent but this is not it for me. I do smell Coppertone sunscreen and while it's not unpleasant I don't want to smell like it. What I was hoping for is a salty note that I am missing in this one. So no buy from me, but I did get lucky with Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela, highly recommend that one - see separate review if interested.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Don't understand why u would want to smell like good smelling sunscreen.. Kinda weird, smells alright but not worth the price to me .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells EXACTLY like the Coppertone suntan lotion I used as a preteen. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing scent! Totally reminds me of the beach...can't get enough of this stuff! I plan on wearing it every day this summer...that I'm not at the beach of course :) This one's a classic that I will always have with me. Also love the scrub and lotion for layering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Beach EDP is very nice, and I really enjoy it, but it doesn't speak "Coppertone" to me, like it seems to for everybody else. I'm certainly old enough to remember the scent of Coppertone, but I don't get any flashbacks or sunscreen impression from it at all, really. Any possible connections like that for me would have to be subliminal or on an unconscious level.

"Misty" is my impression. I get an "early morning mist" feel from it -- like a soft dewy shower-steam or fog.

There is a water association for sure -- not sure it's necessarily the beach, for me -- but it's like water & air & warmth & musk. More like a "grey" water scent than a "blue" water scent, if that makes any sense. It's smooth, restful, languid, soothing, easy, peaceful, smile-inducing. Not dry, not crisp, not scratchy or sharp at all. Kind of a smooth, calming ahhhh scent. And also freeing -- it gives me an expansive sense of openness, release, & wide-open fresh-airy spaces.

It kind of reminds me of Abercrombie & Fitch 8 for Women a little bit -- soft, misty-grey, warm, watery, musky. A little bit on the plain or meh side -- not much "flavor" -- it's very safe and inoffensive to wear -- and it's just -- nice! I find it comforting & soothing, like the olfactory equivalent of rubbing a polished grey glass stone. It's an EDP -- quite strong -- & it lasts very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MarinerGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My year-round fragrance is philosophy's Amazing Grace -- so I am a light fragrance girl. This Spring I wanted to mix it up for a change of pace so I tried a Beach sample on recommendation from another beauty board. Wow -- immediate memories from high school, summer vacations and care-free times. As others have said lots of Coppertone scent plus an essence of sand/surf. It makes me very happy. So my new summer routine is Amazing Grace emulsion lotion followed by a (very) light spritz of Beach. The combo is fresh and light hearted.