Bobbi Brown Beach

3.7

on 7/18/2015 12:24:00 AM

I have this in the roller ball format. It smells just like Coppertone Sunscreen and instantly takes me to Myrtle Beach, SC. I spent every summer there, after traveling 16 hours in a car, and constantly slathered in sunscreen. When I smell this it takes me to the waves and the hot sun and the pier with the little ice cream shop. I've never had just a scent memory like this one and will most likely keep buying as long as it remains the same.

The perfect beachy, summer fragrance, with no hint of coconut like most beachy perfumes. Even if it does smell like straight copper tone to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Beach takes a few minutes to settle down from it’s chemical-perfumey, jasmine blast of an opening…it reminds me a lot of Kai or Child at this point…and I’m not a fan. After about fifteen minutes, I start getting some sea salt (like straight out of the ocean on a bright day kind of salt), then the “suntan lotion” finally kicks in and Beach finally becomes something enjoyable. Yes, very evocative of the beach. It’s the really great beach scent that you can’t get enough of, the salt, the sweat the suntan lotion all mixed together…when it still smells amazing…before it gets too old and turns rank. Beach is a great summer perfume, best worn from the end of June to the end of August. It smells thin and almost chemically to me, as opposed to a richer scent. It stays fairly close and it’s longevity is about six hours on my skin. But because Beach is so limited for me (in terms of wearing it throughout the year and it’s longevity), it’s only worthy of the rollerball, not full bottle. Monyette Paris is my favorite summertime scent and has more wearability throughout the year, luckily, these two perfumes play well together.

on 5/16/2015 11:49:00 PM

Did I get a bad bottle? Like 99% of the reviews I read said this smelled like Coppertone. Like the coconutty, yummy smell that I think about before I knew that tanning beds were bad for your health. No folks, what I got was some chemically cluster of floral, like Bobbi Brown herself stuffing a bottle of perfume with Jasmine and calling it the beach scent. Now I don't know about you, but I have never been to a beach with that wreaked of Jasmine. Ever. Please try before you buy. Please. Pretty please?

LOVE this product. Been wearing it for 6 years now and cannot find anything I like better. I'm not into heavy scents, not into powdery scents. This is light, bright, fun, cheerful and provokes excitement. Not happy that price went up last year from 50$USD to 72$USD.

on 12/9/2014 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought the Beach Body Oil last week at Macy's & fell totally in lurrrrvvvve! So I can't afford a normal sized bottle right now w Xmas coming up & all, but I had a $20 VIB gift card come in the mail so I did not hesitate to buy the Beach rollerball (& Nakeds basics 1 fwiw plus I used points to get a Smashbox lipgloss & a D&G delux sample for men I will give my daddy as an Xmas gift amongst many other items! & 3 samples. Sorry I don't order off sephora or go there much so it's a big deal to me when I get something off them! :) ), I just adore this fragrance, but it's financially unfeasible for me atm other than the body oil & roller ball but luckily for me u don't need to apply much. My mom called it "too strong," it -is- potent which is the way I like my perfumes to be, to proceed me in a hallway or waiting room & my scent to linger after I've walked away (probably totally weird!), I want people to smell it on me when they hug me or lift my hand to shake it & layering the oil w the EDP seems to go do that. The bottle is a regular sized rollerball bottle w a rollerball dauber I think it was ~USD$25 approx. I love fresh scents, this co mingles with sand, sea, gardenia, & the warmth of the sun, perfect for winter to use as a reminder of the promise of care free summer days lurking ahead just out of reach, but a promise is a promise luckily I would wear this year around. I can't explain how much I love this scent, it's inexplicable how much I adore it. It's sophisticated & a little boozy, evoking the image of going to a bonfire after dark at the beach, drinking cold beer, roasting hot dogs & marshmallows long into the night the sand & scent of the salty breeze, good times.

on 10/5/2014 8:45:00 PM

Tried it in Sephora. Would not buy it - don't like anything about it at all (and I'm a Bobbi fan). It isnt the fresh great scent I was hoping for - more just sunscreen and not special. I will go back to Fresh "Sugar" which is my current favorite.

on 7/25/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you close your eyes and smell this, it will definitely take you to the beach-- because it smells exactly like Coppertone! Fun to wear on a cloudy day if you want some cheeryness, but not a very flattering perfume. You just end up smelling like you're wearing sunscreen.

on 7/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried Beach for a, well, beach-ey scent but this is not it for me. I do smell Coppertone sunscreen and while it's not unpleasant I don't want to smell like it. What I was hoping for is a salty note that I am missing in this one. So no buy from me, but I did get lucky with Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela, highly recommend that one - see separate review if interested.

Don't understand why u would want to smell like good smelling sunscreen.. Kinda weird, smells alright but not worth the price to me .

on 7/18/2014 10:16:00 PM

It smells EXACTLY like the Coppertone suntan lotion I used as a preteen. LOVE IT!

Popular Fragrances