April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Fragrances - Bobbi Brown - Beach

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This instantly cheers me up-it's a dead ringer for Coppertone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This to me smells exactly like the beach. Not a perfume I would ever think to buy or wear, but I sprayed it on today at Sephora and am really loving how it smells on me. I smell saltwater, sand, copper tone, a breeze. It is so nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I tried this (a sample) based on reviews elsewhere and it was a huge disappointment. Nothing coconutty and summery like I had expected. It smelled very powdery and floral. Didn't care for it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Blondiebec

Went to John Lewis today to finally get a spritz of this perfume. Yuck!! I was expecting a warm, tropical coconut smell with a hint of saltiness. Too me it smells nothing like the beach at all. Just a lot of chemicals all put together wrongly. Glad I tried before I bought. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

Bought this blindly purely on a recommendation, I can't buy this scent or any of the range here in Bahrain so I ordered from the UK. Let me start by saying that I had imagined this scent all wrong! I was incorrectly expecting something reminiscent of Estée Lauder bronze goddess, in my mind there are absolutely no similarities. I can't vouch for the coppertone suntan lotion resemblance having never smelt that, but there are definitely white florals and a very faint aquatic note to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this fragrance but I was expecting something entirely different so it's taken some getting used too. I much prefer this fragrance a few hours into wearing it, it settles into being something really quite comforting. Will I repurchase, probably not! it's not easy for me to get hold of and I can see this bottle lasting a while because I'm not wearing it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by afartherroom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not an exact copy of the smell of vintage Coppertone (for that, try CB I Hate Perfume's At the Beach 1966) but rather, Coppertone as seen (smelled?) through a hazy filter of nostalgia. The suntan lotion here has been cleaned up a bit, made more presentable, prettified. That high, nasal, chemical sunscreen edge is still in evidence, of course (after all, if it were entirely absent, then how would you even recognize this as suntan lotion?), but it's been toned way down, allowing the scent that the functional perfumers responsible for the smell of Coppertone were probably actually aiming for to come through more cleanly. And what scent is that, once you strip some of the chemical edge away? What's Coppertone, once it takes off its glasses and lets its hair down? Well, it's primarily jasmine and orange blossom, with a complementary citrus up top. ("Why, Miss Coppertone! You're floral!")

This is a simple scent, and those who tire easily of jasmine or who have a low tolerance for white florals in general may find it just a little bit cloying after a while. It's not entirely linear, though: after a few hours, the flat mineral smell of dry sand finally puts in an appearance -- I had thought that it wasn't going to show at all, but just when I'd given up on the 'sand' note, there it was! The other beachy scents the notes claim, however, elude me. I can't smell any salt water or sea breeze in here at all. That's okay, though: the suntan lotion associations are strong enough that my imagination can halfway fill them in for me anyway.

As beach nostalgia scents go, I far prefer the photorealism of At the Beach 1966, but this is certainly a cheerful summery fragrance, and I'm sure that it will bring a smile to many faces. Longevity is good -- this one can certainly see you through an 8-hour workday -- and it stays politely close to the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My obsession of the moment is all things beachy. Summer is winding down and i really wanted a fragrance that captured that time at the beach. What I like about this fragrance is that it's not a tropical scent, it's exactly like a day at the beach but a little cleaner. Evokes copper tan sun lotion, sea spray, and hints of jasmine. Its just a wonderful scent if that's what you're going for.

The packaging is nothing special but this is a minimalist fragrance so simple packaging works best anyhow. One lippie off for the high price and only semi-descent staying power. Otherwise, I just love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mugdhap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, this scent smells just like the original copper tone lotion I used to use when I was a kid in the 70's. reminds me of the beach. I think it's a perfect summer scent-warm, floral, slightly oily if that makes any sense. I've repurchased this twice and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just got my Beach perfume delivered to the office today, I could not be more happy with it! The summer weather in Montreal has been literally non-existent. We've had non-stop rain and wind and fall-like weather. I ordered this perfume because I could not afford to go on vacation this year and I needed a good summer pick me up! When I'm wearing it, I feel like I am on vacation! It smells sweet and exactly like the beach. I pick up faint aquatic notes like salt water but also very light floral and a sunscreeny scent. It's just what I needed for this summer and I'm very happy to own it now.
It's not too overpowering or heavy and very fresh and clean feeling. Everyone around me has good things to say about it as well. I'm drinking coconut water and the sun is coming out, with this perfume on, I feel like summer is finally here :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells like the name "beachy" this scent reminds me of suntan lotion on a hot summer day. Doesn't smell like coconut or hawaiian tropic products but more like a mixture of nivea cream and floral suntan lotion. This also smells very similar to Yankee Candle's sun & sand, if you like that one, you will love this! I give it one lippie off because of the staying power, the packaging is nothing special and for me it's hard to find (europe) because BB counters keep telling me this is not available so I have gotten a tester bottle from a nice SA for free but I would buy it again if I can find it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No