October 23, 2014 | 1180 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Petrie03

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried some of their other lip balms so I was expecting about the same from this one as well. First off, it's PINK!!!!!! No joke. The lip balm itself is a vivid bright pink, but don't let that scare you. The first time I used it I noticed immediately that it does stain your lips(which I usually do not like). I wore it to school by itself(I tend to do that) and it left a nice subtle pink that lasted for three hours, considering it is a lip balm-that's impressive. This one is lighter than the other ones I've tried, which is a little disappointing cause it wears off easy and fast. It also has a strange tingle or just refreshing feel when worn. It also has an AMAZING smell. Overall I like the product and it is good for those who like to have something on their lips without feeling heavy or a fan of tinted lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by kapeluszkaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first product from Burt's Bees. It is so great, I would never expected this. A little bit goes a long way, it moisturizes and makes my lips look natural and pretty. I think it gives tini-tiny colour payoff but I don't know, maybe it's just me :) Love this - worth to try ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Compared to the original: more slippery, but not as moisturizing. I've had the tube for years and find myself only reaching for it when there is nothing else in sight.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a okay product. i got it in a travel size kit. it helped my lips some, but my lips arent like incredibly soft but theyre not super dry anymore. when i apply this, its sorta hard to apply. it feels really waxy. i like carmex better but this could work for other people so you could give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It smelled sort of fruity and planty and had this bright magenta colour. I had to use a ton for my extremely dry eczema ridden lips, but that turned them super bright! Aside from that, it was quite greasy and didn't actually soak in to my lips very much. The rest of the lip balm that didn't soak in wore off and stained nearly everything that came close to me magenta. It didn't lock in any moisture and gave my lips a tiny bit of hydration. Unfortunately, the small bit of hydration it did give my lips evaporated away anyway. The scent and packaging was the best part of this lip balm, but nothing else.
Take care and happy balming everyone! :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- none

CONS

- scent
- doesn't moisturize
- greasy

COMMENTS: First thing I noticed was the scent! It smells terrible! It's very medicinal and it lingers on the lips for a while. It's also greasy in texture and doesn't moisturize.

Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

Out of all the Burt's Bees lip balms I've tried, this is my least favourite. I don't feel that it moisturizes well, nor does it smell like pomegranate, at all. It contains pomegranate oil, which contributes to it's oily feel upon my lips, but for me, it just sits upon my lips. I don't feel it sinking in and moisturizing. Also, once the product has rubbed off of my lips, they're immediately dry. What's the point of trying to replenish my lips every hour with a balm that doesn't work(?!?!). Very disappointed and frankly surprised about this particular product as other fave lip balm is a Burt's Bees brand chapstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before the grapefruit one was released, this was my favorite of the Burt's Bees lip balms. It has a little bit of a red tint to it, which adds just a little bit of color. It smells really good. It is one of the more oily of the Burt's Bees lip balms, and it is very moisturizing. It is one of the lip balms that I go through the fastest.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I've been a fan of Burt's Bees original Peppermint lip balms for years. I love the mint scent the most of all BB lip balms. I've tried a lot of the popular lip balms out there from Softlips, Blistex, Smith's Rosebud Salve, C.O.Bigealow, Vaseline Lip Therapy, Nivea Lip Butter lip balm, NYX Lip Butter Lip balm, and more. I have to say I love Burt's Bees and it will always be a favorite. I've had it in the stick and tin pot form.

I've tried other scents like the Honey one and nothing quite replaces the spot of the original one for me. I have to say my least favorites is the Honey and this Replenishing Lip balm with Pomegranate Oil. The Pomegranate scent was what sparked my curiousity and since it came in a set with the Lemon Butter Cuticle cream, I thought what the heck, let's try it. I forgot I had bought a set that had the original, and this pomegranate one and the acai berry one. So yeah I threw out the Pomegranate one that I tried and will probably give away the 2nd one that I have not opened.

I strongly dislike this pomegranate one. It has a particularly strong medicated oil smell. It kind of feels like it's burning my lips. I don't feel soothed by it. I don't feel like it replenishes my lips. It just sits there on my lips and I had to just wipe it off and toss it to the trash after trying it twice. No. It's just not my cuppa tea. It may work for some people, but it's just not for me. I have the Mango Butter one and it's okay, but this pomegranate one just made me dislike it so much. I regret buying just as much as I regret getting the Honey one a few years back. The Pomegranate and the Honey one is just too strong of a scent for ME. I hate them with a passion. Don't ever want to buy them again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I cannot stand the smell or feel of Chapstick, I don't find the minty tingle of mentholated or "medicated" lip balms to be comfortable or beneficial to my lips, and I really don't want a lip balm with petroleum (which seems to be almost all of them). So when I came across Burt's Bees and read the ingredients list I was happy to pay the extra cost. I paid AU$6.95 per tube.

I only had enough money for 2 when I was at the shop and to be honest I was a little overwhelmed at the range of products available, so spent a good 10 minutes reading ingredients and comparing tubes. There were no descriptions next to each tube display, so to pick one you had to read the ingredients or just go for a scent you like. I ended up buying this Pomegranate one because I liked the natural ingredients and really liked the scent.

The tube was sealed with an easy peel safety sticker, so I didn't actually get to smell it but it's not hard to imagine the scent. I really appreciate the safety seal on the packaging, considering these balms are free standing on display. The sticker peels off really smoothly and doesn't leave a sticky residue on the tube. That's my #1 hate with product packaging - a sticker that takes the name of the product off with it, or leaves a sticky residue that attracts everything in your handbag.

This Pomegranate lip balm is moisturising on the lips, it offers instant hydrating relief to dry or chapped lips when applied without feeling greasy or slick, and also doesn't feel too thick and waxy. The moisture does hang around for a while after the balm wears off, and this fact alone completely justifies the higher price for me. The 2 BB balms I've tried are like moisturiser for my lips, even this one that isn't as hydrating.

I don't find this to be as hydrating as the other one I bought (Mango Butter), but after checking the product descriptions on the BB website it turns out this one offers a hint of colour. I hadn't noticed, so I applied it in front of the mirror and sure enough, it provides a really subtle berry tint to the lips. Very pretty, and extremely natural looking and subtle.

I think the tint is why this lip balm isn't as hydrating as others, and is the reason I won't repurchase it. It's not a bad lip balm at all, much better than other tinted and non tinted balms out there, but I just want a plain untinted balm that will hydrate my lips. I'll continue to use this til it's finished and try a different variation.