Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have oily skin this will not last on your face for more than 4 hours. It started to flake off and settle in to my pores. For a 35 dollar price tag, I expect my powder foundation to not do this. Even cheap cover girl's powder foundation lasts on skin longer than this. Will be returning.

on 3/9/2015 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I decided to try out a high end powder foundation and went for the Duo Mat after reading such great reviews. This powder is in a sleek magnetic closure packaging with a cute half size mirror and sponge under the powder. I got the color 203 and it matches my light-medium skin perfectly. The staying power is average on my combo-oily skin but I don't think it controlled my oils that much. It does provide good coverage though and I like using with on it's own when I'm in a hurry to do my makeup. Overall I do like it but i'm not sure if this is better than regular drugstore powder foundation in terms of finish, staying power and oil control

I'm a fan of this powder. I've heard some good things about this powder from a few friends and a few of my fave beauty youtubers, mainly Casey Holmes. Anyway! I was due for a new powder at the time to set my bb cream so I was in Sephora and already knew I wanted this powder. I didn't do Sephora's new color match technology, the girl just swatched 2 colors on my cheeks and I was matched to 202. It is a half shade darker than my current color but since its winter, my skin will be warming up a bit once spring comes. I use this every morning to set my garnier bb cream and it sets flawlessly. I do get minor oil in my t-zone, but no matter what products i use, i still get a bit of oil everyday coming through. I do touch-up once in the late afternoon w/this powder and I'm good for the rest of the day. I am a fan of the sponge it comes with. I also love the packaging. its black but there clear strip where you see the color. I will repurchase this from now on.

on 12/19/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder blew me away. I have been using it for a little over two weeks so I will update is my mind changes. But so far I'm blown away. I love powder foundations to lightly dust over my liquid foundation. I have been using Mac studio Fox powder for about a year. And loreal true match powder for two years. But this one ( mat duo) is almost for perfect for me. My skin type had changed since I have birth. My skin type is usually dry but I'm a combo of normal and oily t zone. I have been using the Revlon colorstay and this mat duo powder together and I do not get a shiny t zone or need to reapply any makeup through out the day. My makeup look and stay flaweless throughout the day. The powder is packed tightly and it's not a lot of product for the price. I wouldn't call it full coverage but I think it's medium but buildable. I use the color 214 and my Mac reference is nc50 and nw44. I wear the Revlon colorstay in 400 caramel in the normal to oily skin it's a perfect match. Mac colors aren't to much of a perfect match. I will continue to purchase this powder. Also it does not accentuate any dry patches. So dry skin people should be okay. Just apply lightly. One of favorite YouTube makeup is socialite life ( Sandy) she wears this powder all the time and her makeup stays flawless. Hope I helped someone. Its better to send a little more to look better sometimes.

on 10/10/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When I first bought this from Sephora I was so excited to think my skin would stay matte ALL day long. I have the shade 214 and it fits almost perfectly. After a month, I realized my skin doesn't stay matte that long (even with mattifying products to prep). According to the ladies at Sephora it's the best mattifying powder they have so there's nothing else I can run to. For $34, I need my face to be flawless through life & this only lasts about 4 hours on my face WITH a primer. So this is a no go for me. Wish I could return but I've already hit pan and I'd feel bad even trying to.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All the bad reviews amaze me this works perfect for me with my primed and poreless by too faced and revlon colorstay. It gives my face a perfect matte glow and the best part is I don't ever touch up my face from when I put it in at 8 til 5/6 at night. Plus it's always humid and very hot 90+. The only thing is that it is a bit more expensive and I find it too similar to sephoras pressed powder. Yet the only reason I buy makeup forever over sephoras is because my shade, 207 just can't be replaced by their colors. It's such a unique color and it's my perfect shade which makes me love the product more. I've repurchased this three times in the past 5 years(everytime I run out). Great product definitely my go to powder and I've been through many powders ( makeup forever hd finish, primed &poreless powder, bareminerals mineral veil, sephoras pressed powder, Almay, revlon, etc) I also just like how if used with a very fluffy powder brush it feels light and airy even in too of revlon which is a very thick foundation ! The great thing is when you go to sephora you can just test it yourself:)

on 7/28/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This has to be my favorite powder. Matched my skin perfectly stayed matte and will only go cakey if you keep applying throughout the day. Blotting sheets do help with the oil instead of re applying. Probably the only powder that doesn't make my skin irritated or break me out. Lasted me about 2-3 months!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 6/16/2014 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Beautiful silky MATTE, medium to full coverage (depending on application method) foundation. Can be used to set other foundations. For my very oily skin, I prefer this over Lancome's dual finish powder foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I worked with this foundation for a few weeks now to basically force myself to like it but I just hate it. Another poor quality powder foundation! I'm not saying everything is a bust with this because it does have a few really good qualities such as staying matte all day long even after workouts! Also, it doesn't cause any skin irritations with is a huge bonus. However, these are the cons that I can't deal with enough to keep this.
Cons:
1. Dated finish. I mean, what is up with the 90s powdery finish? It is very cakey. It makes the skin look chalky and dry. I have oily skin but I'm a huge fan of foundation allowing skin to look like skin. I want my *cough* natural beauty to glow through the foundation, not have a powdery veil over it. There are many foundations out now on the market that have a matte finish and allow skin to look like skin!
2. Poor staying power. My oils don't break through this foundation but it does fade very fast on me. After two hours of wear, I still have a matte finish but spots have faded and I look like I suck at applying makeup.
3. Oxidation. As with MUFE's other foundations (HD & Mat Velvet) this one too oxidizes like a bastard. BAD, it oxidizes about three shades darker and very orange.
4. Poor coverage. Now, I'm normally a light coverage person on a daily basis. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer. However, the coverage I got from this was more like a setting powder.
Conclusion, I'm back to MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation because that give great coverage and it lasts all day. This isn't HG either because it doesn't have the best oil control. Oh well.

on 4/15/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have fairly oily skin and find this powder somewhat controls it for a few hours. Pros: - can build coverage - stays on the skin all day without being absorbed by your skin or having to reapply -controls oil for a few hours -blends well Cons: - I find when you apply with a powder brush the powder goes everywhere. It comes off the pan really easily so be careful when you swipe it with your brush. Just dabbing will pick up enough powder. -oxidizes a bit after you apply. I'm thinking about returning mine for a shade lighter