April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - Smooth and Silky Vitamin H and Silk Proteins

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this product! Better than the higher end conditioners I have used! Leaves my hair super silky, reduces frizz and hides the appearance of my split ends. I have dozens of splits ends and after using this conditioner it hides them and makes my hair look extremely healthy. I use lemon juice to fade my black Asian hair to a brown and the lemon juice really damages and drys out hair, but this gives so much moisture. Doesn`t weigh down hair, I can get an extreme blow out if I wanted. Good packaging, you get a lot for your money and you can get a really good bargain when it`s on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by teenybutton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this bottle of conditioner 5 months ago, and it has lasted me all this time. I have very long, thick, wavy hair and I use a lot of product when I wash it. The sheer amount of conditioner in the bottle was impressive, considering what I paid for it.

I noticed a difference in the texture of my hair after the first week or two of using it. It was slightly sleeker and less frizzy, but I wish the difference were more drastic. It did a great job of conditioning my hair but the smoothing effects were minimal. It's a good basic conditioner, but I would like to try more products to find something that can truly keep my hair frizz-free.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by LillyMash

It makes soo much hair fall out. I had to stop using it after a while because I was losing too much hair. While I was using it my hair looked dry and dead, I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I'm on my third giant bottle of this conditioner and I'm officially addicted. I don't know what kind of magic they've put in this, but I love it so much! I completely saturate the ends of my hair, leave it in for about 2 minutes, rinse, and repeat a few times and my hair is like silk when I get out of the shower. It's so incredibly soft, just like it promises. I sometimes get tangles, but not when I use this. Smell is decent, just a simple clean smell that doesn't bother me. Can't beat the price- i can always find a big bottle for less than 5 bucks. Definitely a good value for someone like me with thick hair who needs to use lots of product. It's really moisturizing as well. I really love this and I'll keep using it as long as I keep getting good results!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Vexus

I have dry wavy hair that is prone to frizz. When I first used it 2 weeks ago it worked really well! I've never been sensitive to silicone but recently I noticed a lot of my hair falling out. Almost enough to cover the drain in the shower. I'd like to keep my thick hair so I'll be getting rid of this, it still a good product but make sure it doesn't make your hair fall out like it did mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's better than the shampoo by far. It makes my hair look a little better, but it's not by any means a miracle worker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by elleforlaura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly? This is my HG conditioner! I've been using Clairol for the past 9 years and I've been looking for a new line of conditioner for quite some time, but I think I've finally found it! I bought this from Target for $2 AUD on sale in a huge bottle - totally worth the money. At first I thought it was going to be an ordinary cheap conditioner that would just help untangle my hair and would be a one-off thing. But no! It leaves my hair silky smooth and soft even after my hair dries! It takes me literally less than a minute to blowdry my hair (it usually takes me 5 minutes when I come straight out of the shower), and I'm left with the most amazing feeling! I've noticed a dramatic reduction in hair loss as my hair use to fall out strand after strand and I would have to vacuum the bathroom every single time I use it. Definitely does what it claims and I definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by asw37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish that this conditioner worked for me.

The price is great, around $4.95 AUD when on special. There's loads of it and it promised so much.

When I started on the first bottle it was tremendous. My hair was fairly soft and silky, easy to brush and comb. I had blonde foils throughout and wasn't noticing anything going wrong.

Fast forward to the second bottle I started on, same hair colouring process and length, my hair started to fall out. EVERYWHERE. I had to vacuum the bathroom and house everyday as my hair was falling out in clumps. DH found it everywhere, much to my horror, he found several of my fallen hairs in his lunch.

DH was using the conditioner too. He said he's got hair made from steel. Same thing. His hair was falling out in clumps and by the handful.

I have no idea what ingredient or formulation in this conditioner caused our hair to fall out so badly. As soon as we both stopped it and started on a better formulation (Redken Real Control) the hair fall stopped.

As previous reviewers have said, if you're sensitive to silicone don't use it. If not, it's probably an excellent conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As with my shampoo review, I really do not understand why these large bottles do not come with a pump. It seems logical and so much easier for us consumers to use.

I have pretty normal hair with wave but after a chemical treatment months ago my hair started to become dry and break. I had tried so many products but if it didn't work for my hair it caused a reaction on my skin.

I gave this a 4 because I could use a little more moisture but overall it works really and my hair is looking great after a few months of usage.

Hair is soft, smooth and pretty silky. It has helped make my wave easier to blow dry out.

Scent is pretty light. I'm not sure how to describe it. Clean but not soapy. Does not bother my sinuses.

Warning: If you don't like cones or if you hair does not react well to cones you should avoid this conditioner. I suggest Tresemme Moisture Naturals. It also works well with the Smooth & Silky shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG conditioner. This is THE first conditioner I have ever used since I can remember. My mom bought this for me as a kid and since then, I've tried other conditioners but have always gone back to this. I am asian with stick straight, fine (but a lot of it) hair. I leave this in my hair for 5-10 minutes and it takes out all the tangles in my hair (I brush through with my tangle teaser or my fingers after the 5-10 minutes), and this makes it so easy. I used to use the shampoo as well but found it made my hair get greasy faster than normal (and I have very oily hair). With this, I only use it on the bottom half of my hair, starting from about my ears, and that's fine. I don't like to condition my roots because it just weighs down my hair, no matter what conditioner it is. Overall, I like this because it's cheap, smells good, and works great. I tried the Macadamia deep repair mask, and I prefer this to that because of the price, and it gives the same effect, except that the Macadamia mask is thicker, which makes me need to use more because it is harder to spread through my hair. I will always repurchase this over and over.