Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 6/4/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just realized i put the review under the wrong product...should have been under the normal diorshow mascara (the review underneath this one).

on 5/31/2015 10:45:00 AM

If you're looking for the blackest and the fullest lashes this might be your cup of tea. I didn't have any problems using this (some people say it's too intense but this doesn't cause any problems while application to me). I really like its effect on my lashes, it is like I'm wearing false lashes. The only downside is, after 2-3 hours it smudges badly, and nothing I tried stopped it from smudging. With and without concealer, setting powder and primer. Think about any combination and I tried it, but there isn't any solutions I got to find.
It is also quite pricey. I really love the false lash effect it gave me but I don't think I'm gonna buy it again, because of the smudging problem and the price.

on 5/17/2015 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It's too pricey for what it is. It's very, very dark and pigmented, and it only takes one coat for your lashes to be the blackest of the black. But more coats make it clumpy, and you get little dots at the end of your lashes like spider's legs. It does well for length and volume though, but nothing you couldn't get for cheaper elsewhere.

on 5/12/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Shame on you Dior for producing such a sub-standard product. I have never used such a terrible mascara in my life (which probably includes about 100 different brands and models). For starters, right out of the tube this stuff is gunky and you need to wipe off a lot of excess product. Then, it's a hot mess trying to put it on your eyelashes without it clumping all over the place. And just to add insult to injury, for all your efforts, you wind up looking like a panda because it's melted off your lower lids and onto the skin under your eyes.
What a waste of money!

on 3/24/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bn wanting to try Dior mascara forever. I finally caved. I love blackout for my long blinded sparse thing eyelashes. It really thickens them up. This is now HG for me. The only problem is it deposits so much mascara that it takes four large cotton pads for me to take it off. Haha. It's wo it though for my lashes needs. I guess that's why it works. I don't hav the waterproof. I went back to try the reg DiorShow in brown for more casual work days since I liked blackout to change it up. It's much more dry formula and less dramatic. But I use it for work. Easier to remove but il stick with Dior Blackout, my HG and won't repurchase the Show again. The sales lady convinced me to buy the Dior eyelash primer which I like under both mascar as.

on 3/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

I love inky black, wet, big brushed-mascaras and this one definitely delivers the volume I love. It is not as good as my Chanel Le volume but it definitely is the best Sephora has to offer. I wear it over Benefit roller lash and my lashes look fake!

on 2/5/2015 5:04:00 AM

When i first bought this mascara i loved it,but after trying out other mascaras i realised that this makes my eyelashes really short and thick.I usually prefer mascaras that add length and volume but this doesnt lengthen much at all in my opinion.

on 12/11/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I wanted to try something else in the mascara market. I go through a tube of MAC's 3D Extra Dimension a month, easy. And I knew there had to be something else to try that is just as impressive and black. The color of DiorShow Blackout is extremely black. I like that the formula is not drying out after a few weeks, it feels like new still. One thing I do not like is that if I wear the mascara with a bare eyelid, it always transfers to my lids. If I prime my lids and put eyeshadow it doesn't that much. The worst part is it happens during the day when I am not paying close attention to my eyelid situation...not cool. I look like a weird clown or something. Besides that, it's a lengthening, black mascara.

on 11/17/2014 4:14:00 PM

Bought this in New York when I went on a splurge in Sephora. Sales assistant recommended it to me, have to say I wasn't sure as I never usually spend as much as I did on this on mascara, but gave it a go.
I expected great things from this mascara as I felt it was pricey, and whilst it is a relatively good mascara, I find that it can be quite clumpy :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara, but it could be better. I love the color and it usually goes on pretty well, but I have to wipe the excess formula off before I put it on. It makes my lashes look pretty nice.
However, the packaging isn't the best. There seems to have been some formula that dried on the outside edge of the bottle and now it will NOT screw shut. At all.
My main issue with it though, is removal. If I wanted a waterproof mascara, I would have bought one. I always end up with eyelashes on my makeup wipes trying to get it off, and no matter how much I take off, I still wake up the next day with some under my eyes.
The formula itself is nice, but I'm continuing my search for an awesome mascara.