April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - emphasEYES Inner Rim Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Litchelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been eying this product for months and finally tested it in Sephora (sounds gross - the girl who was helping me cut the top and sterilised the product first). Once it was on, it worked, but I was not impressed enough to pay $20 for it so I left it behind and went out for a girls night.

Let me tell you, I am the oldest of the group of girls I was with by at least 5 years and was the only one who got carded. The rest of the night I was swarmed with guys and could not figure out what was going on with me - I was wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans to the other girls' much cuter outfits. As I washed my hands in the bathroom, I looked up and was a little taken aback by how fresh and pretty my eyes looked. I work crazy hours and have a packed schedule so I am almost always sleep deprived and this was the first time in a long time you could not tell. I looked closer and the product was still on my inner rims - 6 HOURS later.... amazing because I stopped wearing waterproof black eyeliner on my inner rims years ago because within 20 minutes of application I had terrible racoon eyes no matter what I tried (where the waterproof eyeliner kicked in ...meaning PANDA EYES ALL DAY)..

Whether this works well for you may depend on your coloring. I'm olivey/tanned and this nude popped on me while looking natural, but I can see how it might not do much for someone with already very light inner eye rims for example. For me? I'll be going back for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by habana

I have the Inner Rim Brightener. It's a nice nude color that disguises the redness in my waterline, especially early in the morning. It goes on smooth and the color is perfect, I just wish the staying power was better. It does last longer than any other similar brightening liners I've tried. All in all I'm pretty happy with it and use it daily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

I needed to try something new due to my sensitive eyes. I bought this and really regretted it. I returned it to Ulta. It was very dry going on and then it was gone in a couple of hours. Also, it didn't make my eyes feel any better. I will keep searching.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a good concept, because I always put my liner on the inner rim, but this product has not worked at all for me. I got mine in brown, and it barely shows up, plus has zero staying power. Overall a pointless and expensive failed experiment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The staying power is horrible, it's too dry, it doesn't apply dark enough, it's runs in about an hour. I love how skinny it is, and that you don't have to sharpen it, now all they have to do is make a better product to put in the wonderful packaging. Very disappointed will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I use the Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener. It's a nude liner that I use on my waterline. I have small Asian eyes that look even smaller behind my coke-bottle glasses so I'd been looking for a long lasting white liner for the waterline. I was tired of reading reviews so I just went to a retailer and asked what the clerks would recommend. They took me to this product to test it out. What I loved instantly is how creamy this is, allowing it to glide on almost effortlessly and the nude color is more natural-looking than using white liner. I decided to buy it and went about my day. To my surprise, when I returned home hours later, my eyes still looked fresh and big. I was only going to use this when I wear my glasses but I love it so much that I wear it when I wear my contacts too. At first, I was worried that applying it to my waterline while wearing my contacts would be a bad idea. It stays in place and doesn't bleed or flake into my eye so I'm really pleased. Will definitely buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by bremarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a crumbly mess. For an "inner rim eye pencil," it sure doesn't live up to its name. I'm worried when it crumbles too close to my eye that it will break off into my eye and cause irritation. Plus, it's not too waterproof. I find myself reapplying this (or something of better quality) within thirty minutes to an hour of using it. It's only redeeming quality is the shape of the pencil. I love the design and the concept of the "clicker" and I've found that if you don't put too much product in the end piece, it works out okay. Still, I'm not using it too much and it's about to meet its expiration date. I think I'm sticking to other pencils for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by DeadByAssociation

This review is on the inner rim brightener. I found it to be hard to work with, crumbly, and unnatural looking. It didn't brighten my eyes, just made it look like i drew pink marker on my waterline. I added a picture to show. Also, When I wound it up to see how much was in there, it broke while I was winding it back down, and I never even touched it!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glad that I got this for free. Its texture is really bad, very crumbly. Impossible to use it on top lid or waterline. Gave it two lippies becasue I still can use it on my lower lash line with care, otherwise it still breaks and crumbles easily. I will not pay for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into Ulta trying to get Tarte EmphasEYES for my eyebrows, but thought I couldn't find my color (little did I know there was only one shade) so I picked this up in Chocolate. Not knowing it was eyeliner I used it to fill my brows, and I was surprisingly in love! This does not have any red and it matches my eyebrows perfectly. Another plus is that it stays put, it does not smudge. I have worn this out dancing with my friends and I have worn it outside in high humidity. The tip is thin so it's easy to do soft, small, realistic strokes, I think using the twist up liners are much better than using a pencil because you can be more precise, so it doesn't look like I sharpied on brows.

Well, after I realized it was eyeliner for the inner rim I was psyched because I line the inner rims of my eyes whenever I want a dramatic look. When I applied this it hurt my eyes and I could barely even see it. It was one hundred percent off within 20 minutes. So if any of you bought this and hated it and don't have a recipt, try it on your brows.

For a brow pencil I give this a 4.5, but for it's actual purpose as an inner rim eyeliner I would give it a 1, so that is why I gave this 3 lippies. I would ONLY buy this again for my brows.

EDIT: Had to change the rating. While this looks amazing on my eyebrows it does smudge a bit. I need something that last for the entire day, even after the gym. The best I've found is MAC in Spiked, it's the same color and has a skinny tip and lasts longer